UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why Do Hipsters Say All Ground Game Is Exciting...

11/18/12 1:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I ask myself this question all the time.

I just don't understand why the MMA hipsters are so quick to announce that they loved a fight in which one fighter literally lays in half guard or full guard for the entire fucking round. I get it when there is some interesting scrambling and position battles, but when there is really no attempt to pass and no attempt for fight-ending damage, then it just doesn't do it for me.

I guess I'm just too fucking stupid to understand the incredibly sophisticated nuances of laying in half guard or full guard.
11/18/12 1:22 AM
MMAjustice

Why Do Real MMA Fans Say All Ground Game Is Exciting...

There...I fixed your thread title.
11/18/12 1:23 AM
vincan469
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first step is accepting your short comings.
11/18/12 1:24 AM
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The people who dont like the ground game can go watch K1 and fuck off
11/18/12 1:24 AM
spliff
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/18/12 1:25 AM
eru88
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or maybe you should go watch kickboxing. I love MMA
Pessimist_Pete

MMAjustice - Why Do Real MMA Fans Say All Ground Game Is Exciting...

There...I fixed your thread title.

And the first MMA Hipster appears. Please explain why enjoying watching someone lay in half guard makes you a "real fan."
MMAjustice

The 12ers in this thread so far.... eek
11/18/12 1:26 AM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are elitist. There are people on here who defend Askren and Fitch for their fights.

I love guys who use the ground to work for submission like George Sots or dropped vicious gnp like Rory Macdonald.
UGCTT_xxzygotexx
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That gif! Is awesome! Phone Post
Pessimist_Pete

Go ahead and vote me down fuckers. It won't erase the truthful statements in my original post. You can't handle the truth hipsters.
11/18/12 1:27 AM
Wasa-B
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyberc92 - They are elitist. There are people on here who defend Askren and Fitch for their fights.

I love guys who use the ground to work for submission like George Sots or dropped vicious gnp like Rory Macdonald.

Thats like saying kickboxing fans who like kicks are elitist.
11/18/12 1:28 AM
Pessimist_Pete

eru88 - Or maybe you should go watch kickboxing. I love MMA

Why? I love a good ground game. You obviously lack reading comprehension skills.
11/18/12 1:29 AM
Pessimist_Pete

Edited: 11/18/12 1:29 AM
<blockquote>Wasa-B - <blockquote>cyberc92 - They are elitist. There are people on here who defend Askren and Fitch for their fights. <br /><br />I love guys who use the ground to work for submission like George Sots or dropped vicious gnp like Rory Macdonald.</blockquote><br />Thats like saying kickboxing fans who like kicks are elitist.</blockquote><br /> More like saying kickboxing fans who like a fight where they only clinch are elitist
11/18/12 1:31 AM
jaytrainwreck
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Troll thread Phone Post
11/18/12 1:31 AM
Benwahwah_Knows_MMA
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pessimist_Pete - I ask myself this question all the time.

I just don't understand why the MMA hipsters are so quick to announce that they loved a fight in which one fighter literally lays in half guard or full guard for the entire fucking round. I get it when there is some interesting scrambling and position battles, but when there is really no attempt to pass and no attempt for fight-ending damage, then it just doesn't do it for me.

I guess I'm just too fucking stupid to understand the incredibly sophisticated nuances of laying in half guard or full guard.

In other words:

"Why is the Royce/Shamrock Iron Man match that good?  I can lay around all day AND keep my K/D at 4.0!"

11/18/12 1:32 AM
White Buffalo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should meet in the middle of the ring and bang...I know this stuff, I trane ufc Phone Post
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
cyberc92 - They are elitist. There are people on here who defend Askren and Fitch for their fights.

Wrestling is a transitional art in which you utilize it to keep the fighting standing so that you can finish with your stand up or take someone down and finish with subs/gnp. I like hte ground game but hate it when wrestling is used to maintain top position for the duration of a fight especially when the fighter doing it has the skill set and abilities to end the fight but rather play it safe.
cyberc92

Wasa-B - 

Wrestling is a transitional art in which you utilize it to keep the fighting standing so that you can finish with your stand up or take someone down and finish with subs/gnp. I like hte ground game but hate it when wrestling is used to maintain top position for the duration of a fight especially when the fighter doing it has the skill set and abilities to end the fight but rather play it safe.
11/18/12 1:33 AM
Trick or Truth
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obvious bait is obvious.

11/18/12 1:39 AM
Turbogoat

Better question why is op crying?
11/20/12 2:04 AM
Wasa-B

cyberc92 - 
Wasa-B - 

If they're "elitis," to expect all to have the sub game of a Sots or GNP like Rory is also naive.

Grinding is a part of ever sport. Not all football teams are passing teams, running the ball is quite common ive heard.

Wrestling is also not just transitional, its control. Control on the ground is major element. Fitch does try to pass as well. He's not a passing machine but its not like he doesnt try at all. And there is nothing "elitist" about "defending" Fitch. There is nothing to "defend." He is a top MMA figher because he "wins."

There are top athletes or teams in every sport that arent flashy or too dynamic but have a boring but sound fundamental game.
11/20/12 2:05 AM
The Cooler

Dear Internet:

Why do people like things I dislike?

Thanks,
PP
11/20/12 5:33 AM
Smellde Gluve
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stalemate on the ground is more boring than stalemate on the feet but only slightly, in my unhumble opinion.

Fighters looking to finish are my favorites all day.
11/20/12 12:30 PM
bhealthy

to get alpha males all riled up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.