UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Put together the Dallas Superfight card

11/19/12 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
King Ding A Ling
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've posted on here a few times that I can't wait for a UFC event to come to the DFW area. Imagine how elated I am that they're talking about putting together the biggest fight in UFC history at Cowboys Stadium in May. You've got to think that if Dana wants to fill up this 100K capacity stadium that he'll put together a card similar to or better than UFC 100.

Obviously GSP vs. Anderson headlines, but who else do you think will fight there?

What other title fights or big fights are due up around the May timeline? Maybe Rousey's first UFC title defense?

Put together the card, top to bottom, for me.
11/19/12 11:56 AM
Sofa King Cool
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What it should look like:

GSP vs Silva
Rousey vs Cyborg
Machida vs Hendo
Diaz vs Koscheck
Travis Browne vs Stipe Miocic
Erik Silva vs Martin Kampmann

What it will look like:

GSP vs Silva
Brilz vs Diabate (co main)
Blonde TUF guy vs Pink Mohawk Phone Post
11/19/12 12:02 PM
King Ding A Ling
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool -  What it should look like:

GSP vs Silva
Rousey vs Cyborg
Machida vs Hendo
Diaz vs Koscheck

What it will look like:

GSP vs Silva

I can only hope it's the first lineup you posted. I'm sure it'll get decimated by injuries like they all do. But Dana will make it right in the end
11/19/12 12:04 PM
epwar
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 12:06 PM

Superfight: GSP vs. Anderson Silva

HW title fight: Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem

LHW title fight: Jon Jones vs. Dan Henderson

LW title fight: Ben Henderson vs. Anthony Pettis rematch

Legends fight: Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 (both out of retirement for one night only)

PROFIT!!!

11/19/12 12:04 PM
aka_rtotheoh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBJ vs AndersonGSP vs HendricksGustaffson vs HendoNick Diaz vs. Jon FitchTKZ vs Pablo Garza Phone Post
11/19/12 12:05 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - What it should look like:

GSP vs Silva
Rousey vs Cyborg
Machida vs Hendo
Diaz vs Koscheck

What it will look like:

GSP vs Silva
They need to stick Barao vs McDonald for the interim title on that card Phone Post
11/19/12 12:05 PM
Chris27

Hendo/Machida is gonna headline 157 if Hendo is healthy so take that off.

If this card is in May they could do this but they probably wouldnt because they like to put titles at the top of the card and the highest title main events but the timing would work perfectly.

Silva/GSP 5 round super fight
JDS/Cain vs Reem HW title

Thats its right there. Give us a 1-2 like that and I'm good.

11/19/12 12:06 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
521 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aka_rtotheoh - JBJ vs AndersonGSP vs HendricksGustaffson vs HendoNick Diaz vs. Jon FitchTKZ vs Pablo Garza Phone Post
Wait, Garza gets the top contender just for beating Hominick? Phone Post
11/19/12 12:08 PM
King Ding A Ling

epwar - 

Legends fight: Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 3 (both out of retirement for one night only)

PROFIT!!!

In a perfect world
11/19/12 12:10 PM
Hikikomori

epwar - 

PROFIT!!!

This + Fan Favorites like Nick Diaz and BJ Penn should be on there.

I dont think a lot of people understand how big this card has to be in order to make a show at Cowboy stadium a success.

Manny Pacquiao could do it by himself but MMA needs tons of top names.
11/19/12 12:29 PM
epwar
553 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - 
epwar - 

PROFIT!!!

I dont think a lot of people understand how big this card has to be in order to make a show at Cowboy stadium a success.

Yeah, they need to pack it with names.  If it is like this last show (basically a one fight card), then ouch.

11/19/12 12:40 PM
King Ding A Ling

epwar - 
Hikikomori - 
epwar - 

PROFIT!!!

Yeah, they need to pack it with names.  If it is like this last show (basically a one fight card), then ouch.

That stadium is unbelievably massive and would reflect so poorly on the UFC if it wasn't at near capacity. I assume they'd probably section off some of the stands just in case. That big of a place, only half full, would be pretty depressing for the atmosphere.
Even when George Strait opened the place (I was there), they had significant areas covered up
11/19/12 12:53 PM
Sofa King Cool
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -

PROFIT!!!

No way UFC puts that many title fights on one show. Imagine if they all went to decision a la UFC 33 (largely considered the worst show ever.

As a fan, I would love it. But it could go terribly wrong. Imagine 80,000 fans booing. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:24 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva vs gsp tagging rights
Barao vs macdonald for interim title
(Weidman vs boetch winner) vs ( belfort vs bispig winner) #1 contender bout
Brian stann vs cote for America

It's a tough card to call since it's so far.

