UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP rambling nervously...(post fight presser)

11/18/12 2:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustPeed
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheAssMurderer -

I believe Silva would quite possibly give GSP a career changing ass beating. It's not worth it IMO. The more sensible "super" fight would be AS / Jones IMHO.

This.

Worst thing, is GSP/Silva happens Jones/Silva is probably never to happen. Phone Post
11/18/12 2:33 AM
gusto
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wouldnt take the fight if i was gsp
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pj_benn - 
doubleRistretto - GSP was around ~185lbs for this fight, as he apparently didn't get any heavier than 188lbs during this camp.

Silva is easily 205lbs come fight time, that's 20lbs. Fuck that. Why should GSP move up in weight when Silva is challenging him? Silva should move down.
Bs propaganda from gsps camp. Didn't you hear Joe and mike drooling over how much more muscular/bigger gsp was tonight because if his new strength n conditioning program? Phone Post

Or could it be propaganda by the UFC to say georges looked so huge to make that fight seem more fair? Well I like both guys and I don't think it's a good fight for Georges so I hope it doesn't happen, but of course if it does I'd watch it.
gusto

it doesnt make financial sense, gsp could win
11/18/12 2:35 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forget GSP/Silva. Everyone wants to see Silva/Jones but Silva wants none of it and Dana knows it.
11/18/12 2:40 AM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh here we go with the weight questions, again.
Give it a rest, it's been argued to death on the UG.
11/18/12 2:51 AM
MMALOGIC

Vitor29 - 
MMALOGIC -

GSP didnt have any problems with beating on a smaller BJ Penn.  it's time to get yours GSP.  Anderson is even willing to split the difference and meet at 177... tiime to nut up and take your beating.

BJ Penn was 166-168 in the cage.  GSP was 185-190.

This is bullshit logic. Penn made the choice to enter the 170 division, GSP didn't go searching for a fight with a guy fighting in a lower division. You act like GSP was some big bad bully picking a fight with poor little BJ when this is complete horseshit. I'd say it's time to get over BJ losing to GSP, let it go for the sake of your own happiness. Phone Post

but GSP's argument is not that Anderson is a bully calling him out therfore the fight shouldnt happen.... GSP's argument is that the fight shouldnt happen because of weight difference during the night of the fight.  Im pointing out the weight difference would be the same as when he fought BJ Penn.

im not saying GSP was a bully outside of the cage like Anderson trying to force a fight.  Im saying GSP gladly took the fight where the size/weight dynamic is the same as the one he now has a problem with.  Moreover, Anderson is even willing to meet him in the middle.

how can anyone argue that a catchweight down the middle isnt fair between 2 champs in divisions next to each other?

People are complaining not because it isnt fair but because they dont want to see GSP get his ass kicked.  or that they dont like the fact that anderson is pushing for it. ..  .neither of which should matter.

11/18/12 3:18 AM
westside
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easedel - Need to just stop with the super fights period.
Agreed. For fuck sakes there are divisions.and weight classes for a reason.

IMO GSP should not fight Anderson. He should defend his belt 10 more times and then peace out. Phone Post
11/18/12 3:36 AM
CharlesLewis
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have ZERO desire to see guys fight out of their weight class.

11/18/12 5:18 AM
falkofire
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wu Massacre - Is it such an outlandish idea that they could just weight in right before they enter the cage

Why the hell not

(also - not necessarily to determine if the fight happens or not (though I think it would be a valid consideration) - but just to see. for shits and giggles basically.

Cuz wtf do u Do when buddy weighs 180 and his opponent weighs 205 and holds him down for 15 minutes ? Phone Post
11/18/12 6:48 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thefaint -
MMALOGIC - 

GSP didnt have any problems with beating on a smaller BJ Penn.  it's time to get yours GSP.  Anderson is even willing to split the difference and meet at 177... tiime to nut up and take your beating.

