UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Luta Livre still exist/have beef with BJJ?

11/26/12 1:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kneeblock
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VARIOUS - 

^  Any slight translation for this?

Wallid: We used to be enemies because we had to fight, but now it's all kool and the gang.

Eugenio: You're a cool dude and crazy as F%^ just like me!

Wallid: Man, my leg sure does itch.

Eugenio: Don't tap my arm again.

Wallid & Eugenio: BESTIES!!!

11/26/12 3:17 AM
simonpe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/26/12 3:26 AM
CompanyBlue

Bellator sorta used the LL vs. BJJ angle in one of their fights a few months ago. Marcos Galvao (BJJ) beat Luis Noguiera (LL) in that one.
11/26/12 4:54 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Bellator's Jonas Billstein comes from a LL gym in Germany.
11/26/12 4:59 AM
PTM2020
1004 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's Hugo Duarte up to these days?

11/26/12 8:16 AM
mofomike
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM2020 - 

What's Hugo Duarte up to these days?

The guy on the coffee can?

11/26/12 9:27 AM
booyahbranom

I think I remember Sam Sheridan's book saying LL just a bunch of BJJ purple belts who took off the gi?
11/26/12 11:34 AM
bhealthy

^^^ he cannot be that stupid.
11/26/12 12:14 PM
VARIOUS

I didn't know this existed until now

11/26/12 12:43 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 12:43 PM

Carlo Prater is also a LL black belt, but was one of the first guys to get black belts in both.. he never trains gi tho

11/26/12 6:04 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to say to the guy in Texas that Prater is or used to teach in Houston Phone Post
11/26/12 8:54 PM
kao

tadeo fought all the gracies, royer, renzo, wallid and the list goes on and on.
11/26/12 9:12 PM
pbody
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a really cool short documentary on Milton Vieira, who is a BTT member and holds black belts in both bjj and luta livre. He talks about training both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20CR_N63jgY

11/26/12 10:39 PM
DeuceDroppin

. Phone Post
11/27/12 9:12 AM
CJJScout
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pbody - Here's a really cool short documentary on Milton Vieira, who is a BTT member and holds black belts in both bjj and luta livre. He talks about training both:

That was awesome.
11/27/12 12:00 PM
Dallas Winston
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CJJScout - 
pbody - Here's a really cool short documentary on Milton Vieira, who is a BTT member and holds black belts in both bjj and luta livre. He talks about training both:

That was awesome.

11/27/12 12:12 PM
DeuceDroppin

Look up "Roberto Leitao Luta Livre" and you will find some great videos, pictures, and articles. I was fortunate enough to train with him (although just a tiny bit :( ) in Rio a few years ago. The guy is a living legend, and a great guy. He still teaches in Rio, and is still a beast on the mats! Phone Post
11/27/12 1:33 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/27/12 1:50 PM
McSurly
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
12/26/12 11:33 AM
Dallas Winston
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin -  Look up "Roberto Leitao Luta Livre" and you will find some great videos, pictures, and articles. I was fortunate enough to train with him (although just a tiny bit :( ) in Rio a few years ago. The guy is a living legend, and a great guy. He still teaches in Rio, and is still a beast on the mats! Phone Post

Dude ... seriously? Leitao STILL teaches?

He and Tatu are rightfully considered the grandfathers of LL. Fucking awesome that you got to train under him, if but for a minute.

12/26/12 11:36 AM
ausgepicht

bhealthy -
MarcusRenatoBrownBelt - Luta Livre is much superior to bjj. The wrestling is better and is more important to control the fight in MMA.

you must not realise how many vote downs you will get for stating the truth here
Well, we'll just have to balance it out by VTFU. Phone Post
12/26/12 11:46 AM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/26/12 1:12 PM
DeuceDroppin

Dallas Winston -
DeuceDroppin -  Look up "Roberto Leitao Luta Livre" and you will find some great videos, pictures, and articles. I was fortunate enough to train with him (although just a tiny bit :( ) in Rio a few years ago. The guy is a living legend, and a great guy. He still teaches in Rio, and is still a beast on the mats! Phone Post

Dude ... seriously? Leitao STILL teaches?

He and Tatu are rightfully considered the grandfathers of LL. Fucking awesome that you got to train under him, if but for a minute.

Yeah man..A few years back I trained at Nova Geracao in Leblon (Rio) for a few days, and he was in there a lot. Randomly pulled me to the side and said "let me show you some stuff". He was SUPER nice and spoke really good English. If any of you ever plan on training in Rio, and want to train with him, let me know as I have his email address in my email somewhere as we had emailed back and forth. Not sure what he's doing now, but probably still teaching or training somewhere. Phone Post
12/26/12 1:16 PM
DeuceDroppin

Also..something funny to add..he trains shirtless (he's hairy as fuck) and in old school vale tudo shorts!!haha..It's almost like that old movie (don't remember which one) where the guys are playing basketball and the old, super hairy guy jumps in the air, and as he's coming down his whole sweaty, hairy body rubs down the other guys face! I guess it's worth the trade off though as the guy is a sick teacher. Phone Post
12/26/12 2:03 PM
OMGClayGuida

I train a few times a week at Team Kaobon and get to a couple of Luta Livre classes. I've been lucky enough to take a few of those classes from Marcelo Brigadeiro and I can attest to how good a teacher he is. Unfortunately, I've never rolled with him as I'm relatively a beginner but I've spoken to those who have and the common consensus is that you may as well choke yourself out before you even tie up with him. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.