UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THE MONTREAL SCREWJOB!!!

11/18/12 2:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
269 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops - Giving the nod to someone for defending goes against everything fighting is
I agree with you on this, but they have done this in the past if I recall correctly. Hard to figure out a jiudges mentallity Phone Post
11/18/12 2:31 AM
cycklops
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should have quoted my other brilliant post
11/18/12 2:32 AM
Ansari
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The numbers favour Carmont, but I believe that the fight could have gone either way.

11/18/12 3:09 AM
mandible
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I felt Tom won the fight.
11/18/12 3:11 AM
Megatherium
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Lawlor really only land ONE strike in the first round?

That has to be a modern day record, no?
11/18/12 3:52 AM
TheWelshmanWhoStares@GOAT's
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He's ready to throw that laser like right hand" - Goldberg about Carmont

Yet he never threw it or anything of any note. Rogan and Goldie talked Carmont up all the way through that fight. He did nothing yet won.

When your home crowd fans are booing your decision win you know you've got lucky. Phone Post
11/18/12 6:29 AM
figure four
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's a gsp stable mate... you expect him to lose?
if they can do it in jersey - why not montreal?
11/18/12 8:23 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

two canadians were mauled leading into that fight...hmmm?

I dont buy conspiracy, I lean towards the juges just dont have any idea what they are watching reason
11/18/12 9:51 AM
cycklops
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea, that whole "laser" right hand was annoying. After the third time he said it we were like "all he has to do is throw it for fucks sake." Nothing indicated he had anything in his striking arsenal. However, he did use the "big brother" hand on the head keeping distance technique successfully.
11/18/12 9:54 AM
cycklops

And those numbers seem clear as day that Carrmont won...if you weren't watching. Why is "ring control" (or whatever it's called) a factor in judging if its not factored in?
11/18/12 10:22 AM
BaraoKix

Rockcod - Congrats to Carmont for winning his UFC debut. Solid win.

You just showed how little you actually know...
11/18/12 10:26 AM
Kneeblock
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cycklops - And those numbers seem clear as day that Carrmont won...if you weren't watching. Why is "ring control" (or whatever it's called) a factor in judging if its not factored in?
Exactly. To call any of the few strikes Carmont or Lawler landed significant is being generous. Octagon control, takedowns, sub attempts all went Tom's way. Strikes were more or less negligible, but I felt like Tom landed them when they counted. I'm surprised to see he was even marginally outstruck in 2 and 3. Phone Post
11/18/12 11:18 AM
cycklops

Not to mention he actually put Carmont in a position where the fight was closer to ending than any strike thrown.

11/18/12 11:51 AM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Horrible decision

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.