UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Going to Thailand AMA and TME

12/11/12 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/11/12 7:34 PM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/11/12 7:34 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:35 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:36 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:37 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:38 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:38 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:39 PM
Ham and Egger

12/11/12 7:42 PM
Ham and Egger

Thats it for now. I have a couple hundred more but it takes so long to load them onto photobucket.

Got back to the states and took my finals. Now Im bored as shit and planning my next trip.
12/12/12 5:41 AM
MarkRobinson
1390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool Ham and Egger. I got a tap tattoo on my left shin and thighs yesterday.
12/12/12 6:08 AM
MarkRobinson
1390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did the taps on the back feel? My shin was probably the most painful "tattoo" I've ever experienced. I felt like the guy was going beneath the skin and hitting muscle. Every once in a while he'd hit a nerve and I'd damn near get teary eyed. And when he hit the shin bone.... Fuuuuuck. Phone Post
12/12/12 7:02 AM
CHILLITACO
702 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow that tatt must have taken a while, looks cool. Phone Post
12/12/12 7:33 AM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Sak Yant dude, is that at Wat Bang Phra
12/12/12 7:36 AM
OUTCOLD
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  How did the taps on the back feel? My shin was probably the most painful "tattoo" I've ever experienced. I felt like the guy was going beneath the skin and hitting muscle. Every once in a while he'd hit a nerve and I'd damn near get teary eyed. And when he hit the shin bone.... Fuuuuuck. Phone Post

I got one on my shin and fell asleep but when i got my back done it was the worst pain i have ever experienced. Felt like the needle was blunt.
12/12/12 8:16 AM
RyanPleasure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
12/12/12 9:18 AM
MarkRobinson

OUTCOLD -
MarkRobinson -  How did the taps on the back feel? My shin was probably the most painful "tattoo" I've ever experienced. I felt like the guy was going beneath the skin and hitting muscle. Every once in a while he'd hit a nerve and I'd damn near get teary eyed. And when he hit the shin bone.... Fuuuuuck. Phone Post

I got one on my shin and fell asleep but when i got my back done it was the worst pain i have ever experienced. Felt like the needle was blunt.
I went with some chicks and they got tats on their backs. They seemed pretty fine for the most part.

I have quite a few tattoos and I really couldn't believe how painful the shin tapping was.

You fell asleep? Damn. Good for you. Lol

I seriously think the guy was going beneath all layers of skin. It was a goddamn blood bath. Phone Post
12/12/12 10:20 AM
Ham and Egger

OUTCOLD - Awesome Sak Yant dude, is that at Wat Bang Phra

Its a small temple about 2 hours south of Chiang Mai. It was the third temple we went to and I cant remember the name of it. The monks name is Phra Narol (pronunciation)

I was originally going to Wat Tung Kiang but the monk that does Sak Yant was in Singapore. The guys working on the roof told us to go to this temple. My driver knew the area well but we still had to stop about 10 times for more directions. SO many small roads and it was in the middle of nowhere. Mountains and rice paddy's.

When we got there two villagers followed us up from the road. We finally got into the monks house (Im pretty sure he was ignoring us) and I was disappointed to find out he wouldnt tattoo farang. He was sitting near a table with a pile of flour on it and drawing designs into it. We all just sat there and every once in a while he would give me a dirty look. I thought he was about to tell me to fuck off and then my driver said "OK!" and motioned for me to take off my shirt.

I talked to the monk for a bit through my driver and he busted out an old book full of designs. I told him what I did for a living and my need for protections and strength, made an offering to the temple and got to business.

He had an assistant laying out clean cloths and bowls of water and sterilizing the rods and blades. Every once in a while a young monk would come by and trip out on me. The monks and villagers both wanted pictures of me.

It hurt far worse than any other tattoo I have. When I was doing the symbols he went into a trance or something. He was chanting and shaking. After he was doing he started blowing into it and yelling and rubbing that blessed flour on it. I felt dizzy by the end. Not sure of it was the pain or the reality of what was happening. It seemed surreal.

It healed unnaturally fast. Never leaked plasma or bled afterward. Seemed like it healed in a day or two but I am still taking care of it.
12/13/12 12:41 AM
MarkRobinson

That sounds awesome.

my experience was a bit of the same in regards to the trance/ prayer and blowing on to the tattoo.

My guy wasnt reluctant to do the piece for me. He was surprised where I wanted to get the tattoo though. He had never done a tattoo there before so he had to do a special prayer before he started.

Then it ended with him putting a mask over my head and praying some more.

The girl I was with told me to give him 500 baht but I left 1500 instead.

Pretty fuckin wonderful but according to him, I can't kick girls or children with the leg anymore. So there goes my Saturday :( lol Phone Post
12/13/12 12:56 AM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the pics, man! Goddamn, they've got me missing SE Asia so much right now..
12/13/12 2:00 AM
Pratty
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in Siem Reap right now. Love it
12/14/12 3:52 AM
OUTCOLD

Would love to see finished pictures of your Tattoo's healed up guys.
12/14/12 4:04 AM
BrunoMcGyver
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/14/12 4:04 AM
Wow dude that tatt's awesome!!!

What's the deal with getting it done by a monk? You said one of the monks doesn't tattoo farangs, but is this true for most monks?

If not, what is the process (if there is one) for getting tattooed by a monk over there? I wouldn't mind experiencing this myself when I go over. Money's no problem.
12/14/12 4:59 AM
mulder68
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/14/12 5:50 AM
OUTCOLD

Edited: 12/14/12 5:50 AM
www.sakyantworld.com/wp/

www.sakyant.com

Some info here on Sak Yant

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.