UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Grid falls. How long....

11/17/12 1:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JIMMYNAKS
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Before the killings, rapings and general good times start?

How long before morals and fear of Karma die and everyone kicks into survival mode? Phone Post
11/17/12 1:23 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coconut water

11/17/12 4:31 AM
Sgt. Slaphead
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2-3 weeks, real desperation sets in!
11/17/12 5:16 AM
Moke
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 5:19 AM
Well you gotta make sure and not jump the gun like those TARDS in New Orleans who in the very first moments of Katrina, thought it was the end of civilization as we know it and started shooting at cops and rescue helicopters. Even cops were looting, robbing, and offing people...nursing homes were killing their patients and everyone was casually looting in broad daylight as though they were just shopping...

That was some fucken funny shit...whatever happened to that tard mayor they had?
11/17/12 6:13 AM
JIMMYNAKS
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if we think the Grid fell, wrecked shop.... And the power came back on?

What would the ramifications be?

Holy Hell!

Insanity plea? Phone Post
11/17/12 12:33 PM
FCTV808
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ mayans.
11/17/12 3:36 PM
fnunderful
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why wait until the grid fails...lets start now.
11/17/12 4:50 PM
jjmtg
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

24 hours ok, 48 hours panic, over that mayhem. Oahu Board of Water has NOT, found a way to keep water pumping after 24 hours. Once people cant turn on the tap, take a shower or flush the toilet is where people realize its over. Phone Post
11/17/12 9:11 PM
JIMMYNAKS

Hey! You leave Mayhem out of this! Phone Post
11/17/12 10:08 PM
WillyMaunawili
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2...3 days tops

There was absolute craziness during the Tsunami warning, I could imagine the panic that would happen if shit really hit the fan Phone Post
11/17/12 10:10 PM
Moke
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only craziness I saw was the rush to gas stations. Where does everyone think they're going to go?
11/17/12 10:15 PM
lets get dangerous
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - The only craziness I saw was the rush to gas stations. Where does everyone think they're going to go?
When the meth is gone they'll have tanks of gas to huff Phone Post
11/17/12 10:26 PM
Moke

Cool. That makes for steady head shot targets plus the head explodes from the gasoline vapor just as the bullet hits!
11/18/12 12:44 AM
WillyMaunawili
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - The only craziness I saw was the rush to gas stations. Where does everyone think they're going to go?
That's my point, well one of them, why go crazy for gas when you really can't go anywhere. People were throwing down at gas stations. I fully understand gassing up for generators though.

But I did see people losing their cool at Wal Mart too... Phone Post
11/18/12 3:06 AM
JIMMYNAKS

There was fights at the Ewa beach gas stations.

I saw this on Guam too. A lighting bolt during a typhoon hit the fuel tanks and we couldn't receive any new shipments for a month.

No power, no running water and gas rationing = riots at the gas stations.

What I did see in the countless Super Typhoons I've been through was that it brings out the worst in people, but also the best in some.

Should be InterDasting. I anxiously await it. Phone Post
11/18/12 6:04 AM
fnunderful
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck the world
11/20/12 12:31 PM
Dr. Shocker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think it's more likely a tsunami hits first, taking out all low lying areas. Many civil services and basic resources shut down. If it's localized to just HI, it will be a similar response to Katrina imo. Some looting, some getting dead.

Not too sure if having TV helps or hinders, but if there isn't any power it's moot.
11/20/12 4:44 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moke - Cool. That makes for steady head shot targets plus the head explodes from the gasoline vapor just as the bullet hits!

I've seen you shoot fren.....headshot are NOT in your skillset with those fukin eyes and physique :p

11/20/12 4:47 PM
Moke

Rifle fren! I loves me a rifle!
11/20/12 4:49 PM
Sgt. Slaphead

you has a rifle.....we must train!
11/20/12 9:55 PM
JIMMYNAKS

You know who will do well?

