UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny Hendricks VS Nick Diaz - Opinions?

11/18/12 12:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you guys think of this match up?

We could use it as a #1 contender fight, and to break Diaz back in after that serious lay off.

Two great WW fighters, both who are known for their hands.

Thoughts? Phone Post
11/18/12 1:01 AM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Diaz fan, but after watching Hendricks just drop Kampman, I'd be worried the way nick's style leaves his chin open to big shots, i mean his chin is good, but Hendricks hits fucking hard, i think he could submit him though, it'd be a good fight

11/18/12 1:02 AM
Trick or Truth
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tbh, I would rather see them just give Hendricks the shot. I mean he has 5 in a row, waldburger, pierce, fitch, koscheck and Kampmann. Whereas Diaz is coming off of a suspension and a loss. Just doesn't make sense to me.

11/18/12 1:03 AM
BzGrappla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look GSP cant see Diaz inthe standing game.

But diaz would be bad against wrestlers. Think guys Its about matchups.
11/18/12 1:04 AM
RandyDarsh
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Intradasting......

very intradasting, Diaz  in a 5 rounder, hendrix in a 3 rounder by decision

11/18/12 1:06 AM
Mr Sponge
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP fights Silva they need to make this fight. Nick finishes Hendrix. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:06 AM
Ironclad

I love watching Diaz as much as the next guy but it won't be near as enjoyable to see Diaz spend 4:59 on his back every round.

Nick Diaz is about as exciting a fighter there is but people need a reality check when it comes to him versus elite wrestlers.
11/18/12 1:09 AM
mmamonstar

I'd definitely pay to watch it Phone Post
11/18/12 1:09 AM
caseharts
505 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks my ko Phone Post
11/18/12 1:11 AM
LayzieTheSavage
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer

Johny said he has no desire to fight Nick, and would rather wait up to 10 months for a title shot. 

Wise choice, in my opinion. 

11/18/12 1:27 AM
MachidasStraightLeft
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LayzieTheSavage - 

Johny said he has no desire to fight Nick, and would rather wait up to 10 months for a title shot. 

Oh come on. I'm not saying Hendricks would beat Diaz, but it would be an extremely competitive fight.

Hendricks is a stylistic nightmare for Diaz. Paul Daley had Nick in big, big trouble and I think we can all agree after tonight that Hendricks definitely has more power than Daley.

That being said, I think Diaz is a better striker and submission artist, but he tends to get tagged a lot in his fights and I don't know if he can afford to do that against Hendricks.

There's also the fact that Hendricks is a 4 time All-American, and Diaz has been outwrestled by far less accomplished wrestlers than Hendricks.

11/18/12 1:31 AM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MachidasStraightLeft -
LayzieTheSavage - 

Oh come on. I'm not saying Hendricks would beat Diaz, but it would be an extremely competitive fight.

Hendricks is a stylistic nightmare for Diaz. Paul Daley had Nick in big, big trouble and I think we can all agree after tonight that Hendricks definitely has more power than Daley.

That being said, I think Diaz is a better striker and submission artist, but he tends to get tagged a lot in his fights and I don't know if he can afford to do that against Hendricks.

There's also the fact that Hendricks is a 4 time All-American, and Diaz has been outwrestled by far less accomplished wrestlers than Hendricks.

This.

I feel if a title shot for Hendricks is out of the question, Diaz would be the fireworks we need. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:35 AM
Winston Wolf
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

logical fight
11/18/12 1:35 AM
Tubarao

i have seen the Diaz bro's pick apart so many really good strikers that I have to with Nick in this one.... Phone Post
11/18/12 1:59 AM
Diazed And Confused

Tubarao - i have seen the Diaz bro's pick apart so many really good strikers that I have to with Nick in this one.... Phone Post
Plus they also have the Grappling dynamics that would possibly let us see a lot more of their games - something useful in getting an idea of how they'd fair against GSP Phone Post
11/18/12 2:00 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give Diaz Koscheck before we talk about giving him a #1 contender fight coming off a suspension and a loss
11/18/12 2:14 AM
Diazed And Confused

Pancake Syrup - Give Diaz Koscheck before we talk about giving him a #1 contender fight coming off a suspension and a loss
I am assuming we would be calling Hendricks the #1 right now Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.