Penn was a former welterweight champ with two wins over the guy who gave GSP one of his two losses and has fought as high as 205
Exactly and BJ wanted the WW Title. Phone Post
11/18/12 7:09 AM
Whambo
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somehow I doubt GSP weighs only 185 in the cage, and I highly doubt he wouldn't pack on another 5lbs or so of muscle for an Anderson fight...
11/18/12 7:18 AM
brahmabull81
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This fight is not good for Georges. Think about it. Almost all his opponents have been much larger than him at WW in recent years (guys like condit and hardy who dwarf him in height & guys like alves who probably walk around at measurably heavier weight) so hes not even really a "big" welterweight anymore..... beeeep i know Phone Post
11/18/12 8:46 AM
Chimonos Revenge
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

Except that fight was pushed by bj not by gsp.

Bj hounded gsp for that fight Phone Post
11/18/12 9:23 AM
kinson

JustPeed - Says he's been hit in the head a lot tonight and must focus on cobdit

(Someone should tell GSP he already beat him)

GSP doesn't want the Silva fight.
If course Silva does.
Hendricks is a huge threat for GSP for the WW title. Phone Post
That's actually a good point. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:36 AM
rufus

Damn, the Canadians sound terrified for GSP. LOL! Phone Post
11/18/12 9:39 AM
Radio Raheem
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/18/12 9:42 AM
CharlesLewis -

I have ZERO desire to see guys fight out of their weight class.

This.

11/18/12 9:49 AM
Entreri

rufus -  Damn, the Canadians sound terrified for GSP. LOL! Phone Post

LOL. Actually no.

After the way GSP took down Condit and seeing his bottom game, at catch weight this will be a competitive fight.

At 170, GSP would completely dominate Silva, GSP would be on top of him 99% of the time and Silva would never be able to get up.

However, if I was GSP, I would ask for a year to prepare for for Silva.

If Silva/Dana keeps pestering, GSP should say, let Silva come down to 170, then we will fight.
11/18/12 9:51 AM
Entreri

Chimonos Revenge - 
MMALOGIC -

Except that fight was pushed by bj not by gsp.

Bj hounded gsp for that fight Phone Post

QFT.

The butthurt Penn fanboys at again.
11/18/12 9:55 AM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

What?

It was BJ who wanted that fight. Also, BJ has fought much heavier and was a former WW champ.

Silva is a way bigger man. If he wants te fight he should just cut to 170 seeing as he used to fight there anyway. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:57 AM
Vitor29

MMALOGIC -
Vitor29 - 
MMALOGIC -

This is bullshit logic. Penn made the choice to enter the 170 division, GSP didn't go searching for a fight with a guy fighting in a lower division. You act like GSP was some big bad bully picking a fight with poor little BJ when this is complete horseshit. I'd say it's time to get over BJ losing to GSP, let it go for the sake of your own happiness. Phone Post

but GSP's argument is not that Anderson is a bully calling him out therfore the fight shouldnt happen.... GSP's argument is that the fight shouldnt happen because of weight difference during the night of the fight.  Im pointing out the weight difference would be the same as when he fought BJ Penn.

im not saying GSP was a bully outside of the cage like Anderson trying to force a fight.  Im saying GSP gladly took the fight where the size/weight dynamic is the same as the one he now has a problem with.  Moreover, Anderson is even willing to meet him in the middle.

how can anyone argue that a catchweight down the middle isnt fair between 2 champs in divisions next to each other?

People are complaining not because it isnt fair but because they dont want to see GSP get his ass kicked.  or that they dont like the fact that anderson is pushing for it. ..  .neither of which should matter.

He took the fight because BJ ENTERED THE DIVISION! If Silva went to 170 then they would have to fight, it would happen, so the onus is on silva if he wants the fight. There is no comparing the situations. BJ went to the WW division by choice to fight GSP, he wasn't called out, he was another contender in that weight class. Silva is calling GSP out but is unwilling to enter the WW division. HUGE difference. Phone Post
11/18/12 11:49 AM
Calavaro
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The one calling out another fighter in another weight class must enter the weight class of the person he calls out.

In this case SIlva wants a fight with GSP, so SIlva must enter the WW division.

If GSP calls Silva out, GSP must enter the MW division.

Simple as that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.