UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> G excuSes P

11/18/12 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Nonlinear
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Sorree I dee dant fee neesh.  My eyes, day was blurr-ee and had day ring rust u guyz!"

It's OK, fella.  The fight was far from boring.

11/18/12 12:27 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1060 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he was complaining about his vision between rounds. its not like he made it up after the fight

11/18/12 12:33 PM
Swamuel McSwamuelson

WWETopTeam - I agree with you. After a tough fight with a tough opponent, sighting ring rust is not sportsmanlike.

Condit would always give GSP fits ( so would Nick Diaz)

Anyone that can strike competitively with GSP (either a little better or a little worse ) AND has an active guard has a great chance of beating him, and is probably better than him.

GSP has ELITE wrestling for MMA. Has great guard passes. Then his attributes drop significantly. Although his striking has been touted for years now, he has never KO'D anyone standing although he has hit a lot of people a lot of times. GSP does not have powerful punches in comparison to the average of the division. He can be subbed (and has been) Condit was very close and GSP stopped his aggressive GNP after he felt Condit's hips constantly moving and threatening with multiple submissions.

While GSP has a good jab he uses it as a power punch a lot. His overall boxing is simply average to the division.

GSP's wrestling lacks diversity and creativity. He hits most of his takedowns with great timing and ducking under his opponents strikes -- as opposed to actual pure wrestling skills. GSP almost always shoots a power double-leg that relies on supreme athelticism. It would not translate to the 185 lb division. GSP lacks a lot of set ups for his takedowns and displays a poor understanding of chain wrestling other than switching from a double to a single leg and backforth. A blast double was utilized greatly by another great athlete in MMA, Brock Lesnar. Brock would not even wait to duck under his opponents strikes ; opting to go for a full-on scary assed BULLRUSH. Highly effective as it is, a power blast double is not a testament to Elite Wrestling ability because it is basically a more technical version of the American Football tackle.

GSP gets hit a lot when he trades in the pocket, but so do most MMA fighters. Watching him strike, one might get the impression that he uses his striking to distract his opponents long enough to "distract" them from his double-leg.

Overall, when you factor GSP's strength due to weight cutting, and his cardio, his striking, grappling, and his wrestling , GSP is one of the best MMA fighers of his weight, in the World. Because of his success as a fighter, a lot of fans of the Sport tend to over-rate certain aspects of his game.

He's outstruck every fighter he's ever fought, not bad for someone with average striking, and no power.

I'm not a big fan, and wanted Carlos to win but your post is a bit silly.
11/18/12 12:33 PM
Neil Funk

I came in here to scold and rebuke, and leave agreeing with the OP. GSP is one of the greats but does seem to reference his in-fight injuries a lot. Oh well.
11/18/12 12:37 PM
jkennedy
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Never KO'd someone standing"

Queue Matt Hughes GIF. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.