UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> St-Pierre vs. Condit

11/18/12 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
darkness66
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm a grappling nerd but the exchanges on the ground had me and everyone in the room on the edge of our seats. I love these ignorant fans who never set foot in a gym trying to call gsp boring. He is the best all around grappler at ww Phone Post
11/18/12 1:44 AM
swany
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva will destroy gsp's legacy
11/18/12 1:53 AM
formerspook
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
formerspook -
HexRei -
formerspook - 
HexRei -
formerspook - 
duckhuntgangsta -
formerspook - God, I hate this shit. You rarely see a champion that incapable of finishing fights. Phone Post

That's was a fantastic fight. Carlos is no joke. They beat the crap out each other. Phone Post

I thought the fight was great. The only problem is that my entire house was filled with groans whenever GSP took him down. I thought he was getting the better of the exchanges and he decides to go for the takedowns? He fights to not lose instead of fighting to win. Someone with that much skill and talent shouldn't play it so safe. How often does Dos Santos or Silva try to ride out a decision? Even though I despise JBJ, at least he goes for the kill Phone Post

WATCH KICKBOXING INSTEAD

Go watch high school wrestling Phone Post

Why? I'm not the one crying about a fighter's styl. Apparently all your friends and you think takedowns are for the unskilled and untalented. You're wrong, and my suggestion was absolutely serious. I cannot comprehend why someone would watch MMA instead of kickboxing if they didn't appreciate groundwork.
I think you're missing my point here. I like groundwork just fine. What I don't like is the playing it safe factor. GSP could've finished Hardy, Silva, Shields, Koscheck, and Condit. He actually tried against Hardy and still couldn't do it so he tries to just not lose. I think he could be the GOAT but at the same time, how can you be the greatest compared to the likes of Fedor and AS if you grind out 5 rounders? Phone Post
Reading your first reply, I think the problem might be the pipeline you are watching the fight with. Not saying their bad people (obviously I don't know them) but they might be poor fight fans. I wanted the event with my gym owner and several people who train daily, one of which used to spar with Condit. There was no moaning at a GSP take down. There was a lot of clapping. GSP was very active. . Phone Post
Watching the post fight conference, I reverse my thoughts. Mad respect for GSP. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:00 AM
Sipesy

GSP looked better than he has in a loooong time tonight. Landed some sick ground and pound and was active most of the fight. Still would have loved a finish but I can't complain about that fight. Condit stayed in there till the end too and made that fight even better with that powerful head kick and close TKO. Great fight and a great card too. Hendricks looked unreal
11/18/12 2:39 AM
PrettyBoy
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendrix has earned it. Fitch, Kos, Kampman in a row. Phone Post
11/18/12 4:36 AM
Jambo888
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight

11/18/12 6:55 AM
MMAtador

Sux wish Condit would have won now GSP wont fight for another year or two. just what we need another champ that doesnt want to fight. at least Condit would have fought a couple times in 2013. Its time for nick diaz to get his shot. something tells me he will fight anyone anytime if he was champ. i mean really no one wants to see GSP get destroyed by Silva not even GSP himself.
11/18/12 9:22 AM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAtador - Sux wish Condit would have won now GSP wont fight for another year or two. just what we need another champ that doesnt want to fight. at least Condit would have fought a couple times in 2013. Its time for nick diaz to get his shot. something tells me he will fight anyone anytime if he was champ. i mean really no one wants to see GSP get destroyed by Silva not even GSP himself.
Let Diaz face Kampman. Both are coming off loses in what amounts to #1 contender matches. It would be an exciting fight. And Hendricks deserves the shot. The list of top contenders he has left in his path of destruction is quite impressive. Phone Post
11/18/12 12:59 PM
un3rgr0und

Some of you guys are so lame, aww GSP didnt get the finish

so what he just came off a serious injury and he totally dominated Condit except for that head kick Condit landed

GSP is a beast and he was trying to end the fight, he looked really good
11/18/12 4:17 PM
Fabefromfort

GSP can only stay with the welters. He cannot finish welters. Even thinking of Silva is ludicrous. All he would do is piss off Silva if he lands, if he lands something. Silva isa far to big and too lethal. George would have to deal with him for 25 minutes if its a 5 rounder. C'mon forget that fight everyone. Most knowledgable fans don't want it. George certainly shouldn't. I for one will not buy that one. Forget Silva_George. Did you see Silva wince when George had Condit going late in the 5th, and was landing strikes, then suddenly shot on Condit ? That was his killer instinct saying, no, George finish it. Silva is lethal and would look for a kick to the head or knees to the head against George. He would look to hurt him bad. Make a final statement, and George would be the sacrificial lamb. George you need to forget Silva. There's plenty of competition in the welters now, and more on the way. George looked very good for the layoff, and what a comeback from a headkick. That was nice, but if that was Silva, George might be dead right now, which is what Silva might look for in a fight with George...Death.
11/18/12 9:56 PM
HexRei

^^^Guy who doesnt realize GSP's first name is Georges, not George, is going to talk about how he represents the views of most knowledgeable fans.
11/18/12 10:05 PM
HexRei

What is your opinion on Lloyd Mayweaver?
11/18/12 10:29 PM
epwar
638 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight finally made me glad to see someone fight up to GSP's level.  Even on his back, Carlos was still going to town unlike most of GSP's opponents who just lay there.  Respect to both men.

11/18/12 10:54 PM
canuck34
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAtador - Sux wish Condit would have won now GSP wont fight for another year or two. just what we need another champ that doesnt want to fight. at least Condit would have fought a couple times in 2013. Its time for nick diaz to get his shot. something tells me he will fight anyone anytime if he was champ. i mean really no one wants to see GSP get destroyed by Silva not even GSP himself.
Lol. He missed a presser so he wouldn't have to fight GSP. Phone Post
11/18/12 11:17 PM
Bry Bry

GSP needs to stay at WW, forget the Anderson fight..GSP has nothing for Anderson..standing it would be a massacre and if GSP takes Anderson down, he wont finish him or even hurt him..

is Diaz coming back and if so, when??

where is Josh Koscheck?is he staying at WW or moving up??how about a Diaz/Kosh fight?
11/19/12 12:53 AM
HexRei

this thread is exemplary of the "one drop" rule. it's a weird phenomenon.
11/19/12 3:53 AM
HexRei

WALL OF TEXT

11/19/12 4:24 AM
MMA6053
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hats off to BOTH fighters for an outstanding fight. If anything their reputations grew even more after this.

Superb undercard as well.
11/19/12 12:36 PM
ElPupi
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight was really good in my opinion it kept me on my feet. Specially when condit landed that kick in the 3rd.
11/19/12 1:05 PM
JamieHill

exciting fight, went about how I expected it to.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.