UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sakara's manager denies shots were to back of head

11/19/12 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
youarewhatiswrong
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If those shots weren't to the back of the head, then the back of the head does not exist, or is a few inches north of the asshole.
11/19/12 4:35 PM
KZTT_HaliChap
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obie1FaShobie - Phone Post
That guy is from jersey right? Phone Post
11/19/12 5:47 PM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

when I spoke to the Commissioner they said listen, we viewed it and that's the way we see it. Not very objective at all."

so the commission, by stating they called it like they saw it, aren't being objective because they didn't see it the way Sakara's team did?

Coté gave Sakara an easy way out by saying it was likely unintentional, a class move. But was all saw they were clear, intentional and repeated blows to the back of the head meant to stop the single leg takedown.

That his team comes out now and claims, in the face of clear evidence to the contrary, that the shots weren't even to the back of the head is, as we say in Italian/: puro baggaducia
11/19/12 5:51 PM
joe canada
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, WAR YAMASAKI!!!

A lot of you guys shat all over him for upholding the back of the head rule, but LOOK AT YOU NOW!!!!!!

:)
11/19/12 6:46 PM
Enemies

Sakara's manager also believes Pearl Harbor was an inside job, Smurfs are actually green, and that Bisping is #2 P4P (after Sakara of course).
11/19/12 6:52 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TARRat - 
JoeRogan420 - "I’ve already spoken to the commissioner. There was no verbal warning given. At no point did John try and intervene" Why do people keep saying this? Dan gave a warning at 3:36 of the fight. It was clearly audible too. "watch the back of the head"

Also, who the fuck is John? This manager is a retard.

I was going to make that exact point. I definitely heard Dan warn him about the back of the head.

That being said, I thought the rule was to give Cote time to recover - due to the illegal strikes - and if he couldn't, then it was DQ if the strikes were intentional, NC if unintentional.

For low blows yes.  For back of the head shots or knees/kicks to a grounded opponents head, there isn't supposed to be.  It's supposed to be determined then and there if the fighter can continue.  It's one of those rules that really makes MMA safer than boxing.  Being able to recover from being basically finished from any kind of strike, legal or illegal to the head shouldn't be allowed like that because you are putting the fighter at a much higher risk of a secondary concussion.

11/19/12 7:25 PM
UrbanSavage

No more than 2 of those punches could be called illegal.
11/19/12 7:37 PM
youarewhatiswrong
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UrbanSavage - No more than 2 of those punches could be called illegal.

bull-shit. At least 5.
11/19/12 7:57 PM
PatsBarriesGotKongo

At least a couple were donkeypunches. Looking forward to the rematch. Phone Post
11/19/12 8:05 PM
PatsBarriesGotKongo

JoeRogan420 - "I’ve already spoken to the commissioner. There was no verbal warning given. At no point did John try and intervene" Why do people keep saying this? Dan gave a warning at 3:36 of the fight. It was clearly audible too. "watch the back of the head"

Dan did give a warning. You can hear it on the ppv broadcast. Phone Post
11/19/12 8:06 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Nope nope nope nope! Evidence lies nope nope nope!"

11/19/12 8:35 PM
Mdson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF was Dan doing there. I just can't understand why he didn't do shit during that moment. I counted like 6-7 illegal shots and the ref just stood there. Fucking ridiculous.
11/19/12 8:41 PM
Jacinto
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

junobeach - sakara and his manager should just be happy he came that close to winning a fight

lol
11/19/12 9:52 PM
Jive Turkey

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up - 
TheRaider - I couldn't believe DFW and the Fuel crew calling for a NC.

I thought if a clearly intentional illegal blow ended a fight, it was aleays a DQ. Wheres the confusion?

You thought right, but those shots cannot be proven to be "clearly intentional". The fighter said they were not, the majority of them landed on or right behind the ear (LEGAL), and no one can claim they were intentional.

Intentioinal fouls are rare and are usually things like kicks/knees when an opponent is clearly down.

I thought in the rules the defined "back of the head" as anything behind the ear. No?
11/19/12 9:55 PM
joe canada

Jive:

Page 10 of this document for Unified Rules definition of back of the head.

http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/NewOrleansABCProfessionalAmateurMMARulesReport.pdf
11/19/12 11:53 PM
PatrickVilone

isn't punching/kicking the spine also illegal? Besides for the first shot that grazed his ear, ANYONE WITH EYES can clearly see 6-7 ILLEGAL shots to the BACK/ side-to-back of the head, and in the rules and regulations anything behind the ear is considered the back of the head... anyone who denies his illegal strikes is either blind or a moron
11/20/12 1:59 AM
Michael Kn1ght

Some were some were not I researched it many times at least 5 hit solid too the back of the head that I counted but I would have rather seen a NC then a DQ... Phone Post
11/20/12 8:45 AM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
TARRat - 
JoeRogan420 - "I’ve already spoken to the commissioner. There was no verbal warning given. At no point did John try and intervene" Why do people keep saying this? Dan gave a warning at 3:36 of the fight. It was clearly audible too. "watch the back of the head"

I was going to make that exact point. I definitely heard Dan warn him about the back of the head.

That being said, I thought the rule was to give Cote time to recover - due to the illegal strikes - and if he couldn't, then it was DQ if the strikes were intentional, NC if unintentional.

For low blows yes.  For back of the head shots or knees/kicks to a grounded opponents head, there isn't supposed to be.  It's supposed to be determined then and there if the fighter can continue.  It's one of those rules that really makes MMA safer than boxing.  Being able to recover from being basically finished from any kind of strike, legal or illegal to the head shouldn't be allowed like that because you are putting the fighter at a much higher risk of a secondary concussion.

Ah - thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.
11/20/12 6:32 PM
Jive Turkey

joe canada - Jive:

Page 10 of this document for Unified Rules definition of back of the head.

http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/NewOrleansABCProfessionalAmateurMMARulesReport.pdf

Oh, I see. Thank you sir
11/20/12 11:43 PM
TheRaider
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_I Got Fitched Up -
TheRaider - I couldn't believe DFW and the Fuel crew calling for a NC.

I thought if a clearly intentional illegal blow ended a fight, it was aleays a DQ. Wheres the confusion?

You thought right, but those shots cannot be proven to be "clearly intentional". The fighter said they were not, the majority of them landed on or right behind the ear (LEGAL), and no one can claim they were intentional.

Intentioinal fouls are rare and are usually things like kicks/knees when an opponent is clearly down.

They looked intentional, but I guess only Sakara knows. Not everyone can man up and admit what they did like the TUF biter.. Phone Post
11/22/12 2:45 PM
Diesel67

Most were to the top or side. If they'd been to the sweet spot Cote would be out cold. Feel with your finger down the center line til you feel a depression - where you stick the needle in the frog in bio class. That's where the elbows and hammerfists go to f--k up the brain stem. Practice in training so it comes in combat.
11/22/12 3:38 PM
WatchinMMA

John was not there so the manager is technically correct

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.