UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DQs with 0 warning

11/17/12 9:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FinestScotch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Mirgliotta would have done his damn job, he would have given Sakara a warning and Cote a recovery period, saving the fight.

Instead, this.

When it takes 6 illegal blows and the ref utterly fails to do his job, should it not be a NC? I mean they were obviously fouls, but WTF was Dan doing!?

11/17/12 9:49 PM
SonofJockstrap
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A stoppage via blatantly illegal strikes is by rule, a DQ. With or without warning. Agreed about Dan really dropping the ball there though.

11/17/12 9:51 PM
Forssberg

Miragliotta ruined the fight. He was nervous and forgot the rules once he stepped into the cage.

Actually after the first warning he should have stopped the fight and subtracted a point. Had Cote been unable to continue he should then have declared a no contest?
11/17/12 9:53 PM
FinestScotch

Forssberg - Miragliotta ruined the fight. He was nervous and forgot the rules once he stepped into the cage.

Actually after the first warning he should have stopped the fight and subtracted a point. Had Cote been unable to continue he should then have declared a no contest?

No, if he couldn't continue a DQ for sure, but I'm about 99% sure Cote would have been able to continue if he ate 1-2 of those and was given 5 minutes. He was defending until the 5th or 6th landed.

11/17/12 9:53 PM
gusto

an absolute sham
11/17/12 9:56 PM
CaptainWoody
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP is dumb, when a guy is damn near KO'd you do not let him continue. It also happened very fast. If he restarts and lets Cote continue and Cote goes on to lose it still can be attributed to those illegal shots and then we are in the same spot we are now..except you endangered a fighter by letting him go on...

Dan did a good job..call it and let them fight another day when all is even again.
11/17/12 9:58 PM
yellow wrkahlc

You just made this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2090621&forum=1&page=1&pc=8

Now, you're complaining about it being DQ? They were illegal shots. I'm happy it was a DQ. Guys need to be more careful in there when they're attempting to finish a fight.

Now, all we need is someone to DQ Vitor.

11/17/12 10:00 PM
ChaosOverkill
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan routinely ruins fights, he is hesitant and a joke

11/17/12 10:03 PM
CaptainWoody
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Dan routinely ruins fights, he is hesitant and a joke

Dan Miragliotta is a great ref, it is a very very difficult job and he gets it right 95 times out of 100. People expect other humans to be robots, it is unfair and pretentious.
11/17/12 10:07 PM
CaptainWoody

explodin -  If Dan's brain worked as fast as it should, he would have known the first was illegal and stopped it and warned him then.. Instead he watches him do it a million times and then stops the fight as a ko, then realizes they were illegal and plays it off as though it was a DQ all along... Once he stood there and watched all those illegal shots no matter who he awarded the fight to, the other guy was going to get fucked... Dan needs a drug test and a suspension. If he stopped the fight after once of the first four illegal blows and warned Sakara or had taken a point, there would have actually been a real winner. Phone Post

How people can be so egotistical and pretentious as you baffles me.

It happened very quick, he is a human, not a machine or computer and he made the right call.

Why are you pissed that he thought of the fighters well being? They can fight again you know.
11/17/12 10:17 PM
PingLagger

Mirgliotta is 100% full retard.

That guy ruins more fight than Greg Jackson.
11/17/12 10:23 PM
CaptainWoody

You guys are pathetic
11/17/12 11:36 PM
Wasa-B
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not enough time in a sequence like that.
11/17/12 11:38 PM
orcus

FinestScotch - 

If Mirgliotta would have done his damn job, he would have given Sakara a warning and Cote a recovery period, saving the fight.

Instead, this.

When it takes 6 illegal blows and the ref utterly fails to do his job, should it not be a NC? I mean they were obviously fouls, but WTF was Dan doing!?

Yep, Dan is terrible.

Instead of a warning or point deduction and a restart to what was shaping up to be an exciting fight, we got a quick DQ loss for one guy and potential brain damage for the other. What a brilliant job of reffing.

11/18/12 12:49 AM
FinestScotch

Edited: 11/18/12 12:52 AM
yellow wrkahlc - 

You just made this thread:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2090621&forum=1&page=1&pc=8

Now, you're complaining about it being DQ? They were illegal shots. I'm happy it was a DQ. Guys need to be more careful in there when they're attempting to finish a fight.

Now, all we need is someone to DQ Vitor.

? Tell me where I complained about the DQ.

I said the DQ should have been averted by the referee doing his job.

Thanks, but try again.

edit: agree on Vitor, that guy is a routine offender

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.