UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was that the best GSP you have seen?

11/18/12 9:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP was very aggressive, which was great to see.

Condit had put on a lot of muscle and I was surprised at the ease at which GSP held him down and worked his GnP and sub attempts.

Condit had nearly a year to prepare for GSP's take downs and the improve his bottom game. GSP was just rehabbing for most of that time.

GSP's top game is even better than I thought it was. If GSP had the size, he would UD Silva even at MW.

11/18/12 9:24 AM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DEZBOT - Fitch Gsp was the best version Phone Post
Phone Post
11/18/12 10:06 AM
Smith1234
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What amazes me most about GSP is that he is one of the best old school guys to keep his run going.

When he worked his way up, he was beating top talent like Penn (showed major heart in that first fight. He clearly won but there were so many BJ fans who couldnt take it, and GSPs face was a mess after that one as well). When he beat Trigg it was huge how he waltzed through him. Trigg had called him a B (or C) level fighter.

When he beat Matt the first time that was the best I had seen. His standup was so creative and evolved in many fights, and that was the culmination. He was killing Matt on the feet. I daresay his superman punch KO (saved by the bell) was Anderson esque, it was just ridiculous. Then the kick that essentially finished it was so well set up.

It used to be easier to get a title shot. Even recently I saw a thread lamenting that Karo got hurt and didnt get his shot, which was totally undeserved. GSP earned that second fight big time.

The GSP contender run was the first great prolonged contender run I saw in MMA, personally. He was often an underdog and was crushing too talent. The reason he got on his knees to beg Dana for the shot was he practically had to after he cleaned out much of the division with no shot, when he could have been given multiple shots.

He was incredible against Hughes in the first fight he won. He also was great in the second win, but for me the run capped by beating Matt was one of the biggest things in MMA and was GSP at his best.

The fact he is still beating a whole new crop of talented contenders, where others have not, is amazing too. Phone Post
11/18/12 10:33 AM
FreightTrain

I like the Hughes/Sherk era.
11/18/12 10:37 AM
WatchinMMA

Smith1234 - What amazes me most about GSP is that he is one of the best old school guys to keep his run going.

When he worked his way up, he was beating top talent like Penn (showed major heart in that first fight. He clearly won but there were so many BJ fans who couldnt take it, and GSPs face was a mess after that one as well). When he beat Trigg it was huge how he waltzed through him. Trigg had called him a B (or C) level fighter.

When he beat Matt the first time that was the best I had seen. His standup was so creative and evolved in many fights, and that was the culmination. He was killing Matt on the feet. I daresay his superman punch KO (saved by the bell) was Anderson esque, it was just ridiculous. Then the kick that essentially finished it was so well set up.

It used to be easier to get a title shot. Even recently I saw a thread lamenting that Karo got hurt and didnt get his shot, which was totally undeserved. GSP earned that second fight big time.

The GSP contender run was the first great prolonged contender run I saw in MMA, personally. He was often an underdog and was crushing too talent. The reason he got on his knees to beg Dana for the shot was he practically had to after he cleaned out much of the division with no shot, when he could have been given multiple shots.

He was incredible against Hughes in the first fight he won. He also was great in the second win, but for me the run capped by beating Matt was one of the biggest things in MMA and was GSP at his best.

The fact he is still beating a whole new crop of talented contenders, where others have not, is amazing too. Phone Post
I was watching the fights with my dad and he said the exact same thing. GSP is one of the few champions left from the old guard. Most have come and gone but gsp kept improving Phone Post
11/18/12 10:41 AM
omlet de fromage

Well I don't think this was the "best" GSP but I think in his next fight we will be the best. Because of the ring rust factor. And it's too bad about the head kick because GSP was saying that something was wrong with his eye, and was wincing in-between rounds. Phone Post
Mr Sponge

He looked great lat night but you can tell he had a little ring rust. Cant wait to see him fight again. Phone Post
The_Spider
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Penn 2 was the best.
11/18/12 10:42 AM
rickson_basics
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was disappointed that Georges wasn't able to pass half guard. I guess that's a credit to Condit.

But it's apparent that GSP was trying to pass and from there, go for a finish. Good to see he was definitely trying to finish and wasn't settling for a decision. Phone Post
11/18/12 11:16 AM
IIAces

Best I've seen him in a long while. Stayed active the whole time and landed clean shots. Took a shot like a champ and didn't fold. Seems like it pissed him off actually. I was impressed for sure Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.