UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Pray

11/17/12 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RoninBT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As we debate the validity of alternative worship or the relationship between Qumran & Masada the Mideast is heating up….
If you worship the God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob then I implore you to:

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem"

Sincerely,
Bydge
11/20/12 2:47 PM
JitsuGuy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, beg, plead and grovel to a God who setup a system in which two failed, caused the rest to fail and now we must beg for forgiveness of our very nature in which he directly contributed to.

Ok.
11/20/12 5:38 PM
RoninBT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched a movie last night, Troll Hunter, it has as much to do with this thread as your post. Check it out. Phone Post
11/20/12 11:16 PM
JitsuGuy
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why pray when God has shown he does and does not answer based on reasons we have no understanding of? Obviously, those reasons are more important than the prayers themselves - at least God thinks they are. So why pray? Phone Post
11/21/12 12:17 PM
JitsuGuy

LOL at you Christian peeps voting me down because I invoke reason.

Keep on pretending.
11/21/12 1:19 PM
RoninBT

Have you seen the movie yet. Seriously, it’s very good. Keep in mind it is subtitled.

Ps
Vote you up or down… You have mistaken me for someone who cares.
11/21/12 1:25 PM
JitsuGuy

It's obvious you don't really care as you leave my questions unanswered.

Why pray?
11/21/12 1:50 PM
RoninBT

You are not looking for answers. You are looking for an argument.
Just a reminder - Troll Hunter: available on Netflix.
11/21/12 2:23 PM
JitsuGuy

You don't have the answers anyway... That's obvious. Praying for peace in a region of the world that is extremely volatile. You would essentially be praying for God to change the hearts of those on both sides of the issue over there. In a sense, he would have to interfere and ruin this idea of "free will" I'm sure you also believe in.

So what exactly are you praying for in the middle east? People to cease existing there? Because the only peace that exists on the planet is most likely where people are not.

Good luck with your prayers. It never really worked for me, other than giving me the feeling that I did something to affect change, when in reality, I did nothing but believe in nonsense.
11/21/12 5:01 PM
RoninBT

You know the answer to your question. You just don’t like it. As soon as I roll that pearl out you’ll have a canned response ready to go. I doubt it would require much typing, simple cut and paste.
I bantered back and forth with you because it was entertaining & I had 10 minutes to spare but it has ran its course. Now is when you insult me one last time & claim victory.
11/21/12 5:14 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daily Prayer, a perspective on prayer by Simmon Jacobson

11/21/12 5:15 PM
JitsuGuy

Nice dodge.
11/21/12 9:55 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RoninBT - You know the answer to your question. You just don’t like it. As soon as I roll that pearl out you’ll have a canned response ready to go. I doubt it would require much typing, simple cut and paste.
I bantered back and forth with you because it was entertaining & I had 10 minutes to spare but it has ran its course. Now is when you insult me one last time & claim victory.
Nicely worded! Phone Post
11/21/12 9:55 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JitsuGuy - Nice dodge.
Wasn't a "dodge" at all. If you read his post, his reasons are well stated Phone Post
11/21/12 10:24 PM
JitsuGuy

Okay, so not answering the questions is not dodging them. That's reasonable. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.