11/17/12 11:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PatsBarriesGotKongo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robbery Phone Post
11/18/12 12:00 AM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone else notice how the announcers were silent any time Tom hit a punch? Phone Post
11/18/12 12:02 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Driscoll - Did anyone else notice how the announcers were silent any time Tom hit a punch? Phone Post
No. Phone Post
11/18/12 12:03 AM
gusto

Driscoll -  Did anyone else notice how the announcers were silent any time Tom hit a punch? Phone Post

rogan fell in love with carmont looking cool, but i thought goldie called lawlors shots
11/18/12 1:01 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
922 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

complete sham , not even a doubt

11/18/12 1:03 AM
Vril

Should of been a TIE

11/18/12 1:41 AM
Donny_Kerabatsos

JetSetter -  When a Canadian gets booed for winning chances are the decision was bad! Phone Post

this!

tom maintained octogon control for the majority of the fight. I was blown away by this decision. blown away. This always happens when the UFC goes to other countries. the home town fighter always gets an edge because the the judges see the crowd reacting to their strikes, takedowns, ect. it affects the scoring a little i think.
11/18/12 2:59 AM
Argo

Donny_Kerabatsos - 
JetSetter -  When a Canadian gets booed for winning chances are the decision was bad! Phone Post

this!

tom maintained octogon control for the majority of the fight. I was blown away by this decision. blown away. This always happens when the UFC goes to other countries. the home town fighter always gets an edge because the the judges see the crowd reacting to their strikes, takedowns, ect. it affects the scoring a little i think.

Many an American got a favourable judges call in USA based UFC fights. You probably never ever bitched about it based on where the fight took place.
11/18/12 3:09 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carmont isn't Canadian.
11/18/12 7:59 AM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Lawlor got robbed; that was 29-28 to him clearly. Astonishing decision.
11/18/12 9:09 AM
Momentum
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me, the judges are ruining my UFC experience as a fan. I must not understand the judging systems because I thought Tommy clearly won that fight. Based on the response from the crowd for their homestown fighter, I wasn't alone. Keep your head up Tom.
11/18/12 11:45 AM
Kneeblock
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This was such an outrage it even brought Gordon back!!! 

11/18/12 11:50 AM
Osbot

Sorry, but the people acting like this was highway robbery in broad daylight need to settle down.

The fight was extremely close. Look at the fight analytically and critically. Separate yourself from any bias you have because Lawlor posts here.

There was nothing in it.

Lawlor, two failed submission attempts.
Carmont, slightly better off in the striking.

How do you pick? You can make a case for either guy winning 3 rounds to 0.
11/18/12 12:07 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The recent changes to the judging criteria were done EXPLICITLY to handle fucking situations like this
I don't know if you guys remember, but the salient feature for me was that defense is no longer scored as a positive. To put it in the SAC's own words, "defense is its own reward."

So if someone is chaining TDs and the other guy is only defending them, the guy chaining TDs should win automatically on the basis of effective octagon control and aggression, particularly if he had dominant clinching position the entire time and the striking was at least equal.

So fucking pissed off right now! Fuck this, sorry Lawlor, you deserved better
11/18/12 12:08 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Osbot - Sorry, but the people acting like this was highway robbery in broad daylight need to settle down.

The fight was extremely close. Look at the fight analytically and critically. Separate yourself from any bias you have because Lawlor posts here.

There was nothing in it.

Read my above post and you'll see why you're objectively wrong...

Especially because the rule changes also had an extra bit on near submissions being worth points, maybe not the second attempt where he held position, but the first choke was certainly a near submission
11/18/12 12:12 PM
MattyECB

Rockcod - 
Trick or Truth - 
Rockcod - 
boxy - The fight was very boring. The ref was justified in breaking up the cage hugging. No one wants to see 2 minutes of that.

Very unprofessional of Rogan to call the ref fat.

A lot of words describe Joe Rogan, but "professional" isn't one of them.

He is a colour commentator. I think most people enjoy his candour, it is refreshing.

I prefer professional broadcasters that at least try to pretend they're not biased.

Iunno man, soccer when the announcers are brits, NHL when I'm watching a TO feed Vs. a Sens feed Vs. a US feed...