The guys living at the Paintball field and Nimitz under pass because they'll already have been living as we will need to learn to live.

I better go make friends Phone Post
11/29/12 12:35 PM
jjmtg
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.islandconceptsconsulting.com/disaster_kits.htm

Just look back over the last decade at the wildfires, tsunamis, severe storms, power outages, etc. that people on this planet have faced. Some incidents have actually hit close to home for us in the United States… Hurricane Katrina comes to mind first – a situation showed not only us, but indeed the entire world that even in the most civilized of nations that it still only takes three days for contemporary men and women to resort to primitive behavior – killing each other for basic sustenance and survival needs. Opportunistic criminals and Mother Nature came together in a perfect marriage that brought on sickness, injury, and even death to the weak or ill-prepared. The lack of clean palatable/potable water, no available shelter from the elements, lack of medicine or medical help and so on showed true human vulnerability and fragility.

Also from the ready Store - survival type forum from someone who living through Hurricane Sandy:

This week, we were forwarded an email from a family that lives in New Jersey that dealt with the power outages as the result of Hurricane Sandy.

This family made a list of lessons they learned during the storm. We wanted to pass along some of the points on their list so that you and your family could learn from their experiences and be better prepared for a power outage.

1. The excitement of a power outage wears off around day three.

2. Just because your generator runs smooth, does not mean it’s producing electricity.

3. A couple of cases of bottled water is NOT water storage.

4. You should have as much fuel as water. That includes:
• Propane
• Gas
• Kerosene
• Firewood
• Fire starter (kindling, paper, etc.)

5. If you are not working, chances are nobody else is either. Don’t just sit around, go out and work.

6. You eat a lot more food when you are cold or bored.

7. You need more food than you think if your kids are out of school for 2 weeks.

8. Kids do not like washing their face in cold water.

9. Your 1972 Honda Civic gets to the grocery store as well as your 2012 Escalade, but the Honda allows money left over for heat, food, water, a generator, fire wood, a backup water pump … you get the idea.

10. The electrical grid is way more fragile than I thought.

11. Think of the foods that calm you down and help you think – a cup of hot chocolate, a glass of milk and a ding dong before bed, etc. You’ll need comfort food.

12. You quickly become the guy in the neighborhood who knows how to wire a generator to the electrical panel, directly wire the furnace to a small generator, or get the well pump running on inverter power.

13. A woman who can cook a fine meal by candle light over the BBQ or open fire is worth her weight in gold.

14. It takes a lot of firewood to keep a fire going all day and into the evening for heat.

15. In an emergency men stock up on food, women stock up on toilet paper.

16. I was surprised how many things run on electricity!

17. You can never have enough matches.

18. All of the expensive clothes in the closet mean nothing if they don’t keep you warm. The same goes for shoes.

19. You cannot believe the utility companies. They are run by politicians! Or so it seems.

20. “A man with a chainsaw that knows how to use it is a thing of beauty”.

21. Most things don’t take much power to operate. Things like:
• Computers
• Phones
• Radios
• TV
• Lights

22. Some things take a ton of power to operate:
• Fridge
• Toaster
• Freezer
• Hot plate
• Microwave

23. It gets darker a lot sooner than you think.

24. Getting out of the house is very important. Even if it is cold. Make your home the semi-warm place to come home to, not the cold prison that you are stuck in.

25. Someone in your family must play or learn to play guitar.

26. There were also many things that were not learned from Hurricane Sandy, but reinforced. Those things were the importance of my family and their love and support, especially my lovely spouse and that I am very thankful for the upbringing and experiences that have taught me and brought me to where I am.
11/29/12 4:13 PM
WillyMaunawili

^ Awesome post man, thank you Phone Post
11/29/12 4:20 PM
Moke

27. Gun
11/30/12 3:04 AM
JIMMYNAKS

JJMTG FTW.

I wish I could VTFU for your contributions

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.