UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> why is couture so loved yet hendo..

11/19/12 2:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mr1709
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

is brushed aside by the ufc in general. Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was and is in my opinion the greatest american fighter ever

The ufc doesnt hype him up like they did for randy couture though why is that.

Henderson- better wins, better competition, epic ko's and way more exciting.

Has beaten fedor and shogun back to back and is being made to now fight machida. If randy couture did that they would give him 4 title shots
11/19/12 2:31 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/19/12 2:40 PM
xXJayRobXx
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana and Dan haven't always ha the best relationship I don't think. Not that it should matter from a business perspective but when your pissing off the guy who is in charge of promoting you, don't be surprised if he doesn't. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:45 PM
orcus

"Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was"

lol

11/19/12 2:47 PM
Tilla

Hendo has a MUCH better resume.

I love Randy and Hendo. Both super bad ass motherfuckers.
11/19/12 2:48 PM
torquemada
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

Holy shit, that's hilarious. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:55 PM
SpiritualElixir

OP where have you been, Dana and Randy have been butting head for years.  Randy was actually sued by Dana and zuffa, remember when he was trying to fight Fedor.

What a shame on zuffa's part to stand in the way of that fight.

11/19/12 2:55 PM
mr1709

Billytk - 
mr1709 - is brushed aside by the ufc in general. Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was and is in my opinion the greatest american fighter ever

Has beaten fedor and shogun back to back and is being made to now fight machida. If randy couture did that they would give him 4 title shots

Well first Dan lost to Shogun but was gifted the W by shitty judging 2nd he got owned by a guy 2 weight classes below him 3rd he whines and complains all the time about everything just comes off as a sour guy where as Randy always came off as classy and likeable. Oh and Fedor wasn't really the same fighter he once was by the time Dan fought him

he didnt lose to shogun LOL at most the judges could have given a draw

bisping ko = most epic moment in ufc history
11/19/12 2:56 PM
PrettyBoy
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Dan. He has been denied two rightful title shots. He deserves a last chance before its over. This Sonnen fight is bs. He do would have been ready by April obviously. Phone Post
11/19/12 2:59 PM
crowbar
835 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 3:31 PM

Dan mentioned that his Range Rover from the UFC broke down coming home from TUF.

Dana is sensitive about that kind of shit.

11/19/12 3:00 PM
orcus

Tilla - Hendo has a MUCH better resume.

Dan has never once beaten a top fighter when they were at their best or riding hot streaks, something that Randy did many times (Chuck, TIto, Gonzaga, Belfort, Sylvia). And many of Dan's biggest wins were controversial. Randy dominated in his big wins. 

11/19/12 3:04 PM
Hemlock
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy and Hendo are like a double order of bacon vs two single orders of bacon. Just fucking give it to me.

Beep?
11/19/12 3:13 PM
caseharts
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billytk -
mr1709 - is brushed aside by the ufc in general. Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was and is in my opinion the greatest american fighter ever

Well first Dan lost to Shogun but was gifted the W by shitty judging 2nd he got owned by a guy 2 weight classes below him 3rd he whines and complains all the time about everything just comes off as a sour guy where as Randy always came off as classy and likeable. Oh and Fedor wasn't really the same fighter he once was by the time Dan fought him
No. Close fight but I had it for Henderson. So not a gift. Don't say things like they're facts. People can see that fight in many ways and was close. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:10 PM
Tilla

orcus - 

Dan has never once beaten a top fighter when they were at their best or riding hot streaks, something that Randy did many times (Chuck, TIto, Gonzaga, Belfort, Sylvia). And many of Dan's biggest wins were controversial. Randy dominated in his big wins. 

Gonzaga and Sylvia are NOT top fighters.

He beat Wand, He beat Shogun, Beat Big Nog, Beat Bustamante, Beat Fedor and Beat Belfort.

Randy lost against an Ex-Pro Wrestler.

11/19/12 4:24 PM
JOESONDO
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Timing mostly. Couture was the right guy to promote at that time. They needed to promote someone and there wasn't the deep talent pool back then.

He was the "wholesome" image they needed and he just beat their two poster boys, Chuck and Tito.

Hendo, has not had the marquee win (by marquee I mean high profile in the UFC with lots of people watching) that Couture has had.

While he has had some big wins in spectacular fashion, they were Pride or other organizations, where most of the UFC's fanbase would not have had a chance to see.
11/19/12 4:27 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla -
orcus - 

Gonzaga and Sylvia are NOT top fighters.

He beat Wand, He beat Shogun, Beat Big Nog, Beat Bustamante, Beat Fedor and Beat Belfort.

Randy lost against an Ex-Pro Wrestler.

Two ufc hall of famers were in wwe Phone Post
11/19/12 4:29 PM
JOESONDO
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, Couture was the perpetual underdog. First (in non-hardcore fans minds) against Tito, then Chuck, then Sylvia and Gonzaga (no they weren't great heavyweights but Couture was viewed as a LHW fighting much bigger guys).

Everyone loves an underdog and Couture had the nice guy image to boot.
11/19/12 4:32 PM
mmamonstar

crowbar -

lol Phone Post
11/19/12 5:07 PM
bhealthy

if you are such a fan of hendo, how could you not know that he was easily submitted by the GREATEST fighter(anderson silva)????

And bested by
shields and Hampage(neither of which were considered the greatest american fighter at the time)
11/19/12 5:11 PM
Nexuscrawlers
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they have both had lots of ups and downs in their careers, but Dan was never a UFC champ.

Randy being a champ multiple times and at 2 weights, it is a no brainer the UFC hypes up randy more.

11/19/12 5:21 PM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

actually hendo is way more popular amongst the hardcores from what i've read.  many complaints on randy as a stuck up dbag

11/19/12 5:26 PM
omlet de fromage

Dan is not the fighter Randy was. Phone Post
11/19/12 5:35 PM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't love Couture at all. I am a way bigger fan of Henderson than I am of Couture.
11/19/12 5:44 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fans love both Randy and Hendo.

If UFC loves Hendo less, it's probably because he doesn't draw like Randy did. It always comes down to business.
11/19/12 6:11 PM
bhealthy

against others who admitted they were on TRT hendo is 0-1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.