UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Wii U came out today

11/21/12 2:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devs will become accustomed to the hardware just in time for actual next-gen systems to come out next fall and take a shit on it :P

It wouldn't be so bad if the system weren't so expensive.

11/21/12 4:57 PM
keiths
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

had 3 at Wal Mart today near me. If it was $200 I might have gotten one
11/21/12 5:06 PM
Jons Forsberg

for $200 you can get a google Nexus 7 at Staples.
11/21/12 5:59 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damnit! Sold out in all stores around me. Some employees at several Best Buys said that they have reserve inventory in the back for Black Friday. But F@ck going anywhere near a store on Black Friday! Phone Post
11/21/12 7:08 PM
Mariooo1UP
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got mine, love it. It's pretty bad ass so far. Phone Post
11/22/12 3:56 PM
nrallen

all nintendo needed to do was release a more powerful wii that is backwards compatible. focus on the online offering and forget gimmicks. a machine that had enough cpu, graphics and ram to play 360/ps3 ports at 1080p and 60 fps.

that would have been sufficient enough to please its current fans and all those who are growing tired of their current console. i'd have certainly bought one in that situation.

as it is i'm just waiting to see what arrives from its rivals.

skimping on the hardware yet again and attempting to create sales with a gimmick won't work twice...surely?
11/22/12 5:14 PM
puddlesmith
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nintendo is the Star Wars of the gaming community, people will buy whatever junk they throw out
11/23/12 11:57 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SlyStallowned -
RML -  Does bum fuck Maryland really count as a barometer for the sales of a consumer product?

Regardless if the Wii U is good or not it will certainly sell very well on its first run. Phone Post

Hahahha I was just going to say this after checking his zip code

I think this has more to do with the economic conditions where he lives and less with demand. I live in the Toronto area and all the major retailers are sold out from what I've seen/read, with only a few still selling the basic Wii-U bundle which isn't that popular.
Don't talk shit about MD, you bitches Phone Post
11/24/12 11:05 AM
sewich
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My Nintendo fanboy friend bought one. Mario is a fun game, zombieu is shit. I don't really like the new controller it seems very pointless to have to continully look at that stupid screen when there is a perfectly fine
60" screen to look at. Just feels like a gimmick that will soon grow old.
Need to make a xzibit meme
We heard you like handhelds so we put a handheld in your console. Phone Post
11/24/12 5:42 PM
Charles Barkley
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 5:42 PM

.ol 

11/27/12 3:41 PM
orcus

Edited: 11/27/12 3:42 PM

Black Friday week sales are in. Wii U sold 400k of 500k shipped (i.e. did not sell out).

By comparison, during the same period, 360 sold 750k -- more than the Wii and the Wii U combined (300k + 400k).

11/27/12 3:51 PM
orcus

By the way, the 360's greatly supply-constrained launch did 390k, or just about the same as the non-supply-constrained Wii U. So the Wii U is certainly not following in the Wii's footsteps so far.

11/27/12 3:53 PM
disbeliever
537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
lol
11/27/12 8:31 PM
orcus

Will do bro. I also hope every other poster here keeps us updated on what games they like, don't like, are playing at the moment, etc....because those threads, just like this one, contain vital information that is crucial to me and presumably you as well. 

11/27/12 11:28 PM
keiths
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it had a blu ray player or anything i probably would have gotten one. instead i got a 2nd xbox 360 for the kids(skylanders edition $150@wal mart) and the $199 ps3 bundle on black friday(my old ps3 died). i have a bad habit of holding onto systems, i have 1 of most systems that have been released but the wii is not 1. had it a couple times and sold it each time
11/27/12 11:57 PM
6mildollarman
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

750K units is impressive for Black Friday, but not surprising considering the 360 had a cheaper price range, nice holiday bundles, and truckloads of inventory to move.

If the average consumer had a choice between a $99-$149 bundled Xbox 360 vs a $300-349 Wii U, the bargain deals will most likely win given these economic times and the super savings mentality of Black Friday. And then take into consideration current owners looking to replace their old or dead systems. Prices are low enough to justify getting another one to play Halo 4.

If Nintendo had more units on shelves, they probably would've sold much more (but not original Wii numbers). And I'm pretty sure the black pro package outsold the white basic package.
11/28/12 1:01 PM
dangerboy12
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure the lack of buzz is good for console gaming in general. This has been probably the weakest video game holiday season software wise since the launch of the NES.

Nintendo is gonna make a lot of money off this thing as usual, but let's not make the mistake of comparing it to the Wii, and let's not make the mistake of comparing them to the XBox juggernaut MS has.

Nintendo is gonna do it's thing. Make handhelds and consoles with exclusive, very fun franchise games that have a large following and are very kid friendly. They are gonna make a lot of money. They are gonna keep their market share in their traditional demographics.

Nintendo is fine. XBox is going to be the console king for the near future, and Sony will fade away.
11/29/12 5:03 AM
Jons Forsberg

"I'm not sure the lack of buzz is good for console gaming in general. This has been probably the weakest video game holiday season software wise since the launch of the NES. "

this is the freaking 8th black friday of current gen, of course there's a lack of buzz. That a 7 year old system managed to still sell 750k units is astounding.

thinking about it, 8 years separate the launch of Sega Master System and the PS1 encompassing the entire 16bit gen.
11/29/12 1:58 PM
Bry Bry

it didnt take a genius to realize that many Wii owners were completely disappointed in that system so would not be shelling out money for the Wii U..they dont need 2 consoles just soaking up the dust..
11/29/12 2:04 PM
orcus

Some hacker has implied that he already knows how to hack the Wii U. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.