UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can we agree Diaz can't beat GSP?

11/19/12 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 -

We should just agree on who would beat who and then no one would have to fight anymore, because it's already been agreed on by the UG.

Good for the sport and way less injuries imo.

Mind blown Phone Post
11/19/12 4:18 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of you guys have it summed up pretty well.

Carlos's kick ensured we never see the old gsp again. For The first 2rnds I was so happy seeing him back, then he got his bell rung and we will never see that monster again.

I think its clear that nick/gsp is the biggest ww fight the ufc can show. Hendricks totally deserves it, but won't bring asses to seats. We have an opportunity for a "real" grudge match of 2 well matched legit opponents, that is something we seldom get anymore.

And let Anderson fight Jones. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:25 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's what Nick said so long ago about wanting to fight everyone:

"I'm trying to fight Sakurai, I'm trying to fight K.J. Noons, I'm trying to fight Anderson Silva, I'm trying to fight everybody. I'm trying to fight Georges motherfucking St.Pierre. I'm trying to fight ... I didnt mean to call Georges a motherfucker, but I aint got no problem getting there and fighting the best people in the world. Georges is a nice guy. I'm trying to fight Jon Fitch, I'm trying to fight Silva, I'm trying to fight K.J. Noons, I'm trying to fight everybody. I'm trying to fight Takanori Gomi, Sakurai, I'm trying to fuck everybody up. Fuck this shit. This is fucking gangster fucking warfare. I don't give a fuck. You know what I mean?"
11/19/12 4:29 PM
E55 Pilot

Diaz is a dangerous fight for GSP. Styles make fights and Diaz would beat him on their feet imo.
11/19/12 4:33 PM
craigsmfc
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HUGE Diaz fan personally but I don't think he'd beat GSP. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:35 PM
Dazednconfused
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly think diaz is the only one with a guard good enough to give Gsp some problems Phone Post
11/19/12 4:38 PM
Tolstolobic

Unless they fight you will never know and will be creating questionable threads about what if.

That being said yes gsp would be the winner for 100% sure Phone Post
11/19/12 5:37 PM
omlet de fromage

GSP would be able to pass diaz's guard and cause damage. Phone Post
11/19/12 6:00 PM
SickEyeDiaz
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -
SickEyeDiaz - 
LilBrockonmychest -
UGCTT_Gaspare -  Diaz and Condit are 100% different fighters.

For one Diaz is better on the ground and MUCH better off his back.

Next, Condit hungout against the fence a lot and seemed nervous about the takedown. This is where I think Condit and Diaz' fight style differs, I truely think Diaz will stay all over GSP and not fear the take down in the least

Im not saying Diaz will beat GSP but I think he has a good chance, and more important tools than Condit (in a GSP fight that is) I also think it will be GSP's most exciting fight to date. Phone Post

Why do people say Diaz is so dangerous off his back?  He's submitted 3 people in the last 6 years, all were hurt or exhausted opponents, and 1 was off his back.  That was Gomi who was so tired he couldn't stand.  Nick has only triangled 1 guy and that was his first fight ever, he's never guillotined anyone, never RNC'd anyone, and most of his subs come from the top position (kimura or armbar).  Not saying he isn't dangerous off his back but what give you all that impression when it comes to MMA?

Now Nate's another story.  That guy is dangerous off his back.

So now your gonna shit on Nicks ground game too? I guess he's just sub-par at everything. Maybe he should just hang em up since he can't hang with anyone in any aspect of the game. Phone Post

Once again you guys are so f'n sensitive when it comes to Nick.  I didn't shit on anything.  I never said it was sub-par.  I pointed out facts with statistics to back up my point.  You need to lie and make things up to prove your point.  Nicks great at bjj.  Tell me where I was wrong in my statement.

And way to only focus on the negativity as opposed to me stating how dangerous Nate is.  You see, Nate has triangled and guillotined many opponents OFF HIS BACK and has more submission wins despite way less fights and years fighting pro.

You have some excuse for why Nick beat anyone he's ever beat. He was tired...he's a LW...he's this and he's that.

Tell you what, when you make it to the UFC, be sure to let us know so we can see how slick your ground game and striking are, not to mention your wrestling. I'm interested in seeing you beat the best of the best since you have all the answers LMAO! Phone Post
11/19/12 6:06 PM
Lazer MMA

GSP owns Diaz, via EASY UD
11/19/12 6:09 PM
SickEyeDiaz
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, Nick hasn't RNC'd anyone...give him his pink slip, he's a disgrace!

