UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

11/20/12 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrunoMcGyver
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galt - 
BrunoMcGyver - 
Galt - 
BrunoMcGyver - ^that's awesome mate. cheers! will dfinitely be useful for me im sure! love nice fresh food.

What was Ubon like Galt? I know one of Legacy Gym's gyms is there and I've read it's meant to be pretty chilled out adn that.

I really liked it, actually trained at Legacy for a bit. Ole Laursen is a good trainer and the head coach(can't remember his name) was absolutely amazing, real genius at MT.
Ubon was just really laid back and chill, I think I would've enjoyed it more if I spoke more That but as another poster above mentioned the Isaaan people are really down to earth and chilled out.

Nice. Would love to go over while I'm there. It's a bit far from the north but hopefully I can make a few months of it and see a lot of it.

Hope to make it to BKK for a couple days. If I do I'm offering to buy ya a drink or 6.

Same offer goes to any of you who'll be in T/Land at that time.

That'd be mighty kind of you, teaching english in Thailand has reduced me to drinking yaa dong for 10baht a shot :) Kind of the same buzz as you get from absinthe.

Yaa Dong hey? I'd love to try yaa dong, maybe even his dong! haha

I'll let ya know if I make it to ol Grung Thep dude!!
11/20/12 11:37 PM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galt - Ham and Egger, how about a beer next weekend?

Sounds good man! Ill PM you once I land and get situated.
11/21/12 12:43 AM
BrunoMcGyver
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been looking at real estate in Chiang Mai because I've had nothing to do at work for the last few hours. I might not fuckin come back to Australia when I arrive there! Awesome looking apartments/condos are going for like $45K Australian. Holy fucking awesome! That will barely buy ya a bloody caravan here lol
11/21/12 1:32 AM
BrunoMcGyver

I'm a qualified and damn good journalist and writer. I could edit one of the English-language papers and suck off ladyboys!!
11/21/12 3:40 AM
Windfall
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ham and Egger

Lets kick it!
Galt - Most of the girls that are well to do students subsidize their income with a sugar daddy who seldom is of a western persuasion. In my humble experience :)

Bro, stop crushing my dreams. And what persuasion are the sugar daddys? Japanese? Chinese? Korean?

I am fairly confident I can weed out the good/bad ones.
11/21/12 6:56 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Galt - 
BrunoMcGyver - I'm a qualified and damn good journalist and writer. I could edit one of the English-language papers and suck off ladyboys!!

That'd put you in the creme de la creme of expat society. On both counts, orally pleasuring the third gender is an unorthodox but not unheard of move.

Well, I'm going by the assumption that protein powder isn't as widely available there as it is here, so I'm going to have to get my protein quick-fix another way :P :P
11/23/12 11:00 PM
BrunoMcGyver

Is a tefl certificate a requirement to teach English over there? I know in some asian countries it's not, but not sure about T-Land
11/23/12 11:14 PM
Louisvillain
438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN for what not to do by Junie Browning. Phone Post
11/24/12 7:24 AM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went to action zone and got twins special sparring gloves, shin guards, headgear and 2 pairs of shorts for 150 USD.

This is what it feels like when doves cry.
11/24/12 7:53 AM
pazz5
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - I've been looking at real estate in Chiang Mai because I've had nothing to do at work for the last few hours. I might not fuckin come back to Australia when I arrive there! Awesome looking apartments/condos are going for like $45K Australian. Holy fucking awesome! That will barely buy ya a bloody caravan here lol
As a farang you cannot legally own more than 49% of a business or property, the other % has to be owned by a Thai.

Your only option in starting a business or owning some real estate is to become involved with a Thai, either professionally or sexually Phone Post
11/24/12 8:00 AM
pazz5
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pazz5 -
BrunoMcGyver - I've been looking at real estate in Chiang Mai because I've had nothing to do at work for the last few hours. I might not fuckin come back to Australia when I arrive there! Awesome looking apartments/condos are going for like $45K Australian. Holy fucking awesome! That will barely buy ya a bloody caravan here lol
As a farang you cannot legally own more than 49% of a business or property, the other % has to be owned by a Thai.

Your only option in starting a business or owning some real estate is to become involved with a Thai, either professionally or sexually Phone Post
I just had to Google that then as I thought I may have got my information wrong and I sorta have. A farang can never own land there are even more stupid laws on buying land/property with a Thai wife

http://www.farang-services.com/?tab=FAQ#02 Phone Post
11/24/12 8:05 AM
pazz5

Sorry for the multiple posts too but I hope you have a great time in south east Asia, it really is beautiful.

My favourite place was Koh Tao, went for 5 days, stayed for 6 weeks doing various scuba courses. Beautiful beach too. Bangkok is crazy but an awesome place, you can live to total extremes. Spend a lot and live like a king or be thrifty and get by easily.

I have an Indonesian friend who took me to a steak restaurant and the steak was easily the nicest cut of meat I've tried. I'll they to find the restaurant.

If you're looking for more authentic Thai food, any restaurant away from the tourist areas will provide you with amazing green/red curry.

