UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Amazing GSP

11/18/12 5:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Naheb
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is fantastic. I'm not going to go on about him being goat but he is bloody good

Over can ring rust
Had ring rust and fought the number 1 contender.

Didn't have a warm up fight

Dominated the number 1 contender.

Looked sharp for all 5 rounds

Had his chin tested and pulled through

Knocked down and still won the fight

Didn't bow down to Dana pressure

Managed a really good post fight interview after going 5 rounds with a guy like condit.

Pretty amazing fighter. Phone Post
11/18/12 5:52 AM
Frobenius
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, those shorts are TIGHT.
11/18/12 5:53 AM
Naheb
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius - Also, those shorts are TIGHT.
Yes, yes they were Phone Post
11/18/12 5:57 AM
FatBuddha
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ this
11/18/12 5:58 AM
FatBuddha
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn last 2 posts just got in the way of my "^this" lol
11/18/12 6:11 AM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did not dominate the #1 Contender. That was far from a domination. GSP leaned heavily on the wrestling while getting outstruck by Condit. Condit landed the more damage standing, the most damaging blows, and Condit landed an accumilation of leg kicks , knee kicks, head kicks, jabs, and significant strikes. When GSP would take Condit down, he would attempt to pass guard , but could not pass consistently. His GNP was strong, but in the end he still lacks finishing ability.

Condit controlled most of the fight from the bottom. I NEVER saw GSP LaYnPray in an MMA match until today, in the 3rd round. Of course, he just got rocked so he shot the takedown to take it off the feet and I don't look down on shooting a takedown and using a minute to recover -- if he did it the whole fight .... different story.

GSP is a top notch wrestler and great guard passer and GNP...

GSP is a good striker, he has good submission defense and decent submissions. GSP is not an elite striker in his weight class. GSP is not an Elite grappler either. Nick Diaz with his active guard has a good chance to catch GSP in a submission. Carlos was giving GSP fits.
11/18/12 6:13 AM
DEZBOT

He hot too Phone Post
11/18/12 6:49 AM
ShriBorg
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - He did not dominate the #1 Contender. That was far from a domination. GSP leaned heavily on the wrestling while getting outstruck by Condit. Condit landed the more damage standing, the most damaging blows, and Condit landed an accumilation of leg kicks , knee kicks, head kicks, jabs, and significant strikes. When GSP would take Condit down, he would attempt to pass guard , but could not pass consistently. His GNP was strong, but in the end he still lacks finishing ability.

Condit controlled most of the fight from the bottom. I NEVER saw GSP LaYnPray in an MMA match until today, in the 3rd round. Of course, he just got rocked so he shot the takedown to take it off the feet and I don't look down on shooting a takedown and using a minute to recover -- if he did it the whole fight .... different story.

GSP is a good striker, he has good submission defense and decent submissions. GSP is not an elite striker in his weight class. GSP is not an Elite grappler either. Nick Diaz with his active guard has a good chance to catch GSP in a submission. Carlos was giving GSP fits.

I don't even know where to begin to dissect you stupidity. GSP won, and righftully so, by the scores given (the other 2 judges could have given the 3rd to Condit) 4 rounds to 1 os fairly dominating really. Especially when rounds 1,2,4 and 5 we clear cut Georges. George won handily and there is NO question!

You say "GSP is a top notch wrestler" yet in the next line say he "is not an elite grappler. "
you may just be a little slow or something but gues what - wrestling is a major component of grappling. And yes GSP is an elite grappler. He has the best mma applied wresting out there. Carlos, who has a great bottom game never had GSP in any trouble on the ground. Fits? are you blind or delusional? Or just one of the dumb ones (likely answer)

Your dislike of GSP is obvious and you allowing it so skew subjective judgement is just plain weak.

GSP won!, Won obviously and handily. That's what he does at 170...

I really hate when dumb people drag down this forum and threads with bias and simple lack of knowledge.
11/18/12 6:56 AM
Naheb

ShriBorg -
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - He did not dominate the #1 Contender. That was far from a domination. GSP leaned heavily on the wrestling while getting outstruck by Condit. Condit landed the more damage standing, the most damaging blows, and Condit landed an accumilation of leg kicks , knee kicks, head kicks, jabs, and significant strikes. When GSP would take Condit down, he would attempt to pass guard , but could not pass consistently. His GNP was strong, but in the end he still lacks finishing ability.

I don't even know where to begin to dissect you stupidity. GSP won, and righftully so, by the scores given (the other 2 judges could have given the 3rd to Condit) 4 rounds to 1 os fairly dominating really. Especially when rounds 1,2,4 and 5 we clear cut Georges. George won handily and there is NO question!

You say "GSP is a top notch wrestler" yet in the next line say he "is not an elite grappler. "
you may just be a little slow or something but gues what - wrestling is a major component of grappling. And yes GSP is an elite grappler. He has the best mma applied wresting out there. Carlos, who has a great bottom game never had GSP in any trouble on the ground. Fits? are you blind or delusional? Or just one of the dumb ones (likely answer)

Your dislike of GSP is obvious and you allowing it so skew subjective judgement is just plain weak.

I really hate when dumb people drag down this forum and threads with bias and simple lack of knowledge.
I love Condit and he put on a great show really fought hard and if he had won a would have been happy.

Saying that GSP did dominate him. Not as easily as past opponents but after ring rust, bad knee and 18 months off to best Condit... Well mate that is the goods right there Phone Post
11/18/12 7:01 AM
Herrgh
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShriBorg -

Thanks for replying to this stupid post so I didn't have to. Yet I will anyway.

I concur with shriborg, but would like to add that you cannot be serious when you state that GSP was in fact coming back from a serious injury plus the lay off, and commend Condit for being a great fighter and threat to GSP. But conclude by saying that Georges couldn't finish him and therefore is less worthy of praise. Come on man, get real. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:36 AM
WidespreadPanic

For those not impressed by GSP's top game, bear in mind it is hella difficult to G&P on a guy who has a torso 5" longer than you. It's just hard to reach them from guard AND, it's pretty easy for them to sweep you.

11/18/12 10:20 AM
FreightTrain

GSP won despite taking a year off, being older and rehabilitating an injury.

Hes obviously a very good fighter but his fighting style doesnt evoke the same type of awe as does a Silva.

11/18/12 11:07 AM
crazyea
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - He did not dominate the #1 Contender. That was far from a domination. GSP leaned heavily on the wrestling while getting outstruck by Condit. Condit landed the more damage standing, the most damaging blows, and Condit landed an accumilation of leg kicks , knee kicks, head kicks, jabs, and significant strikes. When GSP would take Condit down, he would attempt to pass guard , but could not pass consistently. His GNP was strong, but in the end he still lacks finishing ability.

You sir are blowing smoke out of your ass. Good day to you! Phone Post
11/18/12 11:12 AM
SoupCan
580 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - He did not dominate the #1 Contender. That was far from a domination. GSP leaned heavily on the wrestling while getting outstruck by Condit. Condit landed the more damage standing, the most damaging blows, and Condit landed an accumilation of leg kicks , knee kicks, head kicks, jabs, and significant strikes. When GSP would take Condit down, he would attempt to pass guard , but could not pass consistently. His GNP was strong, but in the end he still lacks finishing ability.

Further proving my point that you are an idiot Phone Post
11/18/12 11:21 AM
Naheb

Wow my thread definitely went down a different path. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.