I mean, he pulled off one of the the most rare subs in MMA, but his opponent was a little flyweight who was gassed, so it doesn't count.
-LilBrock Phone Post
11/19/12 6:11 PM
Kingofny23
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz will finish GSP if he gets another chance at that fight. Phone Post
11/19/12 6:13 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

Dazednconfused - I honestly think diaz is the only one with a guard good enough to give Gsp some problems Phone Post
"But he's only subbed 3 tired guys off his back, he isnt that good"..... Phone Post
11/19/12 6:14 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

SickEyeDiaz - Oh, Nick hasn't RNC'd anyone...give him his pink slip, he's a disgrace!

I mean, he pulled off one of the the most rare subs in MMA, but his opponent was a little flyweight who was gassed, so it doesn't count.
-LilBrock Phone Post
Nick shouldnt be in the UFC, he hasnt one punched KO'd anyone so his striking is terrible

He rarely subs people AND his guard sucks

He pretty much is just a endurance athlete with a good chin. Phone Post
11/19/12 6:29 PM
Entreri

Diaz odds of beating GSP is around 5-10%, but it would still be an entertaining fight.

I easily see GSP going 50-45.

Hendrick with his 1 KO power is a more dangerous opponent.

The most dangerous opponent for GSP is of course Anderson Silva.
11/19/12 6:32 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

Entreri - Diaz odds of beating GSP is around 5-10%, but it would still be an entertaining fight.

I want to disagree with you for just one second. I think Diaz is a more dangerous opponent only because he has MANY more tools. His striking, cardio, jiujitsu, and style. 

Hendricks has 1 shot KO power, but that's ALL he offeres thats a threat to GSP. 

But I do agree that GSP beats Diaz and Hendricks. 

11/19/12 9:55 PM
Russianorkhan

UGCTT_Gaspare -
Entreri - Diaz odds of beating GSP is around 5-10%, but it would still be an entertaining fight.

I want to disagree with you for just one second. I think Diaz is a more dangerous opponent only because he has MANY more tools. His striking, cardio, jiujitsu, and style. 

I think Hendricks is a pretty good wrestler too from what I heard.....so add his one punch ko power and his wrestling and it's pretty much all the skills he needs Phone Post
11/19/12 10:36 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MountainMedic -  Diaz would wade in on the feet, not back out every time he got touched.

GSP would take him down at will, but diaz is just fine off his back.

Im not saying diaz would 100% win, but I want to see the fight.... I want to know & im tired of what ifing this thing. Phone Post

COuldnt have said it better.

This is a fight we NEED to see while they're both in their primes. Diaz aint no bitch and would move forward - GSP aint stupid, and would have a gameplan for it. Must.See.Fight.

11/19/12 10:39 PM
BlueNamer
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP by stoppage due to cut in between rounds 1 and 2.

love me some diaz, but gsp will get top control, rain elbows, slice nick's paper skin. the end.

11/19/12 10:57 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

Russianorkhan -
UGCTT_Gaspare -

I think Hendricks is a pretty good wrestler too from what I heard.....so add his one punch ko power and his wrestling and it's pretty much all the skills he needs Phone Post
But GSP is a BETTER wrestler

Dont forget Kos and Fitch are great wrestlers and look what happened there. Phone Post
11/19/12 10:58 PM
supersonic
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One should have no doubt regarding Nicks guard. He is a legit highly trained black belt and dedicated and when he does find himself in certain positions on the ground he is often successful at tipping things in his favor.

He has great cardio and is also relatively long for the weight so his guard one could say is the most dangerous gsp will face to date

Gsp has proven his top game is virtually flawless so Diaz would certainly have his hands full
11/19/12 11:51 PM
semtex0809
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMastro - Diaz would be more entertaining that's for sure... Phone Post
This Phone Post
11/20/12 9:11 AM
Nonlinear

Nucky - 
Nonlinear - 

GSP would retire Diaz except Condit already did.

The only reason Diaz isnt fighting is because the marijuana suspension lol @ being retired @ Age 29 he didnt make anywhere near enough money to retire and I don't know if he even got his G.E.D so doubt he's gonna look for a minimum wage job when he can still hang with the best in the world.

Sorry cultist, Diaz QUIT after he LOST his last fight.

11/20/12 9:26 AM
Jaybrone
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lun8 -
SickEyeDiaz -  Carlos was intimidated by GSP IMO, which Nick wouldn't be. That confidence can play a huge factor. Phone Post

gsp will be pretty intimidated being hit repeadetly and getting called a bitch at the same time.  He will tense up and fade

Ya because their guys who talked shit about him scared him. Kos talked a lot and called him all kinds of shit. Calling GSP a bitch isn't going to win a fight. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.