UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC in financial trouble in US market

11/18/12 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FrankMurrr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/18/12 4:26 PM

Do you think this is the sole reason for this "super-fight" right now? They need to pull big numbers. Dana and co. would never come out and say this but this past year has been a terrible one for the UFC given the amount of fighters that have dropped off cards due to injury. What say you UG?
11/18/12 4:37 PM
dingdong_malice

bad year but i seriously doubt theyre in financial trouble
11/18/12 4:46 PM
JetSetter

Nope Phone Post
11/18/12 4:53 PM
Tilla

It's the only thing that is going to get Brock Lesnar-Type numbers at the moment.

They will be in trouble when the Brazilian market drys up...
11/18/12 5:02 PM
MMALOGIC

i wouldnt say financial trouble... more like a decline.

A significant chunk of the casual fanbase has left because of the friday night time slot, most of the content being on a network nobody gets (fuel) and switching to a new network.

Now that most of the problems will be solved in 2013 they want to bring people back and a superfight between GSP and Anderson would help with that.

11/18/12 9:17 PM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, numbers have dropped off dramatically...tell yourself, when have you ever seen a 30% discount on UFC cards...even HD option is now same price as SD.. Phone Post
11/18/12 9:20 PM
Non N00B

Nix the 115 division, women division will water down the cards more, the horrible TUF bullshit, a stable full of undercard fighters that they try to pass off as $55 ppv worth at times, bullshit title shots for people like Sonnen.

STOP THE FUCKING BULLSHIT AND MAKE SOME BIG INSANE FIGHTS
11/18/12 9:32 PM
crowbar
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say that the 90+ million a year they are receiving from Fox (not even including PPV`s & merchandise) that you are naive & will probably believe anything that is reported.

11/18/12 9:36 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

I do think the "WWE style" matchmaking is bullshit

And the shitty judging doesnt help things Phone Post
11/18/12 9:59 PM
FrankMurrr

^ Sad but true
11/18/12 10:11 PM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get rid of anything under LW. (start WEC again?)

Get rid of or Change TUF.

Stop trying to puit on so many cards that are so watered down they go to shit after 1 or 2 injuries.

make more SUPERFIGHTS! and GOOD fights. Not Hamill vs Rampge & Tito, Silva/Bonner, Tito/Forrest 3, and 10,000 rematches, etc.

11/19/12 2:55 PM
Ludelow

circa305 - They are trying to send their cash cow in for slaughter... Something must be up.

LOL
11/19/12 3:22 PM
berger

No, I do not agree at all. By OP logic only struggling companies put on big events. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:28 PM
GroundStPound

Lol at all of this.. Zuffa are making bank anyone who doesn't think so can either A not understand business or B a pure hater.

I would present examples of how they are putting on more shows than ever before, putting on record gates where ever they
go...but haters gon hate. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:40 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zuffa is pushing WAY too hard for this fight, especially considering how I've never heard GSP sound even mildly interested. There's a reason they'd be willing to damage the rep of one of their top guys.
11/19/12 4:28 PM
time traveling 12er
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't say they were in financial trouble. But they definitely don't have a face for the whole show. JBJ has the personality issues. Silva doesn't speak english. GSP is injured all the time and has a french accent. There's no Lesnar or Liddell that's a sure sell for the US.
11/20/12 2:17 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love the sport and will watch for the occasional fight as worthwhile as GSP/Condit was. However, if they keep putting on those Metamoris (sp) Grappling/bjj cards, my money will go there first for sure.
11/20/12 2:18 PM
hubris
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to be fair, Dana sent his biggest cash cow Brock Lesnar to slaughter multiple times
11/20/12 2:20 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

forget weight classes

just scrap
11/20/12 2:36 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lollol

Did ufc lose money?!!!!!!!

Hell no its FASTEST GROWING SPORT IN THE WORLD

people who make ufc is failing threads
Are delusional

Why hate?

Just masterbate! Phone Post
11/20/12 3:25 PM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar -
crowbar -

I say that the 90+ million a year they are receiving from Fox (not even including PPV`s & merchandise) that you are naive & will probably believe anything that is reported.

This
This
This Phone Post
Agreed! Not even close to losing money. But on targets, probably not for the US , the bubble has burst is all. Just like any product or market. The boom has come and now its finding its true water level... its will bop along fine, but the Ufc brass may have been projecting a bigger run in the US I'm sure. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.