UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Caesar call his student a sissy n says he better

11/18/12 4:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Enemies
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cesar, baby. Now go back to working with second rate fighters.
11/18/12 4:38 PM
El Rafa
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fascinating thread. Both sides have legit points to be made.

Maybe I'm naive but if "the old way" was still in place we would not have our favourite sport, because loyalty to your team would not have allowed to learn a new discipline as that would mean you going somewhere else. One of my favourite elements of MMA is how Fighter A has a great fight with Fighter B and then decides to train with them in preparation for their (whichever fighter) next fight.

11/18/12 4:42 PM
Ian King
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caio Terra is not a sissy haha, he'd clean house on everyone in there. Except maybe Cesar. Maybe. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:18 PM
alkysmurf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of industry have non competition clauses in hiring contracts. I love how fiercely loyal the Caesar Gracie boys are. They are a family, I think that kind of loyalty is part of what makes them great. I can see helping a possible future opponent being nbd to some camps, but it obviously is for them. those feelings have always been clear, so in this particular issue I can see where Caesar is coming about feeling betrayed, and a good chance this was an intentional diss to the whole skrap pack, just judging by how this went down. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:24 PM
MickColins
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Caio didn't see this as a problem, he's slow. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:25 PM
devilishstoner
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's loyalty, and then there's being ridiculous.
11/18/12 9:27 PM
12SixElbow
623 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys do not seem to get that Terra is NOT a Cesar student.

Terra runs his own gym, and did not belt up from Cesar, etc...

His gym is an affiliate of Cesars... He didn't betray anybody lol.

11/18/12 9:32 PM
DiscipleDojo
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder

I prefer the Renzo approach of being willing to give and receive knowledge from everyone and not get caught up in drama.

11/18/12 10:25 PM
Koga

DiscipleDojo - 

I prefer the Renzo approach of being willing to give and receive knowledge from everyone and not get caught up in drama.

WTF? Have a look at anything Renzo said about BJ in the last 10 years. He even managed to somehow get into the drama of the last Sonnen/Silva fight even though he has nothing to do with either fighter.
11/18/12 10:37 PM
Enemies

AlchemyIronworks -  I do not understand at all what is going on. Can someone break it down for me? Phone Post

In mathematical terms...

Condit > Nick. Caio helping Condit > GSP. Cesar = QQ.
11/18/12 10:39 PM
Enemies

AlchemyIronworks -  I do not understand at all what is going on. Can someone break it down for me? Phone Post

In mathematical terms...

Condit > Nick. Caio helping Condit > GSP. Cesar = QQ.
11/18/12 11:08 PM
Brian Littlefield

Cesar is the black sheep of the Gracie family. He always seemed like a joke, this proves it for me. 

11/18/12 11:59 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

once cesar talked too much

and someone shut him up

11/19/12 12:02 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle -

and someone shut him up

Nice gif Phone Post
11/19/12 12:31 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know how this can be so vastly disagreed upon, when you bring in someone because their great at what they do its because you think it'll give your team a leg up on the competition.

In any other sport if they bring in a coach it's understood that he won't go consult on other teams. Would a hitting coach in the MLB consult with another team? Even if it was in another division it's still not ok.

You bring in a guy who's known as one of the best so your team and only your team can hopefully get an edge on all opponents, present AND future.
11/19/12 12:35 AM
heavyweightmma

ranier wolfcastle - 

and someone shut him up

I love this gif and I used my Vote up or otherwise I would've given it to you.

Nice to see that happen.
11/19/12 1:18 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
TheOne - I don't know how this can be so vastly disagreed upon, when you bring in someone because their great at what they do its because you think it'll give your team a leg up on the competition.

In any other sport if they bring in a coach it's understood that he won't go consult on other teams. Would a hitting coach in the MLB consult with another team? Even if it was in another division it's still not ok.

You bring in a guy who's known as one of the best so your team and only your team can hopefully get an edge on all opponents, present AND future.

What an absolutely horrible example.  Coaches transfer from team to team their entire career.  That would be like saying if a baseball coach signs with the Dodgers, he can never coach another team in MLB for the rest of his life.  That pretty much never happens.  And you know what stops a coach from going to another team?  Contracts.  If Cesar/ BJJ gyms/ MMA gyms, etc.. want to be like the big sports such as your example, then start paying these coaches like the other sports and sign them to multiple year contracts. 

You must have misread mine, I said "while they were with a team they couldn't consult with another" to my knowledge until Cesar tweeted their partnership/affiliation/what-have-you was still intact. Go have your Dodgers coach go and help out the another Team or player, and how would that fare.

True contracts would make it cut and dry. But right now the standard practice is based on word and loyalty.
11/19/12 1:23 AM
mofomike
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Caesar really can't keep his house in order. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:02 AM
macciek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljXZHxts9s
11/19/12 4:31 AM
GutturalReef
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAFAN167 - 
12SixElbow -

Terra isn't a student of his correct?

He has his own gym, his own accomplishments and didn't get his BB from Cesar.

He is just an affilate school? I think Terra's resume speaks for itself.

• World Black Belt Champion (2008);
  • 5x World No Gi Champion (2009, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)
  • American Nationals Champion – No Gi (2012 absolute)
  • 4x Mundials Silver Medallist (World Championships – 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005 blue belt)
  • Pan American Gold Medal (2011)
  • Pan American Silver Medal (2010)
  • No Gi World Championship Silver Medal (2008)
THIS Phone Post

"This" didn't happen until after Cesar brought Caio to the States.
11/19/12 4:47 AM
Ray Cappa

cesar gracie and his type are dinosaurs soon to be extinct.
11/19/12 9:17 AM
danggook
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brian Littlefield -

Cesar is the black sheep of the Gracie family. He always seemed like a joke, this proves it for me. 

He carries a huge chip on his shoulder to compensate for the fact that he's not a real Gracie Phone Post
11/19/12 9:51 AM
John Nic

Edited: 11/19/12 9:51 AM
caio terra is the man

ceaser gracie reminds me of this rich friend I have who constantly spends money on food, alcohol, parties for his friends only to use it against them when he doesn't get what he wants.
11/19/12 10:03 AM
JamieHill

Cesar aughta watch his mouth. Frank shamrock put him down in less than half a minute. lol.
11/19/12 10:11 AM
NoGiGoGoGaGa

Caesar ,Ralph ,Terrell, Diaz, Sheilds, Castillo, Melendez...their all real big on loyalty, it's well known. MMA tends to be very incestuous. The tradition of loyalty may be antiquated for most people.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.