UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> School me on Nightcrawler...

11/19/12 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loved this guy when I was growing up, but I haven't followed him in years.

School me on him..

How bad ass is he? What are his powers?
11/19/12 3:02 PM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was taken over by the Carnage symbiote and was thought lost during the Kree civil war. Ronan the Accuser joined the new mutant team "X Alliance" in an attempt to free him, which ended up with Kurt having the Quantum Bands and ruling the Kree version of Atlantis.
11/19/12 4:03 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That happened? The Blob is dead?

11/19/12 5:16 PM
Alger Hiss
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So regular blob is just a fat guy now?

Or was his fatness a mutant power and he is now a skinny sexy motherfucker?
11/19/12 5:24 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alger Hiss - So regular blob is just a fat guy now?

Hes skinny with all the extra skin hanging off him, hes barely able to survive depowered Phone Post
11/19/12 11:05 PM
mwmhong
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again -

He died.

Now one from another universe is running around with X-Force, but I think they're gonna kill him too.

He's pretty badass, teleports, can teleport other people and things, teleported a shark into the Blob and the shark ate the Blob from the inside.

lol @ teleporting a shark Phone Post
11/19/12 11:36 PM
sside maurice
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He can teleport himself and all or only part of something or someone else. He can, for example, teleport your head but not the rest of your body. When he teleports, he spends a split second in a brimstone-filled dimension, so he's stinky. Teleportation puts a strain on him but an even greater strain on his passengers, so he sometimes teleports people multiple times in succession to render them unconscious.

Other powers:
- sticks to walls
- hides in shadows
- prehensile tail
- super-flexible
- super-agile
- night vision
- pimp extraordinaire
11/20/12 12:58 AM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hemlock - He was taken over by the Carnage symbiote and was thought lost during the Kree civil war. Ronan the Accuser joined the new mutant team "X Alliance" in an attempt to free him, which ended up with Kurt having the Quantum Bands and ruling the Kree version of Atlantis.

inspired
11/20/12 10:21 PM
MarkRobinson
1389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slow clap for Hemlock

11/20/12 10:23 PM
MarkRobinson
1389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, the geek ground has concluded that nightcrawler can not use his teleportation as a mode of continuous long distance traveling. For instance, he cannot look at the horizon and continuously teleport towards it as if he was flying. 

11/21/12 8:07 AM
Tilla

sside maurice - He can teleport himself and all or only part of something or someone else. He can, for example, teleport your head but not the rest of your body. When he teleports, he spends a split second in a brimstone-filled dimension, so he's stinky. Teleportation puts a strain on him but an even greater strain on his passengers, so he sometimes teleports people multiple times in succession to render them unconscious.

Other powers:
- sticks to walls
- hides in shadows
- prehensile tail
- super-flexible
- super-agile
- night vision
- pimp extraordinaire

Thanks! ;-)
11/21/12 10:55 AM
BigWilliam
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought teleporting to much mass or doing it too often tired him out?

When did he get uber religious though? I don't remember than when I read about him when I was kid.
11/21/12 1:40 PM
QTyp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kurt with the Carnage symbiote would be SICK!
11/21/12 2:54 PM
paw
1531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigWilliam - I thought teleporting to much mass or doing it too often tired him out?

When did he get uber religious though? I don't remember than when I read about him when I was kid.

Kurt was always a devout Catholic.  IIRC, a few (5ish?) years ago, he started seriously considering becoming a priest.

11/21/12 3:32 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies

Dead Again -
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies - 

Hes skinny with all the extra skin hanging off him, hes barely able to survive depowered Phone Post

He lost all the extra skin and became some kind of weight loss guru.

Lol what that's ridiculous Phone Post
11/24/12 12:21 PM
BigWave Dave
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blob still looked gross but Toad is sexy as fuck these days. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/26874/1886817-toaddepowered.jpg Phone Post
11/24/12 1:48 PM
SamboMMA

paw - 
BigWilliam - I thought teleporting to much mass or doing it too often tired him out?

Kurt was always a devout Catholic.  IIRC, a few (5ish?) years ago, he started seriously considering becoming a priest.

Didn't he grow up in a Monastery as well? Or was that just the Cartoon's origin for NC?
11/24/12 7:31 PM
paw
1531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SamboMMA - 
paw - 

Didn't he grow up in a Monastery as well? Or was that just the Cartoon's origin for NC?

That must have been for the cartoon.  Kurt grew up in the circus.

11/24/12 7:34 PM
None So Blind
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paw - 

Correct - even in the early 80's there were references to Kurt's religiosity - e.g., he had a bad crisis of faith when confronted by the Beyonder (i.e., since it was all-powerful, was it God, and if not, how could God allow such a being that it could erase all His creation at a whim, etc.)
11/26/12 3:17 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARoundup.com

I finally got to reading "Second Coming" last night.  Pretty sad but then it's pretty sad that all Marvel has to do is bring in a version from another Universe now.

11/26/12 3:31 PM
None So Blind
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augie Max - 

I finally got to reading "Second Coming" last night.  Pretty sad but then it's pretty sad that all Marvel has to do is bring in a version from another Universe now.

"Bring in another version from another universe"

Gee, isn't that what DC did with Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3....Earth 45,034, etc.? :-P

I can see the giant crossover in 8-10 years - "Crisis on Marvel Earths" - where they prune all the bullshit universes to unfuck all the stupidity they're burying themselves in now.
11/26/12 5:20 PM
Zenoplata
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be fair, there was a pretty good story as to why AoA Nightcrawler came to the regular universe and all of it tied together pretty well. It wasn't as cheesy as it sounds.

11/26/12 7:42 PM
paw

Edited: 11/26/12 7:42 PM

From http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42359

AoA Nightcrawler may be sticking around....if Wolverine doesn't kill him first.

11/26/12 7:45 PM
Zenoplata
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nightcrawler once though he was as agile and quick as Spider-Man. He failed.

11/27/12 1:14 PM
Kneeblock
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mistah Kurt, he dead.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.