I'm pretty jealous and would love to be going back. Maybe next year. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:16 AM
YouEffSee
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stayed a week in koh Tao this last summer, good times for sure. Aside from getting bit by what may have been a rabid Rottweiler and having to have multiple rabies vaccinations/human immune globlulin shots being administered by a lady boy in the sketchy clinic (worst experience/pain in my life by the way)...but yeah.

GOOD TIMES! Bring on the sangsom buckets! Haha Phone Post
11/24/12 8:21 AM
showuswhereyourfingersleeps
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

farang can own apartment/condo/unit etc. Just cannot own any land i.e. can't own a house or the land a structure is on.

Also faring can own business Thailand, just not permitted to work in the business.. Well its Thailand always ways around things.

Note for older dudes - expats can retire in Thailand after the age 50.

I did a training trip to thailand this year in september for a month and trained at PBG. Awesome gym, tough training 6 days a week twice a day and keeping yourself away from the party scene.

Travelled to and around thailand 6 times now and just love the place.
my thoughts:
Chiang Mai is a great place, cheap cheap compared to other tourist hotspots and relativly quieter.
Bangkok is for shopping but has the premiere gyms.
phuket has good gyms and beach lifestyle but somewhat overpriced and tourist central.
pattaya is for the dirty old fat perves who want the aids and 12 yr old girls.

11/24/12 8:24 AM
pazz5

showuswhereyourfingersleeps - farang can own apartment/condo/unit etc. Just cannot own any land i.e. can't own a house or the land a structure is on.

Also faring can own business Thailand, just not permitted to work in the business.. Well its Thailand always ways around things.

Note for older dudes - expats can retire in Thailand after the age 50.

I did a training trip to thailand this year in september for a month and trained at PBG. Awesome gym, tough training 6 days a week twice a day and keeping yourself away from the party scene.

Travelled to and around thailand 6 times now and just love the place.
my thoughts:
Chiang Mai is a great place, cheap cheap compared to other tourist hotspots and relativly quieter.
Bangkok is for shopping but has the premiere gyms.
phuket has good gyms and beach lifestyle but somewhat overpriced and tourist central.
pattaya is for the dirty old fat perves who want the aids and 12 yr old girls.

Thanks for the info, I was sure I got my facts wrong soon as I hit post.

Also, spot on with the Pattaya comment. The only reason anyone goes there is six tourism Phone Post
11/24/12 8:46 AM
pazz5

*sex Phone Post
11/24/12 9:30 AM
Ham and Egger

Heading to Authayya in the morning. One more day in Bangkok then heading to Chiang Mai. I Have loved Bangkok but it is not my wifes type of place. Very chaotic. We got into a cab tonight and the driver asked me right in front of her if we wanted to see ping pong pussy or a sex show with a young boy and girl. Her face got bright red haha. Shes a prude.

I think she will like Chiang Mai much more. I am going to try and meet a monk in the area that does Yantra.
11/26/12 8:44 PM
Ham and Egger

We're on khao san now. So many hippies... Getting on an overnight bus to Chang Mai tonight but will be back on the 2nd for that beer!
11/26/12 8:49 PM
Jaybrone
526 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - I'm not really big on Asian women, so any pussy I get will be western backpacker pussy, which is always awesome anyway ;)

Depending on the area of Thailand you are in you can find plenty of Euro sluts. Pattaya and Bangkok both have lots of Easter European girls in the right clubs/bars.

11/26/12 8:50 PM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soreshins - Spent a lot of time training in Phuket - longest was for 6 months. Been to Chang Mai a couple if times and really enjoyed it. Would move over there in a heartbeat. Just be a friendly guy to everyone and don't be a drunken farang idiot and you will get on great. Phone Post
This :) Phone Post
11/26/12 8:55 PM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya they are all 99 year leases you can't actually" own" it :)

But at the prices who cares you'll be dead by then! Also the other issues are zoning and board control in apartment blocks, ie. Depending who owns most of them (thai owned) they can influence heart body corp, water rates the whole nine yards in some buildings! Phone Post
11/28/12 2:38 AM
Ham and Egger

OctaviousBP - 
Ham and Egger - 
BrunoMcGyver -
Ham and Egger -  6 days till I leave as well. Fuckin psyched. Phone Post

Nice, where abouts and for how long?

Let us know how ya go mate!
Landing in Bangkok on the 22nd. Gonna check out pattaya, ayuatha and maybe angor wat. Then up to Chang Mai for Loy kratong. Will have to head back to take finals early December. Phone Post

Make SURE you're at Mae Jo university in Chiang Mai the evening of November 30th. It's absolutely amazing. Bring a camera.

I would try and get there around 5 and try and find a place to park.

Any idea whereto go tonight (28th)?
11/28/12 5:16 AM
warez
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tonight is Loy Kratong where they float the lotus baskets with a candle in them down the river.
11/28/12 5:59 AM
Ham and Egger

warez - Tonight is Loy Kratong where they float the lotus baskets with a candle in them down the river.

Ya im going to Wat Chai Monkol. I am still tired from the bus and dont want to deal with the drunk crowd tonight. Hopefully the temple will be a little more serene.
11/28/12 6:54 AM
myjawhurts
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - I'm not really big on Asian women, so any pussy I get will be western backpacker pussy, which is always awesome anyway ;)
Glad you're not into Asian girls, coz in Thailand there's no such thing.

Good rule to keep in the back of your mind Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.