UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can we agree Diaz can't beat GSP?

11/19/12 9:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaelPFan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP showed its near impossible to strictly outbox him which is exactly what Diaz would have to do. The only glint of success Condit had was with that misdirection kick he threw, something Diaz would never add to his repertoire. Also Gsp showed his continued ground dominance over Condit while nick was barely able to keep ahold of Condit, I think Gsp would hold nick down and essentially stall out a decision. I was very excited for this fight prior to seeing the Condit fight this past weekend. Am I wrong? Could Diaz finish Gsp? Or somehow UD him? Phone Post
11/19/12 9:45 AM
suess
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

of course Diaz could beat him.  however, he probably won't ever fight him and more than likely he would get smashed if he did.  

11/19/12 9:55 AM
SugaFoot
923 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anything can happen in a fight so no we can't agree on that.

11/19/12 9:59 AM
GrayKickass
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Possibly could, probably wouldn't. GSP is too good at everything. His wrestling would dictate the fight. Although, I can see Diaz finishing with a sub if GSP gets a little sloppy. Phone Post
11/19/12 10:00 AM
NoGiGoGoGaGa

It's a daunting fight for Diaz , or anyone but GSP controlled the stand-up by drilling his jab, causing Condit to re-group on each occasion , destroying his rhythm . Diaz would counter much better in that exchange and pressure more effectively than did Condit. Also GSP would have to be way more careful on the ground.
11/19/12 10:00 AM
GrayKickass
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ignore my last comment, I'm retarded Phone Post
11/19/12 10:11 AM
UGCTT_Gaspare

Diaz and Condit are 100% different fighters.

For one Diaz is better on the ground and MUCH better off his back.

Next, Condit hungout against the fence a lot and seemed nervous about the takedown. This is where I think Condit and Diaz' fight style differs, I truely think Diaz will stay all over GSP and not fear the take down in the least

Im not saying Diaz will beat GSP but I think he has a good chance, and more important tools than Condit (in a GSP fight that is) I also think it will be GSP's most exciting fight to date. Phone Post
11/19/12 10:12 AM
flowwiththego
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit didn't box, he threw jumping shit all night. Flaming hot shit Phone Post
11/19/12 10:13 AM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz would wade in on the feet, not back out every time he got touched.

GSP would take him down at will, but diaz is just fine off his back.

Im not saying diaz would 100% win, but I want to see the fight.... I want to know & im tired of what ifing this thing. Phone Post
11/19/12 10:23 AM
FortyKoatz

Diaz v GSP is the most intriguing fight to make after ufc 154. I couldn't care less about the silva fight.
11/19/12 10:25 AM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

of course Diaz could beat him.  however, he probably won't ever fight him and more than likely he would get smashed if he did.  

Yup Phone Post
11/19/12 11:10 AM
1800champagne

50-45 GSP. Would be far less competitive than Condit. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:14 AM
Hikikomori

lol @ less competitive than Condit. Condit got Mollywopped for 4 1/2 rounds.
11/19/12 11:14 AM
6ULDV8
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We should just agree on who would beat who and then no one would have to fight anymore, because it's already been agreed on by the UG.

Good for the sport and way less injuries imo.

11/19/12 11:16 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP destroys Diaz imo. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:36 AM
6ULDV8
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Brilliant - let's roll with that.

Zuffa,no need to make anything happen anymore.  We'll just pontificate about it here instead.

11/19/12 11:44 AM
ranier wolfcastle
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diaz has a style that would get him taken down sooner. gsp wont get subd

11/19/12 11:51 AM
bhealthy

even tho he may be a more diverse grappler than georges. unless he lands a good shot from outside, diaz is not even close to strong enough to stop georges.

would not expect a competitive match unless diaz switched to the kind of canibus that gives you gyno, bacne, swolegut and massive head growth

11/19/12 12:01 PM
Leck Brosnar

Nick Diaz's ground game really looks impressive when he is fighting guys like Cyborg. Put in a wrestler with even a decent top game and he won't get the sub.
11/19/12 12:04 PM
orcus

"For one Diaz is better on the ground and MUCH better off his back."

He got handled by Diego and Karo. Condit reversed him and ended the fight on top. 

No one has shown the slightest sign of being able to do jack shit to GSP from the bottom. He's too good, too fast, and too strong.

11/19/12 12:10 PM
sitchpack

Fuck anyone who doesnt want to see this fight. Phone Post
11/19/12 12:11 PM
XiongBJJ

It will all be how Diaz can work from his guard. Carlos seems to have lesser BJJ but he likes to spark a lot of chaos as compared to a very technical traditional BJJ guy like Diaz. I personally think Diaz has a better guard than Condit, but I don't think he can threaten GSP too much. Condit was very active with puches from the bottom, something Diaz might not do. Phone Post
11/19/12 12:14 PM
Canadian_26
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz could win. I see it being like the sanchez fight but worse for Diaz. Phone Post
11/19/12 12:32 PM
bjws

I see Diaz getting taken down and pounded out. I also see the same thing happening to Silva when they fight in May (where there's smoke there is usually fire)
11/19/12 12:34 PM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Duh bro
Condit beat Diaz and loss to gsp
So according to mma math he can't and won't beat gsp lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.