UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Would GSP be able to take Hendricks down?

11/18/12 1:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be an intriquing fight just for this reason. Didn't they say that Hendricks was 56-0 or whatever in college wrestling?
11/18/12 1:07 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, GSP can take him down but the question is can he hold him down to do damage. I don't think he can.

If you watch the 2nd Koscheck fight GSP shot in a few times and Kos stuffed him or just scrambled back up easily.

11/18/12 1:08 AM
eru88
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They weren't trying to punch him in the face in college. I say GSP can takedown whoever he wants.
11/18/12 1:08 AM
The Sultan
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually think johny's KO power would be a significant factor in that fight. Dangerous fight. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:09 AM
Pacinko
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP via rape imo
11/18/12 1:10 AM
ufc98newb
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos was able to take him down, so I'm guessing he could, but it'd be tough. Either way that fight is gonna spend a lot of time on the feet. Big question is whether GSP can keep Hendricks at range with his jab. Hendricks won't have the kicks to keep him honest, so I believe we would see something similar to GSP vs KOS

11/18/12 1:10 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Should be GSPs toughest fight to date, much tougher than Anderson who can't stop anyone from taking him down.
11/18/12 1:11 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ufc98newb - 

Kos was able to take him down, so I'm guessing he could, but it'd be tough. Either way that fight is gonna spend a lot of time on the feet. Big question is whether GSP can keep Hendricks at range with his jab. Hendricks won't have the kicks to keep him honest, so I believe we would see something similar to GSP vs KOS

Kos is able to takedown just about anyone in the WW division. He took GSP for a ride in their 1st fight as well.
11/18/12 1:11 AM
Bry Bry

GSP will take less damage when he fights hendricks as compared to the Condit fight..with hendricks u only have to worry about his hands..and yes GSP will take Hendricks down...
11/18/12 1:12 AM
Sliss_77
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For KO power being an advantage, people said the same thing for the Alves fight (who was murdering people at the time) and we all saw what happened. Hendricks has a good as shot as anybody though, it only takes once solid shot to throw somebody off their game, even GSP.

11/18/12 1:13 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Yes but not easily. The ko power would be an equalizer IMO. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:15 AM
cyberc92

Sliss_77 - 

For KO power being an advantage, people said the same thing for the Alves fight (who was murdering people at the time) and we all saw what happened. Hendricks has a good as shot as anybody though, it only takes once solid shot to throw somebody off their game, even GSP.

Alves has good boxing but his kicking game open up his hands. Alves didn't use his kicks because he was afraid of the takedown against GSP which caused him to be a sitting duck that fight.

Hendricks throws bungalows and isn't much of a kicker so they are different in that regard.
11/18/12 1:21 AM
FullyLoadedFists

Hendricks was outwrestled by Rick Story... Phone Post
11/18/12 1:21 AM
XxLiveBaitxX
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is a punching wrestler.
GSP is a punching/kicking wrestler.

11/18/12 1:22 AM
Elyrain
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The real question is can gsp slip a Hendricks bungalow thrown from out of normal range. Kampman and Fitch couldn't. Phone Post
11/18/12 1:22 AM
FreakDaddy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/18/12 1:28 AM
I think GSP will have to be on his bike for a round or two, while trying to steal the rounds with takedowns, which I think he would get.....I think Hendricks may start to gas out after this and he will be GSP's plaything if he does......But, he could KO for sure if he catches him early.......I would pick GSP, but would not lay any money on this one....
11/18/12 1:23 AM
Bry Bry

^yeah but Hendricks has 1 punch KO power and GSP doesnt..plus we all know GSps chin isnt made of iron either so..
11/18/12 1:26 AM
orcus

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Should be GSPs toughest fight to date, much tougher than Anderson who can't stop anyone from taking him down.

Except Chael and Henderson

11/18/12 1:31 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FullyLoadedFists -  Hendricks was outwrestled by Rick Story... Phone Post

And look what he did since beat Fitch in 12 seconds. Beat KOSCHECK who is a much better wrestler than Story and just KO Kampmann
11/18/12 1:33 AM
Tubarao

yes Phone Post
11/18/12 1:44 AM
FreakDaddy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - ^yeah but Hendricks has 1 punch KO power and GSP doesnt..plus we all know GSps chin isnt made of iron either so..

I said he could KO him if he caught him, so I am not sure why you are saying this....I also said I lean to GSP, but would not lay money on it meaning I would not be in shock if he got tagged.....So I am not sure what u are trying to tell me.....Not being a dick here at all.....I think we are saying the same thing......That he could potentially KO him.....
11/18/12 2:00 AM
FullyLoadedFists

Pancake Syrup -
FullyLoadedFists -  Hendricks was outwrestled by Rick Story... Phone Post

And look what he did since beat Fitch in 12 seconds. Beat KOSCHECK who is a much better wrestler than Story and just KO Kampmann
9/10 times GSP easily beats and dominates Hendricks.

GSP has a significant advantage in everything other than raw ko power.

GSP via sub or decision when this fight happens. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:08 AM
Eisenberg
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP can take Hendricks down but he doesnt really need too. He will outstrike him all day while Big Rig swings haymakers at air.
11/18/12 6:42 AM
figure four

He's a lefty...so it may be a few rounds before GSP engages...
11/18/12 8:16 AM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks was not 56-0 on college. He finished 2nd in NCAAs ad a senior. He lost in te finals to mark Perry from Iowa. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.