Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

GSP walks around at, what, 180, cuts to 170? AS can walk around at 215, can easily get to 225.

In the ring at 185, GSP is going to be a bit bloated 180. AS is going to be at least 200. So you're suggesting a class title holder who can get a great paycheck and not risk his health go up against a giant (comparatively)?

That's stupid. If they had a weigh-in the night of the fight, and met at 180, then it would probably be a decent fight. But as you say that only gets a payday and nobody gets a belt.

GSP should stay and defend at 170.

When in the hell has Anderson been that big? Why does everyone think he walks around at 205 . He came in at 202 against Bonnar with no cut. So what the fuck makes you say 225??? He would be able 205 but noway in hell 185 if he's that big.

Everyone has been bitching about this fight for years. You all wanted this fight before Jones won the belt. Everyone has begged Dana for this for past few years for this. Is GSP not a P4P contender anymore? That is what all y'all are saying right? He was good enough for the fight back then but not now.

My question is, is GSP on the downside of his career at age 32? Or is Anderson peeking at age 37? What's changed in the past year or two between these guys? Phone Post
You obviously don't follow MMA news. Even Soares said Anderson walks around 225; please do some research when posting. Phone Post
Your right. He cuts 40lbs every MW fight.

http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-news/425918/Anderson-Silva-already-near-weight-White-says-Bonnar-will-be-crazy-bigger

His offseason weight may get 220. He would never make a cut from that. He trains 205 and cuts the weight. He is 200-205 training. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IIAces

And around 195-200 in cage for a MW bout Phone Post
11/20/12 12:29 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

GSP walks around at, what, 180, cuts to 170? AS can walk around at 215, can easily get to 225.

In the ring at 185, GSP is going to be a bit bloated 180. AS is going to be at least 200. So you're suggesting a class title holder who can get a great paycheck and not risk his health go up against a giant (comparatively)?

That's stupid. If they had a weigh-in the night of the fight, and met at 180, then it would probably be a decent fight. But as you say that only gets a payday and nobody gets a belt.

When in the hell has Anderson been that big? Why does everyone think he walks around at 205 . He came in at 202 against Bonnar with no cut. So what the fuck makes you say 225??? He would be able 205 but noway in hell 185 if he's that big.

Everyone has been bitching about this fight for years. You all wanted this fight before Jones won the belt. Everyone has begged Dana for this for past few years for this. Is GSP not a P4P contender anymore? That is what all y'all are saying right? He was good enough for the fight back then but not now.

My question is, is GSP on the downside of his career at age 32? Or is Anderson peeking at age 37? What's changed in the past year or two between these guys? Phone Post
You obviously don't follow MMA news. Even Soares said Anderson walks around 225; please do some research when posting. Phone Post

http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-news/425918/Anderson-Silva-already-near-weight-White-says-Bonnar-will-be-crazy-bigger

His offseason weight may get 220. He would never make a cut from that. He trains 205 and cuts the weight. He is 200-205 training. Phone Post
Nice contradiction...

IIAces , -4
35 minutes ago
Why does everyone think he 205 plus***

... now all the sudden you admit he's 205. You my friend are either an idiot or a lair. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:33 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^even if he is an idiot and a liar, his point he just made is both valid and correct. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:33 PM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

By the way, I love how you're quoting Dana White, as he has no bias in promoting the Silva/Bonnar fight vs Soares his manager. Haha Phone Post
11/20/12 12:39 PM
IIAces

GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

By the way, I love how you're quoting Dana White, as he has no bias in promoting the Silva/Bonnar fight vs Soares his manager. Haha Phone Post
lol I can find many more articles. Do some research, I'm actually at work making money and don't have time to find and post the other articles. There's a million out there. From his nutritionist and soars all saying the same thing. He's gets to 220 in offseason. What's that 2-3months a year IF that? He didn't even weigh 205 against bonnar. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:44 PM
IIAces

GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

Nice contradiction...

IIAces , -4
35 minutes ago
Why does everyone think he 205 plus***

... now all the sudden you admit he's 205. You my friend are either an idiot or a lair. Phone Post
lol whatever man. He's 245 pounds you got me.

