UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: GSP & Anderson will make s#!%load of $

11/18/12 8:30 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the UFC 154 post fight press conference, UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre skirted the issue of a superfight with Anderson Silva, saying he needed time off.

UFC president Dana White agreed, telling the media that he would giving GSP at least 10 days to decompress and not think about anything fight related.

After St-Pierre left the presser, White told the media that the date for the potential fight was still sometime in May, that Toronto, Dallas and Brazil were still being considered, and that Dallas seemed to make the most sense, “because it’s neutral.”

“That’s why we’re going there," said White. "I hope I sell a 100,000 (tickets)."

“I want Anderson Silva to love this fight and want it. I want Georges to love this fight and want it. Becasue they’re both gonna make a s---load of money, that’s a no-brainer. I want them to want it for the right reasons. This is more of a legacy fight. This is the pound-for-pound fight.”

Read entire article...

11/18/12 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP takes this fight, I hope he prepares for a year...May is just too soon. He has come back from a long layoff and while Condit's striking is great, Anderson's is a level beyond.
11/18/12 8:40 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'I want Georges to love this fight and want it. Becasue they’re both gonna make a s---load of money, that’s a no-brainer. I want them to want it for the right reasons.' Phone Post
11/18/12 9:07 AM
spliff
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Azn Keyboard Warrior -  Silvs Vs Jones
GSP Vs Hendricks/Diaz

Please Phone Post

hendricks/diaz would destroy gsp in a handicap match.. maybe hendricks/diaz vs gsp/rory would be more fair

11/18/12 10:09 AM
stonepony

How exactly does Diaz deserve a shot at Georges more than Hendricks?

Hendricks vs Diaz maybe.
11/18/12 10:26 AM
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER

CHAMPIONS are suppose to be INVINCIBLE

sure everybody will make a buttload

whats the BENEFIT to the company after a champion loses??

I see no increase to the ppv sales to the loser of this fight down the road

ANDY is chasing the big payday wo gettting badly hurt...and before he retires soon

but GSP has a long way to go before he quits....why would gsp want this fight unless he is 100% confident he's going to win......GSP knows if he loses he will earn less each ppv because his IMAGE of INVINCIBILITY is GONE
11/18/12 10:27 AM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Not everything is about money dana Phone Post
11/18/12 10:31 AM
Smith1234
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fight is unfair to GSP. Bottom line.

He should be pushing Andy vs Bones. Phone Post
11/18/12 10:35 AM
demonsurge
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope GSP doesnt take this fight. Its completely unfair and I simply dont want to see it.

It really should be Bones vs Silva.
11/18/12 10:36 AM
epwar
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ I'll give him 10 days to think about it.

11/18/12 10:37 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - CHAMPIONS are suppose to be INVINCIBLE

ANDY is chasing the big payday wo gettting badly hurt...and before he retires soon

but GSP has a long way to go before he quits....why would gsp want this fight unless he is 100% confident he's going to win......GSP knows if he loses he will earn less each ppv because his IMAGE of INVINCIBILITY is GONE

Wow I couldn't disagree more, the 1 going into this fight with the image of invincibility is Silva. GSP would be itleast a 2 to 1 underdog and it would be a win win situation for him. If he loses so what? He is supposed to lose, if he wins he seals the deal as the GOAT and pound4pound best all in 1 night. If he loses he stays exactly where he is right now which is top 3. From this perspective Anderson has everything to lose, he could retire right now and be the concensus GOAT, I don't agree that he is but it would be the majority view of things.

Anderson isn't worried about paydays, his marketing will last for years if he can retire undefeated in his UFC run. If he loses he loses a lot of that appeal, especially losing to a smaller guy that would destroy his legacy
11/18/12 10:38 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do not want this fight.
11/18/12 10:43 AM
Phil Cornelius

Immaculata - I do not want this fight.