Bader vs thiago silva? Phone Post
11/19/12 4:52 PM
Pancake Syrup
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would hope it is a huge card. But i think they would make the rest of the card shit if they got GSP-Anderson
11/19/12 5:19 PM
King Ding A Ling

Pancake Syrup - I would hope it is a huge card. But i think they would make the rest of the card shit if they got GSP-Anderson

Idk... As much as Dana likes breaking records, you'd think he'd try his damndest to fill that sucker to the rafters. I'd guess at least two title fights, a couple fan favorites, and some local guys. He'd probably save Bisping and Gustafson for an overseas fight.
GSP vs Anderson
Barao vs MM
Hendricks (local) vs Rory? (prolly save for Canada)
Glover vs Rampage ?

Maybe bring in Poirier and Melvin since Louisiana is close by

Bedford on the undercard because he's local
11/19/12 5:39 PM
warriorx559
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar pretty much nailed it on the head imo Phone Post
11/19/12 5:39 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even with the greatest card in UFC history, I think they cap out at 60,000 tops for a show at Cowboys Stadium. UFC isn't what it once was.

May as well put the show in a 60,000 seat stadium instead of a 100,000 seat stadium. That way the building looks full at least and you get the same gate.
11/19/12 6:13 PM
QTyp
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no brainer super fight headliner:
GSP vs Spider

couple title fights:
Dos Santos vs Overeem
Bendo/Diaz vs Cowboy/Pettis

couple contender-ish matches:
Hendo vs Rashad
Condit vs BJ

fights to satisfy bloodlust:
Leben vs Lombard
Cung Le vs Stann
Hunt vs Big Johnson
Wonderboy vs Bang
Griggs vs Beltran
Diabate vs Maldonado
Sakara vs Vanderlei

I'd fly out for this card no doubt. I'm sure a couple fights won't happen due to injury. If UFC wants to fill the whole place, they just can't charge an ass-load of money for tickets where people will have no choice but to watch it on the big screen. I hear parking is super expensive too, do something about that.
11/19/12 7:08 PM
King Ding A Ling

Cheapest parking is 40 bucks and it's a really long walk. Close parking is 80-100 bucks. Its fucking ridiculous.

They should open up the entire deck for 20-40 a pop and have anyone in the dfw area that likes to see a fight attend. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:19 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 11/19/12 7:29 PM

There wont be another title fight on the card because then GSP/Silva (which isnt a title fight) would be trumped.  You're not gonna make GSP vs Silva as co main event so I doubt a rousy title fight will happen (maybe a catchweight fight against cyborg) and I doubt a HW or any other title fight will be on the card. 

So settle down and get realistic.

GSP vs Silva

Rousy vs Cyborg (catchweight non title fight is possible)

Nick Diaz vs Nate Marquart/Rory Macdonald

Weidman/Boetsh vs Vitor/Bisping

fill the rest of the card with fun fights and sprinkle some name value like leben, koscheck, etc...

Anyone who thinks JDS/Reem or Jon Jones is gonna be on this card is not living in reality.  JDS/reem will probably headline the big July 4th card.  Also keep in mind that by making GSP/Silva the UFC loses headliners where each can headline his own show so this is another reason why I doubt you're gonna see Bendo or any other champ defending his title on the card.

Zuffa needs main events. 

11/19/12 7:21 PM
BaraoKix

epwar - 

PROFIT!!!

It would cost them 4 million to pay the fighters...
11/19/12 8:04 PM
jasonhightower
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - Even with the greatest card in UFC history, I think they cap out at 60,000 tops for a show at Cowboys Stadium. UFC isn't what it once was.

May as well put the show in a 60,000 seat stadium instead of a 100,000 seat stadium. That way the building looks full at least and you get the same gate.
I think you may be right, until Dana tweets he's at Grapevine Mills Mall ready to give out 20,000 tickets. Phone Post
11/19/12 8:11 PM
Grizz4327
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Anderson (178 lbs). Rousey vs Cyborg (140 lbs). Frank Mir vs Overeen. Machida vs Rockhold (185 lbs). Phone Post
11/19/12 9:36 PM
King Ding A Ling

jasonhightower -
RKing85 - Even with the greatest card in UFC history, I think they cap out at 60,000 tops for a show at Cowboys Stadium. UFC isn't what it once was.

I think you may be right, until Dana tweets he's at Grapevine Mills Mall ready to give out 20,000 tickets. Phone Post
Lol

Ghetto ass mall Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.