11/20/12 12:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thirteen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GutturalReef - 
MMAFAN167 - 
12SixElbow -

Terra isn't a student of his correct?

He has his own gym, his own accomplishments and didn't get his BB from Cesar.

He is just an affilate school? I think Terra's resume speaks for itself.

• World Black Belt Champion (2008);
  • 5x World No Gi Champion (2009, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)
  • American Nationals Champion – No Gi (2012 absolute)
  • 4x Mundials Silver Medallist (World Championships – 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005 blue belt)
  • Pan American Gold Medal (2011)
  • Pan American Silver Medal (2010)
  • No Gi World Championship Silver Medal (2008)
THIS Phone Post

"This" didn't happen until after Cesar brought Caio to the States.

It's not like Caio was some poor unkown flavela kid and then Cesar discovered him and flew him him to the US.. Caio was already a champion, already a black belt, and had plenty of money to go move himself wherever he pleased. He decided to move to the US to compete more often and Cesar employed him.
11/20/12 12:40 AM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cesar's camp has been known to be one of the most loyal tight knit camps out there.  seems an obvious code over there u don't fuck around, this aint Jackson's

11/20/12 12:43 AM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

OK. Serious ??? How come it's OK for Jake Shields to train at AKA?
11/20/12 12:44 AM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take me back! Please! You want I should penetration?

Look at Cesar's face.  Like Tony Soprano when he realized he's gotta kill big pussy

11/20/12 12:46 AM
chaplinshouse

GSP'eedInMyMouth - OK. Serious ??? How come it's OK for Jake Shields to train at AKA?

Condit is a mortal enemy. You don't help enemies with anything except getting down the stairs quicker what?

11/20/12 12:50 AM
GSP'eedInMyMouth

Yeah but him and Diaz may have to fight kos/fitch someday.
11/20/12 1:33 AM
evangelico

danggook - 
MickColins -
danggook -
Brian Littlefield -

Cesar is the black sheep of the Gracie family. He always seemed like a joke, this proves it for me. 

He carries a huge chip on his shoulder to compensate for the fact that he's not a real Gracie Phone Post
How is he not a real Gracie? His mom is a Gracie. Phone Post
Generally speaking children take their fathers name Phone Post

that is not true in most of this hemisphere.
in brazil, children take their mother's last name (the one from her dad) followed by their father's last name
11/20/12 1:44 AM
John 1

How is this any different than an American soldier training terrorists or an American scientist helping Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Would you accept someone like that back?
11/20/12 1:56 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cesar isn't a fan of greg jackson and especially not ok with one of his guys helping out carlos condit. i'm a fan of caio terra's but what he did was disrespectful to cesar as he knew cesar wasn't ok with him training a guy from a rival gym; especially a fighter who's in the same weight class as jake shields and nick diaz.

caio could give two fucks as he has his own gym and is doing well with seminars around the world.
11/20/12 2:34 AM
MickColins
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

danggook -
MickColins -
danggook -
Brian Littlefield -

Cesar is the black sheep of the Gracie family. He always seemed like a joke, this proves it for me. 

He carries a huge chip on his shoulder to compensate for the fact that he's not a real Gracie Phone Post
How is he not a real Gracie? His mom is a Gracie. Phone Post
Generally speaking children take their fathers name Phone Post
Not in certain parts of the world, mang. Phone Post
11/20/12 7:08 AM
Master Bater
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has it been mentioned at all in this thread or any other, that Kron is training Nate for his up coming fight with Benson...

as we all know Kron is the son of Rickson, who is the brother of Royce.... Benson is a Royce gracie Brown Belt..

is it ok for family, but not for non family members to do this??
11/20/12 8:34 AM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

how the hell does 'loyalty' come into play with these are all business relationships

Cesar employed Terra, Terra left for what he considered a better career opportunity

Strip Mall Martial arts nerds talking about 'loyalty' to their 'masters' is absolutely hilarious - um, dont you pay?

If these teams/coaches want loyalty they can open free schools and take in random street kids to house/feed/train, Monk - if the dude has you on direct deposit, you owe him no loyalty beyond the professional type if you are under a business contract you signed

suggesting customers or employees of a business owe loyalty to a service provided or employer = ROTFLMAO
11/20/12 10:31 AM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, if the kids are supposed to take the mother's last name, shouldn't all Helio's sons generally have different names? I.e. Rolls had a different mother than Rickson, than Royler etc.

