UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jackson didn't and won't watch GSP vs. Condit

11/19/12 2:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Appearing on today's' (Nov. 19, 2012) edition of "The MMA Hour," Jackson, who is at the helm of one of the most powerful combat sports gyms in the world in Jackson-Winkeljohn Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) in Albuquerque, New Mexico, explained why he didn't even bother to order the UFC 154 pay-per-view (PPV) and why he won't even watch a replay down the road.

"It was just a little too personal for me. I love both of those guys and it is just business and they did what they had to do, but for me, it was kind of a personal thing and it's not something I enjoy. So, I hung out with the family and didn't participate. A few people were asking me and I said no, it wasn't like I was dying for play-by-play or anything like that. I got updates after it was done and everybody let me know it was good and everybody was okay and that was my main concern. Everybody was fine and it's time to move on, I guess."

When asked if he would watch the bout for future training purposes, Jackson had this to say:

"Nah, I don't think so. There might be (advantages in seeing the fight) but, I know Carlos so well, I know his style so well that I probably won't need to see the fight just because it's already in the noggin."

read entire article...

11/19/12 2:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hubris
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this guy is such a snake
11/19/12 2:38 PM
Morgz
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dont care

11/19/12 2:40 PM
Trane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't matter.

GSP has no need for Greg Jackson anyways, he executed a perfect gameplan.
11/19/12 2:40 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

stop being such a drama queen greg

11/19/12 3:02 PM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Jackson. GSP was never a Jackson fighter so Greg is basically trying to act like he is hurt by this. When Evans was with him forever and he cornered against him. Greg just wants to stake claims to champions.
11/19/12 3:07 PM
A bailie

This is true. GSP doesn't need Jackson, as he showed on Saturday night. He was breathing just fine on his own in between rounds. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:09 PM
Joe_Drogan420

hubris - this guy is such a snake

this.
he's so full of shit.
everyone knows he watched the fight.

the funny thing is both fighters fought better with him sitting out.
11/19/12 3:13 PM
RandyDarsh
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trane - Doesn't matter.

GSP has no need for Greg Jackson anyways, he executed a perfect gameplan.
Greg would have told condit to run, making the fight worse, he would have told gsp " no ground and pound george " and he never would have thrown that elbow. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:17 PM
Willingly_Butt_Bonnared
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, this is just more phony baloney "we're one big family!" nonsense from Jackson.

He knows that in order to keep making that Anderson Silva money he has to maintain the illusion of impartiality between both guys. Phone Post
11/19/12 3:21 PM
crowbar
744 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/19/12 3:25 PM
Wovito

The guys is a real shitbag vis-a-vis all the "family" talk and what happened to Hashad and Diego.
11/19/12 3:43 PM
GregNoActionJackson
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the fuck cares about what he does or doesn't do. Dudes an idiot for saying he won't ever watch the fight. That's just piss poor coaching IMHO Phone Post
11/19/12 4:55 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

Greg Jackson is a loving and caring human being. He is compassionate about his students. The people on this thread disgust me by questioning his family unity. Greg Jackson takes these guys into his house. There is bonding that goes on here. He has been consistent on this issue of training partners fighting and does not deserve an ounce of criticism for this. If you want to fight your training partner then go ahead, but I will not coach either one of you.
11/19/12 5:54 PM
joejitsu4

Listen toall the DBs here criticizing the guy for doing the right thing. Do u nut sacks think for yourselves or go with whatever Dana tells you on tv. First the guy has cornered GSP for just about everyone of his fights but this one. So even if GSP did well without him in this fight he has been instrumental in making him a champ. Second, he has made condit who he is. Again whether he was in the corner for this fight or not he transformed condit into a belt contender. Third, he coached against Rashad because Rashad acted like a jack ass to him and the whole team and had already left the camp. His policy with fights between team mates has always been the same and he has taken heat from the UFC for it. Last and for the last time, look at the percentage of the fighters finishes from his camp. Close to 68 percent finishes. Clearly he is doing something right and the "no action" nonsense does not apply. Have a brain and think for yourself. This guy has made more champions than any other coach now and probably for a long time. His fighters love him so the rest of u stfu w ur opinions.
11/19/12 5:57 PM
mike_rizzo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thats just stupid. what is he 5? Phone Post
11/19/12 6:01 PM
FatBuddha
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol - this really reminds me of too many martial art gym/academy owner "drama queens".

If he plans to coach either again, he has an obligation to watch the fight to correct their vulnerabilities.
11/19/12 6:04 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/19/12 6:07 PM
MMALOGIC

I think GSp could care less... he essentially took away carlos condit's coach.  GSP hasnt trained at Greg Jacksons for a long time.  the rumor out of the tristar gym was that GSP has to have Greg Jackson in his corner one more time and then he's not gonna use him again.

11/19/12 6:14 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joejitsu4 - So even if GSP did well without him in this fight he has been instrumental in making him a champ.

This is false. GSP didn't start working with Greg until after the Serra loss. GSP was already the best in the world before he met Greg.

Jones was also well on his way to becoming the best before he worked with Greg too. Everyone saw that his natural talent was near unprecedented, hence why Greg took Jones in despite Rashad's objections.

Now you're right that this notion of Jackson fighters not finishing fights is nonsense. But Jackson gets too much credit for the success of fighters, like GSP and Jones, who would be great even if they'd never met him.
11/19/12 6:16 PM
that new guy

yawn

11/19/12 6:24 PM
Entreri

Jackson's loss.
11/19/12 6:45 PM
MMALOGIC

so Greg Jackson is on a PR tour to state he didnt watch the fight? 

11/19/12 7:07 PM
Iwreastledabearonce
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

I think GSp could care less... he essentially took away carlos condit's coach.  GSP hasnt trained at Greg Jacksons for a long time.  the rumor out of the tristar gym was that GSP has to have Greg Jackson in his corner one more time and then he's not gonna use him again.

I hope this is true Phone Post
11/19/12 7:46 PM
French Fries Malone
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol now I know for sure he is a couple knobs short of a cabinet set Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.