UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Nick Ring's fight cancelled

11/17/12 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Bocek/RDA was moved to the main card?

I think they want Cote/Sakara to headline the FX prelims.
11/17/12 3:45 PM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks I was looking forward to this fight.

Financially how are the fighters covered here? Full training camps and bringing their teams with them... That's a lot of expenses to cover if they get no income from it. Or maybe sponsorship money can cover it?
11/17/12 3:52 PM
stevekt
574 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh no he didn't! *waves finger*
11/17/12 4:10 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really sucks for him. But you kind of noticed at the weigh ins already. Nick looked incredible drawn out and frankly a little ill as well (and this is only coming from a guy who watched the way in video...cant imagine how bad he looked in real life).

Anyways i do hope that Nick Ring gets well fast and find his way quickly unto a card again. I also hope that the illness isnt to severe. Best

11/17/12 4:11 PM
328ISJOHN

As of about 4 or 5 hours ago David Loiseau has offered to step up and replace nick in this fight....
Not sure if it will happen,havent heard anything more from his twitter account... He is said to be ready and in shape....Dana is looking for a MAN to step up....David has !!!!
11/17/12 4:20 PM
MadmanGadman
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does costa get paid his show and win? Phone Post
11/17/12 4:24 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/17/12 4:26 PM

Thanks for the info, Brian. Best wishes to Nick for a speedy recovery.

11/17/12 4:27 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was really looking forward to this fight.

I hope Costa gets another fight ASAP and nick recovers completely and quickly. Phone Post
11/17/12 4:35 PM
3 Sided Square
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zaba the Zulu - Hi, I am Nick coach Brian Bird,

Very bad news regarding Nick Ring's fight. He has been pulled from the card by UFC doctor orders. Nick became very ill in the middle of the night. Likely from a virus that took over from a weakened immune system from cutting weight. I saw him early in the morning and it was clear he was incredibly sick. We called the UFC officials and they brought in their doctor to inspect him and after made it clear he is not ok to fight. Nick is resting in bed on IV at the moment. Nick never asked to pull out and was very concerned with letting down, his friends, fans, the UFC, and his opponent Constantinos Philippou. This really sucks but safety comes first.

The only good news is his moustache still looks good. :-)

I will keep you all updated on his progress.

BB

Well, at least when my friend asks me how I knew the fight was off, I can say "a bird told me".
11/17/12 4:38 PM
youarewhatiswrong
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure how the Loiseau thing would work, they're not going to let him weigh in same day, right?
11/17/12 4:40 PM
SJCOTTON
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is shitty! But of the reason I boutgh the ppv was so I could feel a poo bro Phone Post
11/17/12 7:44 PM
Bentleysuper8

Not quite the same but here's Nick Ring's first pro fight in Lethbridge Alberta vs Bill Mahood. Doubt many people have seen this vid.
11/18/12 7:54 AM
Zaba the Zulu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I visited Nick after the fights and hewas still in bed but looking much better. He is obviously disappointed but has a good attitude about the situation. He plans to be back training ASAP and hopes to book another fight right away. 
11/18/12 11:52 AM
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER

i cut weight since i was a kid...there is proper way of doing it

Ring had months to prepare, his unprofessional way of doing things should have gotten him ZERO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.