UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How fat can you be and still be a referee? -JR

11/18/12 11:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Black
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That comment certainly caught me off guard- it was a funny observation, though- and Joe is there to comment on what he observes.

I did kinda get the feeling that Joe might have eaten an unexpectedly strong pot brownie/cookie before the fights started last night, lol. Phone Post
11/18/12 11:48 PM
alittleknowledge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could have been something personal. I know that ref has been involved in some controversial matches in Quebec and is not popular among some teams there. A lot of locals were surprised that he got the gig.
11/19/12 12:40 AM
sleepybear70
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
sleepybear70 -
Clarence Parents - 
Incindio - Stupid adolescent comments for a 'professional sport' commentator, especially one that considers himself an intellect. Want to be considered a professional event by main stream, try acting a little more professional.

I would prefer the main stream to hate MMA instead of having Joe Rogan tone down his commentary.

I agree Clarence.....I enjoyed last night and my girlfriend was glad we stayed in and watched it since she can hear the commentary better....she likes that more than the fights I think....oh...and she's not exactly a size zero either hahaha
I'm sure she would feel a lot different if Joe Rogan personally attacked her weight in front of millions of people. In fact, why don't you just go call her fat and get back to us on how she reacts. Phone Post

well played sir....well played
11/19/12 7:54 AM
whatamess

Chris27 - I guess I missed that comment, was he saying it like if you are to big that can be dangerous because you cant move as fast to stop a fight and someone can get hurt?

Is that what he was implying? Or was he just making fun of a fat ref?

he changed his tone to sounding like a smart ass, asking goldberg "can i ask you a question"

"how fat can you be and still be a ref"

11/19/12 8:16 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AndrewJitsu - Amazing!!!! Phone Post
I agree was not very professional of him, I said the same thing but in my living room with friends not on tv.

It must of slipped out.

Phone Post
11/19/12 8:18 AM
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/19/12 8:19 AM

Phone Post
11/19/12 9:29 PM
ufcman187

TopGrinder -  I know joe was trying hard to be funny there but it was not a wise comment. Joe was being a bully right there even if he didn't mean too. That shit is not cool by human standards and goes against joes philosophy he preaches on his podcast. Joes gotta make it right somehow Phone Post

Maybe he can take him out to dinner and talk about it. Subway.....Eat fresh !
11/19/12 10:49 PM
Subvertir

The only time I'll accept a fat person on television is when they're naked in a hot tub with Jack Nicholson.

Fuck that ref.
11/20/12 12:39 AM
CindyO

HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -  Phone Post

What's wrong with Joe?

Cindy

11/20/12 12:45 AM
Korpiklaani

joes my hero
11/20/12 12:52 AM
Russ
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental -  Phone Post

What's wrong with Joe?

Cindy

just a guess but it looks like he is watching two girls one cup video

11/20/12 1:02 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been made fun of in front of a small group of people and felt like shit. Can't imagine what it'd be like to be deconstructed by Joe Rogan (someone who I really admire) on television like that. Makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it... especially since people with weight problems usually have a super shitty self-image to begin with.

Why can't anyone just sort of put out positive energy? Like, instead of putting people down? I dunno.

Well, everyone makes a mistake from time to time. Joe's still a very cool dude (no homos) :D
11/20/12 1:07 AM
xXJayRobXx
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Bout that fat joe" Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.