UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I Enjoy Watching Their Eyes Roll Back - Hendricks

11/19/12 3:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Caleb R
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I remember falling in love with my own left hand once.

I was 14 and it was fast becoming my go to for finishing.

I thought I was unstoppable.

I'd come home from a bad afternoon of school and know that my left hand could save the day.

Hendricks is in that zone now with his left hand.

He knows the feeling of owning a finisher in under a minute sort of weapon.

Which came in handy with one bathroom or in fighting guys I'd guess. Phone Post
Vote up for this one! Phone Post
11/19/12 4:14 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -  Maybe I'm slow but how many top contenders has Hendricks beat?

Only Kos comes to mind and it wasn't exactly a dominant performance. Phone Post

Ummm Fitch and Kampmann were in the top 5 when he fought them and Fitch is shooting right back up the rankings and Kampmann is still in the top 7 imo
11/19/12 4:39 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snake28 -  Fitch was a good KO sorry I forgot about him lol. Kampman is almost a gatekeeper. Like many others have said he needs to best a few more top guys or look real good Again against like a Diaz or somethkng Phone Post

So who is more deserving of a title shot than Hendricks at the moment?
11/19/12 5:06 PM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks needs a few more top wins. Hes beaten 2 title contenders already leaving one of them unconscious. He just beat kampmann who beat a former title contender and ellenberger who had a good streak going. Who else do you want him to fight? diaz? whos coming off a loss? Hendricks moved his way up the ladder by beating 3 top guys in a row in impressive fashion.

Also he was an instructor at a wrestling camp i attended back in high school and he just started training mma,around the Page/hendo fight, he was as cool as can be and really knowledgeable.
11/19/12 6:41 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CLINTK9 - 1) Hendricks has got a good UFC record going.

Kampmann
Koscheck
Fitch
Peirce
Walburger
Story (Loss)
Breneman
Grant
Funch
Sadollah

But I think he needs one more win over either Condit, Ellenberger, or Diaz to get his title shot.

2)Same with Weidman. good UFC record going.

Munoz
Maia
Lawlor
Bongfeldt
Sakara

but needs some wins over: Boetsch, Belfort, Bisping, or Sonnen before that title shot.

3)and Same with Gustafsson. good UFC record going.

Silva
Vladimir
Hamill
Te Huna
Diabate
Davis (Loss)
Hamman

But in order to get that tile shot he should have to beat a couple of these guys at least:

Shogun
Hendo
Machida
Davis
Sonnen
Belfort
Evans

Guys think they should be getting title shots way tooo soon. Sonnen Brings in Fans and PPV buys. Belfort was a last minute replacement. Hendricks is the closest of the 3 to be getin the shot, but with Condit, Diaz, Ellenberger out there, he should have to fight one of them 1st.

I have to disagree, dude. Beating Fitch, Koschek, and Kampmann in a row is more than enough for a title shot, IMO. The division simply isn't big enough andf deep enough.

Essentially, you're asking him to clean house of the entire division of legit contenders before he gets a title shot. By that rationale, he'll have a very limited pool of contenders should he actually win the title.

Condit just lost, that's on him. No way should a guy on a winning streak like that have to come in and beat a guy that just lost his title opportunity.

Same with Diaz - he just lost to the guy who lost the title opportunity. Hendricks did and continues to do his job - these fellas didn't. No reason to punish Hendricks for it.

Ellenberger is a solid fighter, but he doesn't have the street cred or the record that Fitch, Koschek, or Kampmann had....so how does this fight help Hendricks? If anything, Ellenberger should be the one fighting Diaz or Condit.
11/19/12 10:18 PM
cheesesteak
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is a geek
11/20/12 1:53 AM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is very explosive...

I want to see whobwins te wrestling battle between gsp and hendricks.

Gsp has reach, hendricks can explode in.

Hendricks matches up great

Whats hensricks cardio like in a tough long
Fight? Phone Post
11/20/12 2:28 AM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just comical that he gets the "one trick pony" label when he's a division 1 national wrestling champion who has been knocking dudes out cold.  I think GSP has some tough fights at 170 if he wants to continue doing that and I don't believe he wants to fight Anderson.  

Hendricks, Maia, Diaz, Stun Gun, Pierce, Erik Silva, Gunnar Nelson, and Matthew Riddum.  

11/20/12 1:52 PM
rockyrocks90
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker -  He is very explosive...

I want to see whobwins te wrestling battle between gsp and hendricks.

Gsp has reach, hendricks can explode in.

Hendricks matches up great

Whats hensricks cardio like in a tough long
Fight? Phone Post

In the Kos fight he seemed a lil winded in the third round, but that may be due to him thinking he won the first two rounds. against Pierce he looked fresh in the third round but that fight had very little substantial action, kinda boring.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.