UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Really impressed by Condit.

11/18/12 2:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the geek
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I view the fight completely different than those above me. Oh well, to each his own.

Cheers Phone Post
11/18/12 4:15 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
nostripewhite - He did the best off his back against GSP that anyone has.

As some of us predicted :P

abesolutely. his preparation was excellent, and his performance was disciplined, solid, and gritty. as expected

he may have even converted some diaz fanz :)
11/18/12 4:38 PM
the geek
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhealthy -
orcus - 
nostripewhite - He did the best off his back against GSP that anyone has.

As some of us predicted :P

abesolutely. his preparation was excellent, and his performance was disciplined, solid, and gritty. as expected

he may have even converted some diaz fanz :)
Haha. Good to hear. Phone Post
11/18/12 4:38 PM
6ULDV8
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He scared the shit out of me with that head kick.  It was full on the money and came out of no where.

With just about everyone else at 170 that would have ended the fight and when was the last time you saw GSP pressing ice against his head at the post fight presser?

I bagged on him hard after the Diaz fight, but that little fucker came to bang tonight.  

Props.

11/18/12 9:29 PM
CoolnDeadly

Condit was too scared of the takedown. He fought scared.
11/18/12 9:34 PM
the geek

6ULDV8 - 

He scared the shit out of me with that head kick.  It was full on the money and came out of no where.

With just about everyone else at 170 that would have ended the fight and when was the last time you saw GSP pressing ice against his head at the post fight presser?

I bagged on him hard after the Diaz fight, but that little fucker came to bang tonight.  

Props.

Very this

11/18/12 9:35 PM
the geek

CoolnDeadly - Condit was too scared of the takedown. He fought scared.

Should he have not been scared of the takedown?

11/20/12 1:59 AM
Wasa-B
307 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

Props.

But Condit did try kicks like that during the Diaz fight too, didnt he? He just didnt land any.
11/20/12 2:42 AM
SamboSlim187

The kick was impressive. Aside from that, he basically did enough to survive. That was my take away. You may see it differently because you're butt-hurt though. Phone Post
11/20/12 2:53 AM
chaplinshouse
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe in the top 3 sneaky kicks i've ever seen, but outside of that i agree with the 50-45's.  the best man dominated and old blood has brought new life to ww.  all were happy and all rejoiced

11/20/12 5:14 AM
SOO72

He brought the fight against GSP as well as could have been expected.
11/20/12 7:12 AM
sitchpack

Condit didnt really do that well. Outside of that kick id say Kos did.a.better job in his first outing against GSP. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:55 AM
the geek

SamboSlim187 - The kick was impressive. Aside from that, he basically did enough to survive. That was my take away. You may see it differently because you're butt-hurt though. Phone Post
Sure my Butt hurts but that for completely different reasons.

I'm a huge GSP fan but there's nothing wrong with giving some credit to his opponent. Phone Post
11/20/12 10:17 AM
jimbonice

the geek - GSP vs Hendriks would be an awesome scrap.
Think GSP vs Matt Hughes.
Hendricks will have a bad case of mat rash. Phone Post
11/20/12 8:17 PM
the geek

jimbonice -
the geek - GSP vs Hendriks would be an awesome scrap.
Think GSP vs Matt Hughes.
Hendricks will have a bad case of mat rash. Phone Post
True aside from the fact that Hughes never had 1 punch KO power. That does throw a whole new dynamic.

I would think more like GSP vs Alves. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:23 PM
the geek

Read this if youre stupid - Can this be? a positive thread??? :D

It's what I do mang!

11/20/12 9:41 PM
the geek

Read this if youre stupid - 
the geek - 
Read this if youre stupid - Can this be? a positive thread??? :D

It's what I do mang!

Nice! XD... Im all about positive threads as well broseph. Vu my friend. You sir...are appreciated. :)

Thanks homeslice, I've seen some amazing things come from this place, it gets a bad rap, a lot of people say it's negative but I think a lot of forums are. I try to do my part to highlight the positive.

Cheers
11/20/12 9:45 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he fought like a champ
11/20/12 9:50 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoolnDeadly - Condit was too scared of the takedown. He fought scared.

no, he didnt fight scared
he didnt have an answer for it and gsp is the best at that aspect of the game so what do you expect him to do?
no grappling against diaz or GSP....this is what is keeping him and people like diaz away from the belt.
11/20/12 9:57 PM
the geek

pidgey -  who do you think won the stand up part if the fight? Id say Condit, after he got dropped GSP didnt want any part of Carlos striking and went for the take down as soon as he could. Phone Post

Good question, to be honest I think I'd have to re-watch the fight but I'd have to give the edge to GSP. I remember him landing some big shots, I remember Condit going for a flying knee and GSP connecting with an overhand right.

Here's a few gifs of both:

Again, I'l have to rewatch as it the stand up striking was close.

Cheers

11/20/12 9:58 PM
pennviachoke
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that was a great fight! Thx for the gifs!! Phone Post
11/20/12 10:02 PM
the geek

pennviachoke -  Man that was a great fight! Thx for the gifs!! Phone Post

No prob bro.

The next fight to get me as excited is Penn vs Rory.
11/20/12 11:51 PM
MasterofMartialArts
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. Condit is a warrior, and fought his fucking heart out. Dude has an iron will and perseverance. One of the greatest moments in MMA history for me, after the first round when Carlos was covered in blood, putting his hands up and asking for more, nodding his head like a mad man. That, is the definition of a fighter. Great moment. Phone Post
11/21/12 12:07 AM
pennviachoke
1139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
pennviachoke -  Man that was a great fight! Thx for the gifs!! Phone Post

No prob bro.

The next fight to get me as excited is Penn vs Rory.
No doubt!! Phone Post
11/21/12 12:23 AM
MasterofMartialArts
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP definitely edged out the striking IMO, his strikes were more accurate, his footwork and movement better. He was more confident and crisp than Condit. He was able to avoid a lot of strikes, the kick not being one of them obviously. He looked great, and used his strikes to set up takedowns on multiple occasions beautifully, his jab was on point and he landed some overhand rights. I thought he used level changes very well, and kept Carlos thinking about more than one thing because he was mixing it up so well. Rarely do you see that in MMA. I don't know the exact numbers on the fight, but it seemed to me he outstruck Condit clearly. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.