UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Really impressed by Condit.

11/18/12 1:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He kept GSP somewhat out his riddum the same way he did Diaz but high striking output.

Great kick of course.

Had good guard defense and kept busy with reverse GNP. Had the sweep too and another close sweep, probably due to staying busy with the reverse GNP.
11/18/12 1:02 AM
RayRaysFunhouse
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a Condit/Penn fight would be incredible if Penn was motivated. Both have great BJJ, Penn probably has better BJJ but Condit attacks with strikes better.
That would be a hell of a ppv co-main or a main event on Fox. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:04 AM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RayRaysFunhouse -  I think a Condit/Penn fight would be incredible if Penn was motivated. Both have great BJJ, Penn probably has better BJJ but Condit attacks with strikes better.
That would be a hell of a ppv co-main or a main event on Fox. Phone Post

Wow, hadn't thought of that angle, very interesting.
11/18/12 1:06 AM
the geek
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryann Von Doom - 
the geek - He put up a hell of a battle. Closest to finishing GSP since Serra.

Way to go.

Agreed.. my neighbors are pissed at me for screaming "OH FUCK!" 

I almost woke the kids up a few times tonight with some yelling of my own haha.
11/18/12 1:06 AM
the geek

Wasa-B - He kept GSP somewhat out his riddum the same way he did Diaz but high striking output.

Great kick of course.

Had good guard defense and kept busy with reverse GNP. Had the sweep too and another close sweep, probably due to staying busy with the reverse GNP.

Yup Yup.

11/18/12 1:07 AM
the geek

Really impressed with GSP's recovery as well. I thought he was done after that head kick but he survived. That kick landed right on the money!
11/18/12 1:15 AM
the geek

eljamaiquino - He landed one kick. A whole lotta hesitation. I wasn't that impressed myself. I think Shields tried a lot harder to win. When they were on the feet, Condit didn't open up. He knew he was gonna get taken down so why wait?

I think we watched different fights.
11/18/12 1:20 AM
eljamaiquino
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carlos won 1 round on ONE judge's scorecard! 1 round out of 15 possible ones. That's a shutout....
11/18/12 1:26 AM
the geek

eljamaiquino - Carlos won 1 round on ONE judge's scorecard! 1 round out of 15 possible ones. That's a shutout....

Well we will have to agree to disagree. I thought he came closer to finishing GSP than anyone in years, he battled back more than anyone in years, he landed more punches than anyone in years, he swept GSP which no one has done (ever i think). To me that's pretty impressive, if it's not to you then oh well.
11/18/12 1:47 AM
the geek

Looks like GSP vs Silva is going to happen so maybe we can have Condit vs Hendriks.
11/18/12 3:04 AM
RayRaysFunhouse
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eljamaiquino - Carlos won 1 round on ONE judge's scorecard! 1 round out of 15 possible ones. That's a shutout....
Right, cause judges ALWAYS score the fight fairly, with a hometown defending champion to boot.
Fuck off, you're just ants at a picnic kiddo. Phone Post
11/18/12 3:05 AM
RayRaysFunhouse

the geek - Looks like GSP vs Silva is going to happen so maybe we can have Condit vs Hendriks.
That's not fair to Hendricks at all, though. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose, seeing as how they were hyping his fight with Kampmann as the no. 1 contender fight. Phone Post
11/18/12 6:07 AM
ShriBorg
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RayRaysFunhouse - 
eljamaiquino - Carlos won 1 round on ONE judge's scorecard! 1 round out of 15 possible ones. That's a shutout....
Right, cause judges ALWAYS score the fight fairly, with a hometown defending champion to boot.
Fuck off, you're just ants at a picnic kiddo. Phone Post

You really can't think that this statement is really that out of line? If you do, you obviously have no clue on how scoring and judging works.

Carlos won one minute of that fight. In the 3rd round. GSP dominated leading up to the kick and fairly quickly after.

