UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Really impressed by Condit.

11/21/12 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -  GSP definitely edged out the striking IMO, his strikes were more accurate, his footwork and movement better. He was more confident and crisp than Condit. He was able to avoid a lot of strikes, the kick not being one of them obviously. He looked great, and used his strikes to set up takedowns on multiple occasions beautifully, his jab was on point and he landed some overhand rights. I thought he used level changes very well, and kept Carlos thinking about more than one thing because he was mixing it up so well. Rarely do you see that in MMA. I don't know the exact numbers on the fight, but it seemed to me he outstruck Condit clearly. Phone Post

Great post, you really detailed what makes GSP so good by being good at so many diff things, major and minor. And that's not even counting his actual tds, transitions to the ground and then the ground (which the Gracie breakdown covered quite well).

I just wish, as in previous fights like Kos and Jake, he would have been more aggressive with the right hands and power shots. Im not sure if Firas was referring to standing or GNP or both but in between one of the rounds, he said to hit Condit in the head more (which of course lays more proof to Tristar not wanting to do any damage, ha). Im not blaming GSP for going for the td when he opened Condit up for it, he does that better than anyone in the game but i wish he could have softened Condit up just a bit more before getting them.

On the ground, I think GSP did do all he could and so did Condit, it was really good ground battle which was probably lost on most sadly but GSP gave it his all imo as he said (and so did Condit).
11/21/12 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
pidgey -  who do you think won the stand up part if the fight? Id say Condit, after he got dropped GSP didnt want any part of Carlos striking and went for the take down as soon as he could. Phone Post

Good question, to be honest I think I'd have to re-watch the fight but I'd have to give the edge to GSP. I remember him landing some big shots, I remember Condit going for a flying knee and GSP connecting with an overhand right.

Here's a few gifs of both:

Again, I'l have to rewatch as it the stand up striking was close.

Cheers

Great gifs!

Love that superman punch/kick combo - so smooth.

Just noticed off the Condit kick that GSP doesnt comletely collapse down, he stumbles.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.