Why??
11/18/12 10:46 AM
Phil Cornelius

To Dana a shitload of money would be him finally paying them over $500,000 while he banks multi-millions and ends up and already is a billionaire... Pay Anderson Silva at least 1.5-2 mill and GSP 1-1.5 mill....and I'm talking base pay no PPV endorsements n crap i'm talking from Dana since he hoards that money of his.
11/18/12 10:52 AM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

spliff -
Azn Keyboard Warrior -  Silvs Vs Jones
GSP Vs Hendricks/Diaz

Please Phone Post

hendricks/diaz would destroy gsp in a handicap match.. maybe hendricks/diaz vs gsp/rory would be more fair

lol

I would rather see Hendricks or Diaz vs. GSP.

Andy should just keep fighting contenders at middleweight. No reason for these superfights when there are still contenders in each division. Phone Post
11/18/12 10:53 AM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil Cornelius - To Dana a shitload of money would be him finally paying them over $500,000 while he banks multi-millions and ends up and already is a billionaire... Pay Anderson Silva at least 1.5-2 mill and GSP 1-1.5 mill....and I'm talking base pay no PPV endorsements n crap i'm talking from Dana since he hoards that money of his.
GSP is a bigger draw, what makes you think he should be paid less? Phone Post
11/18/12 10:59 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I want Georges to love this because its gonna make me a shitload of money!!"

11/18/12 11:05 AM
Phil Cornelius

JediJitsu - 
Phil Cornelius - To Dana a shitload of money would be him finally paying them over $500,000 while he banks multi-millions and ends up and already is a billionaire... Pay Anderson Silva at least 1.5-2 mill and GSP 1-1.5 mill....and I'm talking base pay no PPV endorsements n crap i'm talking from Dana since he hoards that money of his.
GSP is a bigger draw, what makes you think he should be paid less? Phone Post

(Because of the Finishes & Competition Anderson Silva has done ova his career compared to GSP)... GSP is REALLY big in Canada but I think with the finishes of Anderson Silva he is actually the bigger draw especially when it comes to being in Brazil
11/18/12 11:13 AM
IIAces

So before there was Jones, everyone was saying Silva/GSP would be fight of the year make it happen Dana. Now GSP isn't worthy of Silva? Just asking the UG as the hype train gets overrated here. I always thought GSP would get destroyed by Silva, but why is GSP not at his level anymore? ESP if GSP has plenty of fights left and Silva has 3 maybe 4. GSP should still be peaking but isn't good enough anymore? Phone Post
11/18/12 11:15 AM
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - 
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - CHAMPIONS are suppose to be INVINCIBLE

Wow I couldn't disagree more, the 1 going into this fight with the image of invincibility is Silva. GSP would be itleast a 2 to 1 underdog and it would be a win win situation for him. If he loses so what? He is supposed to lose, if he wins he seals the deal as the GOAT and pound4pound best all in 1 night. If he loses he stays exactly where he is right now which is top 3. From this perspective Anderson has everything to lose, he could retire right now and be the concensus GOAT, I don't agree that he is but it would be the majority view of things.

Anderson isn't worried about paydays, his marketing will last for years if he can retire undefeated in his UFC run. If he loses he loses a lot of that appeal, especially losing to a smaller guy that would destroy his legacy

gsp will never go into a fight thinking "if i lose? im suppose to lose"

and i dont see ppv sales for gsp increasing if he gets his face smashed....champ appeal is gone

and if you dont think anderson is chasing the payday.... your wrong, otherwise he should just fight weidman
11/18/12 11:20 AM
Rookie Fighter

I honestly want to see every super fight I can possibly see. Andy/jones, Andy/gsp, bendo/gsp, jones/dos santos make it all happen! Phone Post
11/18/12 11:48 AM
Bry Bry

after watching Gsp/Condit last night, i do not want to see Gsp/Anderson...Anderson is 5 times the striker that Condit is and he would destroy gsp standing..if gsp takes Andy down, so what he wont be able to do much there..
11/18/12 11:59 AM
surfing
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silly fight....doesn't really prove anything to me.

Both should take it only if they want to make a ton of $$$...
11/18/12 12:06 PM
BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

demonsurge - I really hope GSP doesnt take this fight. Its completely unfair and I simply dont want to see it.

agreed

11/18/12 12:15 PM
Doem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrocksSwockRanTrane_onShane - 
demonsurge - I really hope GSP doesnt take this fight. Its completely unfair and I simply dont want to see it.

agreed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.