UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Attn: Browncoats - Firefly for cheap!

11/19/12 11:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

from http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/19/here-is-your-latest-chance-to-get-firefly-on-blu-ray-for-a-bargain-price/

The complete collection of Joss Whedon‘s Firefly on Blu-ray has dipped down to $12.99 again, from an RRP of $39.99. The disc plays on region A and B players but apparently not region C, so my apologies to… parts of Asia, I think.

How there could be anybody with the kit out there but not this set I don’t know. It’s essential, surely?

Last time I reported on a Firefly sale I said:

As the show was intended for standard definition TV the FX work doesn’t exploit the 1080p imagery as much as you’d expect from a feature film, but this is definitely an upgrade from DVD. It’s nicely lit and shot and deserves the respect of a good transfer, so I upgraded pretty much right away when these discs first came out.

And I think that’s still fair.

12/2/12 10:17 AM
Trust
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got this yesterday - saw it for $12.99 and couldn't resist.  As a huge fan of the show, there was one "deleted scene" that made this worth it for me.  

12/2/12 1:36 PM
Alger Hiss
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's on Netflix. Methinks a shift in consumer entertainment habits is making its presence felt right about now-wards.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.