He stays around between 195-200 in the cage on fight night. He stays around 205 when trains. His cut is from 205 pounds not 225. People here think he cuts 40 pounds to make MW Phone Post
11/20/12 12:49 PM
orcus

"People here think he cuts 40 pounds to make MW"

Except for when he cut 43 the time he weighed in at 182 against Leites.

11/20/12 12:51 PM
GeneraI

IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

lol I can find many more articles. Do some research, I'm actually at work making money and don't have time to find and post the other articles. There's a million out there. From his nutritionist and soars all saying the same thing. He's gets to 220 in offseason. What's that 2-3months a year IF that? He didn't even weigh 205 against bonnar. Phone Post
Easy there bud, I was responding to your original quote, "Why does everyone think he 205 plus*** "; you are the one who said this, which is completely misinformed and maybe out of content. If you think a few years ago AS weighed over 220 and now he weighs less, you are certainly naive. And btw, we all work and make money (or I hope most of UG does) but find time to work our obsession of mma in our lives, so don't feel special for having a job. Phone Post
11/20/12 12:55 PM
IIAces

orcus -

I've never seen that. Source please? Also funny how that equals 225 great coincidence if true. When I get home ill get the articles where soars, Anderson, and his nutritionist states he stays around 205 if in the gym. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:04 PM
IIAces

GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

Easy there bud, I was responding to your original quote, "Why does everyone think he 205 plus*** "; you are the one who said this, which is completely misinformed and maybe out of content. If you think a few years ago AS weighed over 220 and now he weighs less, you are certainly naive. And btw, we all work and make money (or I hope most of UG does) but find time to work our obsession of mma in our lives, so don't feel special for having a job. Phone Post
Didn't mean to come across like a dick or anything. And I hope most UGs work too. Just trying to get shit done before the holiday.

I love MMA too and actual conversations/debates about it without a fight. Not many here can do that. We may have different opinions, but went at it in a good way. I know I don't know everything and I'm always looking for more knowledge. Props to you for keeping it a conversation. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:06 PM
IIAces

And I think they have both put weight and muscle mass on pass few years. Doesn't change the fact everyone begged for this fight a year and a half ago. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:14 PM
GeneraI

IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
GeneraI -
IIAces -
WidespreadPanic -

WW is up to 170.

MW is up to 185.

GSP is about 5'10

AS is about 6'2

Didn't mean to come across like a dick or anything. And I hope most UGs work too. Just trying to get shit done before the holiday.

I love MMA too and actual conversations/debates about it without a fight. Not many here can do that. We may have different opinions, but went at it in a good way. I know I don't know everything and I'm always looking for more knowledge. Props to you for keeping it a conversation. Phone Post
I totally agree with you bud. I for one enjoy debates, just don't like it when people take personal or get personal.
Can we hug it out? :D Phone Post
11/20/12 1:18 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
565 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces -
orcus -

I've never seen that. Source please? Also funny how that equals 225 great coincidence if true. When I get home ill get the articles where soars, Anderson, and his nutritionist states he stays around 205 if in the gym. Phone Post
Orcus is being sarcastic Phone Post
11/20/12 1:19 PM
orcus

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
IIAces -
orcus -

;)

11/20/12 1:23 PM
IIAces

orcus -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
IIAces -
orcus -

;)

I know he's a really good poster and messes with people too. Just needed confirmation on which he was doing here lol. Phone Post
11/20/12 1:34 PM
Belcherz_Twister

please no. That would mean the WW title wouldn't be defended for another year at least
11/21/12 3:04 PM
Kneeblock
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcherz_Twister - please no. That would mean the WW title wouldn't be defended for another year at least

Well, I think GSP moving up permanently solves that problem. If he heads for 185, we've got a lot of good challengers out there who could have a tournament to crown a new champ. And if things didn't work out for him up at 185, he could come back to 170 and face a new champ who would definitely have legitimacy, whereas before he went on hiatus, it was hard to make that case.

Diaz, Condit, Hendricks, Maia, Marquardt, E. Silva, Pierce, Kos, Shields, Rory, BJ, Stun Gun all scrapping it out to crown a new champ? That's awesome times for the WW division.

Of course, it's equally awesome to imagine GSP fighting some of those guys.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.