UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> why is couture so loved yet hendo..

11/19/12 6:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC had very few marketable guys during the dark days, Couture was one of them.

Hendo was always the better fighter, look at both of them in RINGS.

11/19/12 6:21 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

biva -  Cos Hendo spent his prime fighting for the enemy in Japan. Phone Post

It's closer to the fact that he lead what was seen as team takeover in PRIDe 33 in Vegas.

Dana loved screwing him out of the rematch he was promised with AS after UFC 100 and was unwilling to put that fight he earned into his contract. I'm sure he also enjoyed putting JBJ up in a clown match up while giving Hendo the Machida fight too.

Hendo also (like others I'm sure) was screwed out of promised promotional money (action figures) and was verbal about that robbery too.
11/19/12 6:32 PM
Kneeblock
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

That is amazing.

Crowbar, did you make this?

11/19/12 6:37 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jerry Sandusky for Pope 2012 - 

Hendo has fought outside of the UFC too much for them to really get behind him. That would have changed if he won a UFC belt. Not the best marketing ploy to say Pride Champion, SF champion, when those orgs are capish and don't hit a soft spot with the majority of today's ufc fans.

You obviously made a bad choice in a SN bet, but you are correct here. Lol.

11/19/12 7:00 PM
ChaosOverkill
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL - 
Jerry Sandusky for Pope 2012 - 

Hendo has fought outside of the UFC too much for them to really get behind him. That would have changed if he won a UFC belt. Not the best marketing ploy to say Pride Champion, SF champion, when those orgs are capish and don't hit a soft spot with the majority of today's ufc fans.

You obviously made a bad choice in a SN bet, but you are correct here. Lol.

No he's said that he chose that SN and based on the Catholic Church's cover ups of diddler priests it's an apt SN.

11/19/12 7:02 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

Voted up!

11/19/12 7:11 PM
crowbar
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - 
crowbar - 

That is amazing.

Crowbar, did you make this?

No,I don`t possess any photoshopping abilities.If you voted me up,all I can is return the favor.I honestly can`t remember who it belongs to.

11/19/12 7:18 PM
orcus

ChokeEmOut - 
orcus -

"Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was"

lol

Try to deny his statement with facts. You are going to have a hard time in doing so Phone Post

Already did

11/20/12 1:30 AM
NotJustA12er

Billytk -
mr1709 - is brushed aside by the ufc in general. Dan henderson is twice the fighter couture ever was and is in my opinion the greatest american fighter ever

The ufc doesnt hype him up like they did for randy couture though why is that.

Henderson- better wins, better competition, epic ko's and way more exciting.

Has beaten fedor and shogun back to back and is being made to now fight machida. If randy couture did that they would give him 4 title shots

Well first Dan lost to Shogun but was gifted the W by shitty judging 2nd he got owned by a guy 2 weight classes below him 3rd he whines and complains all the time about everything just comes off as a sour guy where as Randy always came off as classy and likeable. Oh and Fedor wasn't really the same fighter he once was by the time Dan fought him
Scooter ?

I knew it was you .... You still up to your old tricks ! Lol , what a twat ! Phone Post
11/20/12 1:36 AM
NAGA_JIM

xXJayRobXx -  Dana and Dan haven't always ha the best relationship I don't think. Not that it should matter from a business perspective but when your pissing off the guy who is in charge of promoting you, don't be surprised if he doesn't. Phone Post

same could be said for couture. i agree with op

11/20/12 1:44 AM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wwf title selection process is BULLSHIT.

Sonnen getting the fight with Jones is just wrong.

What sport do you get to play in the championship game...right after you lost your last game?

UFC!

Bad direction , bad precedent.

Hope its not a trend Phone Post
11/23/12 12:33 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

lol

To be honest, I agree with that statement. Dan has fought and beaten much more impressive competition than Randy.

11/23/12 1:16 PM
morse
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
orcus - 

lol

To be honest, I agree with that statement. Dan has fought and beaten much more impressive competition than Randy.

Randy had so many title fights that it is silly. Loses lhw title rematch to Chuck and next fight is for hw title. Randy was exciting to watch but Hendo is so much better and has the record to prove it. 

11/23/12 1:26 PM
Mayhem Monkey
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy helped them build the sport when it was dark and was pulling things out of his ass when least expected. Something about an underdog crushing the favorite.

The biggest reason has got to be because Randy was a company man and had already been hyped up by the UFC, the media and many fans believed it AND THEN Randy went all rogue and started being difficult.

The difference here is that Henderson, while being more exciting and having a way better resume, is always speaking his mind on the UFC and is often negative. Whether it's fighter pay or who he thinks he should fight. He talks alot of smack. Everyone knows the UFC looks down on those guys. I think if Hendo was more of a company man the UFC would build him up much more.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.