It's also weird to say children take the mother's last name, which was her father's last name... shouldn't she have taken her mother's last name with that tradition? IDK, but at some point there apparently is a break with guys like Cesar, Roger, Kyra? taking the mother's name, but Helio's kids taking his name.

As far as Benson, I was under the impression he was belted by Crouch. Up until about a year or so, I thought John and the Lab were indeed under Royce, but since then it looks like it's morphed into "JCBJJ" http://jcbjj.com/affliate-schools/ http://www.mmalab.com/aboutus.html even the reference to "Gracie Jiu Jitsu" I thought is reserved for Rorion's line. Finally, http://www.roycegracie.tv/royce-gracie-jiu-jitsu-network.php looks like it's only Kendall Goo now here in AZ. Strange, more drama? ;)
11/20/12 4:22 PM
evangelico

krept - Well, if the kids are supposed to take the mother's last name, shouldn't all Helio's sons generally have different names? I.e. Rolls had a different mother than Rickson, than Royler etc.

It's also weird to say children take the mother's last name, which was her father's last name... shouldn't she have taken her mother's last name with that tradition? IDK, but at some point there apparently is a break with guys like Cesar, Roger, Kyra? taking the mother's name, but Helio's kids taking his name.

As far as Benson, I was under the impression he was belted by Crouch. Up until about a year or so, I thought John and the Lab were indeed under Royce, but since then it looks like it's morphed into "JCBJJ" http://jcbjj.com/affliate-schools/ http://www.mmalab.com/aboutus.html even the reference to "Gracie Jiu Jitsu" I thought is reserved for Rorion's line. Finally, http://www.roycegracie.tv/royce-gracie-jiu-jitsu-network.php looks like it's only Kendall Goo now here in AZ. Strange, more drama? ;)

I think in brazil they have 2 last names, they take both their mom and dad's. when they come to the US, folks usually drop their mom's last name and just use their dad's, following tradition here. but obviously using your mom's last name makes sense if your mom is a gracie and you do jiu jitsu

to say that the grandson of carlos gracie is not a "real" gracie because it is on his mom's side rather than his dad's seems week, and i doubt it is taken seriously in brazil

especially since custom is for kids to take both their parent's last names there.
11/20/12 4:49 PM
blacksamurai

GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE - how the hell does 'loyalty' come into play with these are all business relationships

Cesar employed Terra, Terra left for what he considered a better career opportunity

Strip Mall Martial arts nerds talking about 'loyalty' to their 'masters' is absolutely hilarious - um, dont you pay?

If these teams/coaches want loyalty they can open free schools and take in random street kids to house/feed/train, Monk - if the dude has you on direct deposit, you owe him no loyalty beyond the professional type if you are under a business contract you signed

suggesting customers or employees of a business owe loyalty to a service provided or employer = ROTFLMAO
You gotta decent argument, but i never heard of any pro fighter under a annual contract on direct deposit. At my gym the fighters train in classes for free, and pay from the purse 10% maybe you're just referring to butt scooters, and weekend warriors, i think its different for this guy Caio Terra cause he is just a really really good butt scooter since he's training a fighter thats a problem. if he was teaching bjj classes at another school in the area without Ceasar's permission what would you say? Phone Post
11/20/12 5:36 PM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP'eedInMyMouth - OK. Serious ??? How come it's OK for Jake Shields to train at AKA?

Yep. Esp when you have Fitch, Swick, and at least at the time Kos as well who were in the welterweight division. Add in Thompson at LW and you have Jake then training at times w guys that can fight him, Nick, Nate, and Melendez at any point in time. Double standard to the extreme.
11/20/12 5:39 PM
BradGluckman
691 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how Caio would feel about Flavio or Samir  if they started to train with Bruno Malfacine while still training with him?

11/20/12 5:40 PM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - Well, if the kids are supposed to take the mother's last name, shouldn't all Helio's sons generally have different names? I.e. Rolls had a different mother than Rickson, than Royler etc.

Never just go by the affiliate page. Crouch could still be under Royce and get rank from him but NOT be part of the official affiliate network. I know of Royce black belts w schools who still get rank from him but are not listed on the affiliate page.
11/21/12 5:19 PM
Master Bater
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and Caio tells his side of the story..

http://www.bjjheroes.com/featured/caio-terra-interview

12/15/12 7:52 AM
chim55

hmmmm...so does an antiquated notion of loyalty pay the mortgage or put food on the table?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.