UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Hitman: Absolution

11/18/12 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Body Shots
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone picking this up on Tuesday?

I loved the originals but never really played Blood Money..

This one looks pretty good though from the few videos I've watched online..

Thoughts on game.?? Phone Post
11/18/12 2:55 PM
Mariooo1UP
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking about it.. It is getting great reviews. I think it got a 9.2 from IGN. Phone Post
11/18/12 3:16 PM
soreshins
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've ordered it. Looks great Phone Post
11/18/12 3:38 PM
Body Shots
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soreshins - I've ordered it. Looks great Phone Post
I saw on the Best Buy site if you have it pre-ordered you can play the Sniper Challenge now..

Thinking about going to Best Buy haha.. Did yours come with the Sniper Challenge and have you played it? Phone Post
11/18/12 11:23 PM
The LoneWolfx6
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to be getting it, however gametrailers gave it a review score of 6.9...........
11/19/12 1:39 AM
Adam588
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Game is getting mixed reviews Phone Post
11/19/12 2:33 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got it last week, I really enjoy it but it's not as good as the last one (which I loved.)

Doesn't seem to be as many unique ways to complete some of the levels, which is what I loved most about the previous one. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:43 AM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/19/12 6:44 AM
TheHaunted2

Body Shots -
soreshins - I've ordered it. Looks great Phone Post
I saw on the Best Buy site if you have it pre-ordered you can play the Sniper Challenge now..

Thinking about going to Best Buy haha.. Did yours come with the Sniper Challenge and have you played it? Phone Post
I preodered on play.com and yes the sniper challenge is pretty fun. I think the gun unlocks you get on sniper challenge carry over to the game too Phone Post
11/19/12 10:50 AM
Adam588

KingD87 - I got it last week, I really enjoy it but it's not as good as the last one (which I loved.)

Doesn't seem to be as many unique ways to complete some of the levels, which is what I loved most about the previous one. Phone Post
Please go on.... Blood money was one of my Fav games of all time. Will I be disappointed Phone Post
11/19/12 7:32 PM
TheHaunted2

Adam588 -
KingD87 - I got it last week, I really enjoy it but it's not as good as the last one (which I loved.)

Please go on.... Blood money was one of my Fav games of all time. Will I be disappointed Phone Post
No you wont be disappointed Phone Post
11/19/12 7:59 PM
Body Shots

I've been watching videos online for the last few days and have come to the conclusion that I will be buying it tomorrow.. Phone Post
11/21/12 4:54 AM
Aussie punk

Not as good as blood money. It's all about survival and story mode. I miss the plain hits. And the news paper clipping after each game. You don't get to pick ur weapon load out. Looks great but doesn't hit my expectations since it has been 6 and a half years since the last Phone Post
11/21/12 11:31 AM
SethGecko

Is there anything that the game does that is an improvement over Blood Money aside from Graphics?
11/23/12 9:36 PM
Aussie punk

New people to the game would love it. There are a lot of small levels that only have one or 2 ways of doing it. I say hire it boys. Still I fun number but no blood money Phone Post
11/23/12 10:05 PM
Rightious K
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss the straight up hits and equipment selection aspects of the old games, the story on this on really doesn't do it for me.

plus the game "punishes" you for killing NPC's who the game goes out of its way to tempt you to kill...

11/23/12 11:32 PM
CaptainAmerica30
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you've played the other games in the Hitman series this will likely be a bit of a disappointment, especially it you enjoyed the freedom that Blood Money gave you. After having played about 5-6 hours of this new one I feel like its more of a stealth game then anything. It feels like you spend almost all of you're time crouching behind boxes and sneaking from one place to another. It is difficult to use disguises and as someone stated above you get punished for killing any NPC's besides the target which takes some fun out of it. I can see why reviews for this were so mixed, it's a shame they got a stellar voice cast and you can see their was love poured into the game, they just didn't quite hit the mark on what a true Hitman game is supposed to be. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:54 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Was thinking about buying this. Phone Post
11/24/12 7:14 AM
TheHaunted2

I think we all know what is coming, there will be dlc that will have the plain hits I bet.
As for this game im enjoying it, but the disguise system is soooo hard! Blood money was unbeatable, so I still rate this game highly Phone Post
11/24/12 6:29 PM
Aussie punk

They do have contracts mode. Where u play the levels with hits in them. Where you get go pick your load out and have certain targets and requests. But this just feels like a quick fix up. Plus you can make your own contracts but haven't tried that yet. But yes dlc will fix this if they bring out decent contracts Phone Post
11/24/12 6:48 PM
TheHaunted2

Aussie punk - They do have contracts mode. Where u play the levels with hits in them. Where you get go pick your load out and have certain targets and requests. But this just feels like a quick fix up. Plus you can make your own contracts but haven't tried that yet. But yes dlc will fix this if they bring out decent contracts Phone Post
Didnt know that, i'll check it out after ive completed the stort Phone Post
11/24/12 11:55 PM
Aussie punk

In the australia. Edition I got a password for Xbox live that un locked it. When u hit start at the title screen, u can either pick story mode or contracts mode. There was talk about making it dlc but they changed there mind. Well they did for the Australian copy Phone Post
11/25/12 7:44 PM
rockafella

This game is awesome. Sure there are some levels that are not as open ended as in the past but most of the contracts are just like in the past.

The Contracts portion is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to making some of my own.
11/28/12 12:41 AM
supersaiyan

sounds like this game took a few steps backwards
12/6/12 12:40 PM
The Ghost of Eatonbeever
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got it today and played it for 5 hours straight, love the challenges, gives the story heaps of replay ability. Graphics are pretty good and the controls are perfect IMO, this is the first Hitman I have had on console ( had all the others on Pc) and I found it easy to adapt. I can see why people say it feels a bit stealthy though, still worth the buy IMO Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.