Before the scores were announced, I called a unanimous decision with 1 or 2 of the judges giving that round to Carlos. I try to see it realistically and objectively.

It was damn near a shut out and was judged pretty accurately , so why don't you just FUCK OFF RayraysFunhouse! Time to learn some UFC kid before you bring your weak, immature know it all attitude here! Now go rewatch some fight and learn some shit Foob!
11/18/12 7:18 AM
Leck Brosnar

the geek - I guess training together will have a bit of different feel in the future haha.

For the record, they have never trained together and probably never will.
11/18/12 8:05 AM
MarkRobinson
1137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Has georges mentioned how effected he was by the headkick? He immediately covered up and then continued to do the exact same thing that won him the other rounds. Perhaps he wasn't all that close to being finished.
11/18/12 8:07 AM
CDarwin
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit would have finished most other fighters from his back. He stayed dangerous and active.

Rooting for GSP, he had me worried plenty of times there.

11/18/12 9:17 AM
Rabid Bunyip
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RayRaysFunhouse - So who's next for him?
I don't think a Kampmann rematch makes sense, even though they're both coming off a loss and butthurt Kampmann fans want it, he just got brutally KO'ed.
A Diaz rematch probably doesn't interest most people and Diaz will probably need a win before fighting top five fighters again.
Winner of Penn and Rory, maybe? Phone Post
I say Fitch. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:45 AM
Damaynevent

I was really pissed off at Condit for the way he fought Diaz, but I gave him credit for putting together a decent game plan to beat him. Not sure what the game plan was against GSP, but outside of that head kick it looked like he was just merely trying to survive 5 rounds so he could say he came to fight.

I thought Condit should've done everything in his power to keep the fight standing. He seem to have a slight advantage there when he decided to be aggressive. His take down defense is shit and he was too content fighting off his back against a guy with arguably the best top game in MMA.

Props to Condit for putting on a good show, but his game plan (whatever is was) sucked.
11/18/12 9:56 AM
the geek

RayRaysFunhouse -
the geek - Looks like GSP vs Silva is going to happen so maybe we can have Condit vs Hendriks.
That's not fair to Hendricks at all, though. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose, seeing as how they were hyping his fight with Kampmann as the no. 1 contender fight. Phone Post
I agree that it might not be fair to Hendriks but it seems to like its what will happen. Hendriks was asked at the post fight presser if he's ok taking another fight before the title shot and he said its not preferred but he's ok with it. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:56 AM
the geek

Leck Brosnar -
the geek - I guess training together will have a bit of different feel in the future haha.

For the record, they have never trained together and probably never will.
Good to know.

Cheers Phone Post
11/18/12 10:12 AM
Leck Brosnar

Cung knocked my ace out -  Let him fight shields in jakes return to WW

Thats a fun one and would be fun to see Nbk KO one of Diaz' training partners.

Good story to sell and an interesting matchup. Phone Post

Would be a fun rematch. Only goes to show how good GSP's topgame is, considering a young Condit did pretty good against Shields in their fight. I'd probably pick Shields in a 3 round fight though.
11/18/12 11:58 AM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that Condit beats everyone else in the division
11/18/12 12:05 PM
ranier wolfcastle
865 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he didnt go as nuts with striking and subs as i was hoping for, but nobody does vs gsp

stil impressive

11/18/12 12:05 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eljamaiquino - Carlos won 1 round on ONE judge's scorecard! 1 round out of 15 possible ones. That's a shutout....

Agreed, and that kick in the third definitely dropped and hurt GSP, but it was blown out of proportion by the commentating. He basically recovered immediately, and went on to win the round on two of the judges scorecards.

You have to give Condit credit for Making George work for the entire five rounds, which is something he needed after the knee surgery, and the long layoff.
11/18/12 1:55 PM
Bumpy Johnson

condit looked like crp. slow clumsy and hesitant

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.