UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caio Terra

11/18/12 2:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dan black
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahahahahhahahaha
11/18/12 2:52 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i always hate to see falling outs. I experienced enough of that shit at Miletich's with different guys at the gym. And I always hated seeing it. Be Loyal to your instructor/coach! This is martial arts.
11/18/12 2:55 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And i am not bashing Caio. Heck, i don't even know the man. I'm sure he's a good guy or Cesar would never had brought him over in the first place. $$ changes certain people. My question is, did he ask Cesar first?
11/18/12 3:00 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - i always hate to see falling outs. I experienced enough of that shit at Miletich's with different guys at the gym. And I always hated seeing it. Be Loyal to your instructor/coach! This is martial arts.

I think the sillyness is that Terra is not a student of Cesar, he doesn't even train in the building.

He is a completely seperate entity who has an affiliate gym.

11/18/12 3:05 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 - as a caio hater, i vote you up

Just curious. What's the reason to hate Ciao. I know he is a little dorky looking and all, but he seems like a real nice kid.
11/18/12 3:06 PM
dan black
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

?"Historically the owners have used loyalty to a team or a city to hold players as opposed to paying their worth." -Lynn Swann
11/18/12 3:08 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reihardt, you sir have beaten the living fuck out of the truth all over the place tonight.  

I keep getting reminded I can't vote you up again.

Please keep being awesome.

TTT

11/18/12 3:09 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

dan black - My point was I used to beat the living shit out of Caio and he is 10x better than Edgar which in perspective makes me glad I never ran into Edgar or I'd be in jail for murder..

fagit

What do you mean, you beat up Caio?

Did he ever train standup?
11/18/12 3:15 PM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

LilBrockonmychest - 
Jason Reinhardt - i always hate to see falling outs. I experienced enough of that shit at Miletich's with different guys at the gym. And I always hated seeing it. Be Loyal to your instructor/coach! This is martial arts.

I see where you're coming from and always appreciate the inside info, but guess I don't understand it as things change and MMA seems different to me versus the old school martial arts.  BJ Penn and Hughes had a strong rivalry and seemed to have become friends and train/trained together in Iowa and Hawaii.  What are your thoughts on that?  Would you consider Hughes disloyal for helping BJ?  It seems Penn has trained with pretty much every camp out there and I think that's what makes him so good.  Here in Vegas, the guys go around to all different schools to help each other out.  It's not like Coutures and Wand Fight Team are huge rivals or anything.  I don't know...maybe I'm wrong but it seems like most teams train with other teams all the time.

Caesar's thinking is from an old school Brazilian mentality. Back then, everyone who trained stayed with one camp, or only trained with affiliated camps. It was territorial, tribal, and was mostly because of the split of Gracie family.

Everyone branched off, went their own way, and if you started to affiliate with another camp, you were considered a traitor (creonte).

You are thinking about things from an individualist perspective, ie, get your wrestling from one guy, go train bjj with someone else, learn again from another camp...basically become the best fighter you can be. There's nothing wrong with that thinking, but obviously it doesn't vibe well with old school brazilian mentality
11/18/12 3:16 PM
LayzieTheSavage

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Just interviewed Cesar, it's going to be on MiddleEasy soon.

11/18/12 3:17 PM
dan black

Kim Terra > Caio Terra

/end of thread
11/18/12 3:19 PM
dan black

11/18/12 3:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayzieTheSavage -

Just interviewed Cesar, it's going to be on MiddleEasy soon.

Oh yes Phone Post
11/18/12 3:29 PM
cdmontgo
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dan black - ?"Historically the owners have used loyalty to a team or a city to hold players as opposed to paying their worth." -Lynn Swann

This. It wasn't like Caio was getting the credit there anyway. He'll be fine without them. The whole thing is blown out of proportion.
11/18/12 3:35 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
LayzieTheSavage -  Got the boot from the Gracie Fighter team today. Phone Post

• World Black Belt Champion (2008);
  • 5x World No Gi Champion (2009, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)
  • American Nationals Champion – No Gi (2012 absolute)
  • 4x Mundials Silver Medallist (World Championships – 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005 blue belt)
  • Pan American Gold Medal (2011)
  • Pan American Silver Medal (2010)
  • No Gi World Championship Silver Medal (2008)

Some how I think he was bringing more to the table than they were. He will do just fine on his own in BJJ without a link to Gracie Fighter
He should become the main bjj coach for josh koschek's dethrone base camp ... Phone Post
11/18/12 3:43 PM
SeaTea

cheesesteak - 
HolyAvengerP5 - as a caio hater, i vote you up

Just curious. What's the reason to hate Ciao. I know he is a little dorky looking and all, but he seems like a real nice kid.

He is known somewhat as a whiner and excuse maker.
11/18/12 3:46 PM
gusto

HOLLYWOOD-MO - 
LilBrockonmychest - 

I see where you're coming from and always appreciate the inside info, but guess I don't understand it as things change and MMA seems different to me versus the old school martial arts.  BJ Penn and Hughes had a strong rivalry and seemed to have become friends and train/trained together in Iowa and Hawaii.  What are your thoughts on that?  Would you consider Hughes disloyal for helping BJ?  It seems Penn has trained with pretty much every camp out there and I think that's what makes him so good.  Here in Vegas, the guys go around to all different schools to help each other out.  It's not like Coutures and Wand Fight Team are huge rivals or anything.  I don't know...maybe I'm wrong but it seems like most teams train with other teams all the time.

Caesar's thinking is from an old school Brazilian mentality. Back then, everyone who trained stayed with one camp, or only trained with affiliated camps. It was territorial, tribal, and was mostly because of the split of Gracie family.

Everyone branched off, went their own way, and if you started to affiliate with another camp, you were considered a traitor (creonte).

You are thinking about things from an individualist perspective, ie, get your wrestling from one guy, go train bjj with someone else, learn again from another camp...basically become the best fighter you can be. There's nothing wrong with that thinking, but obviously it doesn't vibe well with old school brazilian mentality

did cesar even train jiu jitsu in brazil
11/18/12 3:57 PM
dan black

11/18/12 9:36 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Ciao's bjj is way to cloth grabby and sporty for MMA
11/18/12 10:02 PM
KUIndustries
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a 5 time no gi world champ?
11/18/12 10:03 PM
kying418
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - I think Ciao's bjj is way to cloth grabby and sporty for MMA

5x blackbelt world champ...no gi.
11/18/12 10:06 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fucking shit when I last posted here a few hours ago wasn't Layzie in Iike the positive 70s??? How'd he get voted down so bad Phone Post
11/18/12 10:31 PM
LayzieTheSavage

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Holy fucking shit when I last posted here a few hours ago wasn't Layzie in Iike the positive 70s??? How'd he get voted down so bad Phone Post
something happened with my account.
it got temporarily suspended for some odd unknown reason and then all the sudden all my vote ups were gone Phone Post
11/18/12 11:18 PM
kying418
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 - 
kying418 - 
cheesesteak - I think Ciao's bjj is way to cloth grabby and sporty for MMA

5x blackbelt world champ...no gi.

the world nogis is not as prestigious as mundials or adcc

You are preaching to the choir...I am just saying he definitely has non cloth grabbing grappling skills. Additionally, with his vast knowledge of grappling, I am sure he can teach non sport MMA style bjj.
11/18/12 11:44 PM
Porkchop

Cesar Gracie is a clown. He talks shit like a tough guy all the time. Terra would own him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.