Same with boxing in a lot of cases and well, in most sports you're often hard pressed to find a perfectly biased announcer. I don't mind it as long as it's not heinous, and besides this fight, I thought Rogan was good today
11/18/12 12:21 PM
MattyECB

Rockcod - 
boxy - The fight was very boring. The ref was justified in breaking up the cage hugging. No one wants to see 2 minutes of that.

Very unprofessional of Rogan to call the ref fat.

A lot of words describe Joe Rogan, but "professional" isn't one of them.

You're a bit of moran or too angry at the fight in general if you didn't think the ref was overzealous

I'm sorry but when I was getting pissed I mississippi'd (lol) some of the warnings...
He warned Carmont to get busy or he'd stand them up w/in 1 and a half seconds of Carmont getting top position.

He was justified in some of the clinch seperations, but to be constantly nattering in fighters ears like that is fucking idiotic
11/18/12 12:25 PM
MattyECB

Donny_Kerabatsos - 

this!

I think what pisses me off more than them ignoring any changes to judging criterion is the inconsistency.

I supported Couture's win over Vera, to give one example, even though Couture was less exciting on the grounds of octagon control and positional dominance

The criteria change to officially make defense null in points and activity/near submissions, even if you purposely give up positional control, a positive in points should only further support Lawlor's merit to get the decision.
11/18/12 12:32 PM
6ULDV8

Lawlor dominated that whole fight and shut Carmont down.  That was a horrible call.

Pop quiz:  who were the judges and what were their scores?

11/18/12 12:34 PM
MattyECB

Reynaldo Poullard - 
Osbot - Sorry, but the people acting like this was highway robbery in broad daylight need to settle down.

There was nothing in it.

I concur.

I like both Filthy and Carmont and saw them neither of them with a crystal clear win, so I scored it a draw.

But Reynardo, just saying it was even so you scored it a draw is a cop-out! It's ten point must and you have to follow ten-point must -- I liked Pride to and I know it never dies and all, but it's Boxing judging now

You can't just look back and tally up two sub attempts in different rounds against overall striking lol

So for you -- which round did you give Carmont 10-9, which round Lawlor 10-9,and which round 10-10?... Or did you give all three rounds 10-10 which I'd seriously disagree with.

Not trying to be facetious and sorry if I'm post raping this thread, kinda hyper rt now off caffeine lol, but I'm actually curious how you tallied the fight...
I saw it drunk and yesterday, so I might be remembering with rose-tinted glasses
11/18/12 1:51 PM
Acidic

I guess in Canada

Legs kick > Aggression, control, punches, takedowns and etc

11/18/12 2:33 PM
crumbs

If you were to give that fight to someone based on points, then yes, Lawlor would squeek one out.

But he couldnt do shit with Carmont,more half the fight was Fence cuddling, should fighters fair poorer on the score cards, for not being able to adjust there obviously failed game plan?

Carmont as well, he didnt do shit either, two fighters that didnt want to change there game plans, and coasted to the final bell.

was lawlor more aggressive? what does that even mean now a days in mma, is holding a guy against to cage for extended periods of times aggressive? or counter aggressive.

all i know is despite what Rogan was trying to sell us, that fight was boring as fuck.
11/18/12 3:54 PM
French Fries Malone
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was a close fight. Lawlor maybe should have the w and I was betting in carmont Phone Post
11/18/12 10:11 PM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - If you were to give that fight to someone based on points, then yes, Lawlor would squeek one out.

But he couldnt do shit with Carmont,more half the fight was Fence cuddling, should fighters fair poorer on the score cards, for not being able to adjust there obviously failed game plan?

Carmont as well, he didnt do shit either, two fighters that didnt want to change there game plans, and coasted to the final bell.

was lawlor more aggressive? what does that even mean now a days in mma, is holding a guy against to cage for extended periods of times aggressive? or counter aggressive.

all i know is despite what Rogan was trying to sell us, that fight was boring as fuck.
You're dumb, but I find it funny when you say dumb things. So I like you. Phone Post
11/22/12 11:30 AM
The Elastic Assassin
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

octogon control....agression.....and only one person in that fight was close to finishing the fight......

lawlor won that fight...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.