UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW slams Big Dan, wants Cote vs. Sakara rematch

11/18/12 11:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeRogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Re-watched the footage about 10 or so times.

At 3:36 Dan clearly states "watch the back of the head".

That was the only warning he gave.

Before the gif starts there was an initial shot to the back of the head/neck which was actually an elbow at approx 3:42.

http://i.imgur.com/fBWOF.jpg

^ sorry if the image is blurry

11/18/12 11:16 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Tard job by the ref.
11/18/12 11:52 AM
ausgepicht

Mirg is usually a good ref, but he blew this one. I would be more disappointed that Mirg is STANDING RIGHT THERE watching Sakara hit Cote in the back of the head and isn't physically stopping it so Cote didn't take any more damage. If he would have interrupted on the second one, the fight may have been salvaged. Cote has huge balls and would have wanted to continue. 

Lastly, Underground Blog as a writer you should know the difference between "there" and "their." Fie on you!

11/18/12 11:53 AM
grafzep
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can't wait for the rematch
11/18/12 11:58 AM
Doem

Edited: 11/18/12 11:59 AM
its also crazy that he sat there and watched him punch the back of the head, provided no warning, and then DQed him. It should have been NC.
There were so many thrown to the head i was expecting him to at least give a verbal but he just stood there.
Absolutely terrible.
11/18/12 12:01 PM
Bobby Lupo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doem - its also crazy that he sat there and watched him punch the back of the head, provided no warning, and then DQed him. It should have been NC.
There were so many thrown to the head i was expecting him to at least give a verbal but he just stood there.
Absolutely terrible.

He probably saw that the punches were on the ear....then was pressured by French Candians and booing to reverse his decision. Straight WWE

11/18/12 12:03 PM
JoeRogan420

Doem - its also crazy that he sat there and watched him punch the back of the head, provided no warning, and then DQed him. It should have been NC.
Absolutely terrible.

He warned him at 3:36

"watch the back of the head"

11/18/12 12:12 PM
Doem

^
really?
ive seen him be more animated and louder telling the fighters to "work" during a fight but you look at him in that fight and he looks like a statue. When he stopped it i thought it was TKO
11/18/12 12:14 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Rematch in Milan be fair Phone Post
Lol, that would be awesome. Phone Post
11/18/12 12:15 PM
Bobby Lupo
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -  I'm curious to know if Sakara got paid his win bonus and how soon of a time table for a rematch. Phone Post

should get KOTN bonus for being the first man to KO Cote

11/18/12 12:18 PM
JoeRogan420

Doem - ^
really?
ive seen him be more animated and louder telling the fighters to "work" during a fight but you look at him in that fight and he looks like a statue. When he stopped it i thought it was TKO

You're making a judgement based on a gif.

I'm making a judgement based on the audio.
11/18/12 12:21 PM
Doem

no dummy, i watched the fight
there is no sound in a gif.
11/18/12 12:22 PM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should note scores and go out of his way to name and shame judges that make ridiculously bad calls.  

Not just if the fight was lost, but when the scoring is ridiculous in any fight.  The judges should have to answer for their fuck ups too.

Judges need to be more individually accountable and horrible calls should be blamed on specific people, not just 'the judging'.

Big Dan's getting ripped a new one, but I haven't heard one judge's name come up when talking about the Lawlor decision that even the home team thought was bad.

11/18/12 12:31 PM
Sardinian pride

Glad he got a rematch ,hope out Canada ..UFC makes it happen in Rome where Alessio came from and u flood the colosseum with his fans! Phone Post
11/18/12 12:41 PM
Biggy
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shots grazing the ear? People will reach for anything and forget about the importance of camera angles. AT BEST, maybe 2 out of all those shots "grazed" the ear and that was only because Cote turned his head to the right. Those shots where coming right down with the intent to hit the back of the head and most landed there.

Sakara fucked up a potential win, get over it.

ps. hitting the back of the neck and spine is also illegal.
11/18/12 12:51 PM
Tardiolli

What if Dan Mirg refs a Bob Sapp fight?
11/18/12 2:27 PM
Fudge Cake

I question the grazing the ear as being a definitive test...I can still hit the middle back of the head (wrist/forearm) while grazing the ear.
11/18/12 2:30 PM
r_o_y

Mayhem13 -  Only 2 or maybe 3 of those shots didn't connect with the ear. If a shot hits the ear, it can't be back of the head..

I can understand a NC..but the DQ was extreme. Especially after never getting a warning.

A lot of people are being swayed by the commentators reaction. There were no more then 3 shots to the back of the head.

NC. Sure. DQ. No. Phone Post

Commentators...I barely listen to them. I saw one hit to the ear and one miss. All the rest slammed right to the back of head. If that wasn't a DQ I don't know what is.
11/18/12 2:34 PM
r_o_y

Bobby Lupo - 
Absolutely terrible.

He probably saw that the punches were on the ear....then was pressured by French Candians and booing to reverse his decision. Straight WWE

How would that be anything like wwe?
11/18/12 2:55 PM
Bobby Lupo

r_o_y - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Absolutely terrible.

The referee reversed the decision based on crowd reaction. That shit's SUS

Team Sakara is appealing the decision. Good

11/18/12 3:01 PM
6ULDV8
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe Dan stood there and intently watched that without doing anything.  Cote tried to look up at him to say 'WTF' and then got smashed in the back of the head.

I think it was that more than the pressure from the fans that made Dan make the call he made when it was all said and done.

It really shouldn't have been said and done like that though.  Big Dan fucked up (again) big time.

'I'll just let it go for now and call it wrong later.' is not cool bro.  He is definitely not a paisan.

11/18/12 3:01 PM
6ULDV8

And 'Rematch in Rome' has a nice ring to it.

11/18/12 3:03 PM
r_o_y

Bobby Lupo - 
r_o_y - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Absolutely terrible.

The referee reversed the decision based on crowd reaction. That shit's SUS

Team Sakara is appealing the decision. Good

They don't do that in wwe
11/18/12 3:05 PM
r_o_y

Edited: 11/18/12 3:08 PM
They will appear to change decisions to Get a reaction from a crowd but never because of a crowd. it's all pre planned to get a crowd to react.
11/18/12 3:08 PM
Bobby Lupo

6ULDV8 - 

And 'Rematch in Rome' has a nice ring to it.

UFC promised a UFC in Milan for 2013 (ease of travel for Western Europe via rail), but Rome works for me. Then the shoe can be on the other food

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.