UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Froch is looking like a destroyer!

11/17/12 6:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's next for him? Kessler rematch I think! Phone Post
11/17/12 6:34 PM
UGCTT_45forever
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say your right mate!Also how come he has a massive nose and it doesn't affect him at all lol? Phone Post
11/19/12 2:11 PM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully he gets a Kessler rematch. He could prevail against Kessler.

Apparently Ward was tweeting about coming to the UK.

I suppose he would get paid well and have an easy night's work. Ward dominates Froch even more savagely if they meet.

11/19/12 2:16 PM
Mclay won my SN
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ward will take him to school if they fight again man,like you say it would probably be more brutal,froch has nothing for him. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:02 PM
pharochuck
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Joe Ray - Hopefully he gets a Kessler rematch. He could prevail against Kessler.

Apparently Ward was tweeting about coming to the UK.

I suppose he would get paid well and have an easy night's work. Ward dominates Froch even more savagely if they meet.

he takes kessler in a rematch. first fight was close and froch is even sharper now and seems to be peaking. only problem is ward seems to  have stepped to another level with the way he blew out dawson. but a ward-froch rematch in england would do huge business

11/20/12 2:20 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree with all that's been posted. I see him beating Kessler but Ward is only going to get better and will be top 3 p4p by the end of his career Phone Post
11/20/12 2:53 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evzey - Agree with all that's been posted. I see him beating Kessler but Ward is only going to get better and will be top 3 p4p by the end of his career Phone Post
I think it's a testament to how good Ward is that most fans (including myself) think that Froch hasn't got anything for him. Phone Post
11/20/12 4:11 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Froch has risen to another level after the Bute fight. I'd love to see a rematch with Kessler.
11/20/12 4:43 PM
Joe Ray
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Froch pulverised Bute but he was still flailing away like an amateur. Bute also seemed very intimidated by the occasion.

Ward would slice him up.
11/20/12 5:32 PM
pharochuck
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evzey -  Agree with all that's been posted. I see him beating Kessler but Ward is only going to get better and will be top 3 p4p by the end of his career Phone Post

a reasonable argument could be made that ward is number 1 right now. he and martinez have fought harder comp then mayweather or pac in the last year or so. and i put ward over martinez because ward's last 3 were abraham, froch and dawson all very good fighters and ward lost maybe 3 rounds total in that stretch. ward is beating the best guys around and not even breaking a sweat.

11/20/12 6:02 PM
Joe Ray

Agreed.

Ward is better than Martinez as well.

11/21/12 11:56 AM
U4EA
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Ray - Froch pulverised Bute but he was still flailing away like an amateur. Bute also seemed very intimidated by the occasion.

Ward would slice him up.

Yeah, I don't think Froch has changed much, I think he is just a better version of himself. But I dont think Bute was intimidated as much as he was just uncomfortable because Froch was rushing him and he was under too much pressure inside to be able to use his sly counters against Froch.

I think he can beat Kessler now. Kessler has been very inactive recently and I dont think fighting Brian MacGee is going to to give him the experience he needs.

Whereas I think he had improved, smashing Bute and Mack doesn't mean he is going to be any better against slick fighters. Ward will always have Froch off balance and tripping over his own feet.
11/21/12 1:32 PM
pharochuck

U4EA - 
Joe Ray - Froch pulverised Bute but he was still flailing away like an amateur. Bute also seemed very intimidated by the occasion.

Ward would slice him up.

Yeah, I don't think Froch has changed much, I think he is just a better version of himself. But I dont think Bute was intimidated as much as he was just uncomfortable because Froch was rushing him and he was under too much pressure inside to be able to use his sly counters against Froch.

I think he can beat Kessler now. Kessler has been very inactive recently and I dont think fighting Brian MacGee is going to to give him the experience he needs.

Whereas I think he had improved, smashing Bute and Mack doesn't mean he is going to be any better against slick fighters. Ward will always have Froch off balance and tripping over his own feet.

pretty well summed up. i would like to see froch-dirrell again. this version of froch seems a little faster and sharper and could possibly catch dirrell this time. however if dirrell has improved then he can get the win and set up a big fiht with ward, who i think mauls him but i would still ike to see it

11/21/12 3:27 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dirrell hasn't done anything with his career since the Super Six. He has all the talent in the world but needs to develop it by actually fighting. And regularly.
11/21/12 5:07 PM
U4EA
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ yeah, I agree. Dirrell and Kessler are two guys who are top fighters from the tournament but I feel have been left behind somewhat due to inactivity. Froch on the other hand, got what he really needed from the tournament - he got the chance to constantly fight top level competition and learned from his losses. Another reason the tourney made him a better fighter is because he is natural athlete and very tough, so I think the losses taught him lessons without them - or the winning fights - taking much or anything at all out of him.

Froch looks to me like he is getting physically stronger too. I think he just one of these guys who is naturally athletic and makes the weight easy and he also lives a pretty strict life now (no diary, little junk food, yoga classes etc) and I think that is allowing him to build on his natural physical strength to create a stronger body over the years. Does that make sense?

I don't think he would beat Ward is 1,000 attempts but, if he is going to, I think we should have a think about targetting the body very heavily to try to sap some of Ward's speed and strength. Although he was largely a punching bag, those final two body shots on Mack were utterly crippling. Either one would have been enough to stop him, but that left hook in particular almost looked like it brought Froch's knuckles in contact with his Mack's spine.
11/22/12 5:40 PM
HayemakeredByHaye
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 
Evzey -  Agree with all that's been posted. I see him beating Kessler but Ward is only going to get better and will be top 3 p4p by the end of his career Phone Post

a reasonable argument could be made that ward is number 1 right now. he and martinez have fought harder comp then mayweather or pac in the last year or so. and i put ward over martinez because ward's last 3 were abraham, froch and dawson all very good fighters and ward lost maybe 3 rounds total in that stretch. ward is beating the best guys around and not even breaking a sweat.

True enough. Some fighter.
12/9/12 3:04 PM
Evzey

pharochuck -

Very good point! And he has never really looked at all in trouble Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.