UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Why didn't the gold star sell out instantly?

11/19/12 4:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tboney8669
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not that i was going to get one, but i noticed there are still a lot of shoyoroll gold stars still available on budovideos. Did i miss the boycott announcement? Phone Post
11/19/12 4:08 PM
Akston
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm assuming the white belts are busy today Phone Post
11/19/12 4:10 PM
falsecrack
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

noticed that too when I got an email an hr or two after the release that they still had product in stock...they probably made a bunch of gis for this release...right before christmas
11/19/12 4:24 PM
Hunter V
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

easy, they listened to all the idiots who bitch about not being able to order one so they made a larger stock (even though ordering one, as long as you are near a internet connection, has ALWAYS been simple from budovideos).
11/19/12 4:52 PM
J. Manly
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not terribly familiar with the details of all the releases but my guess would be because it is black and also the gi is tied to a specific individual from a specific team which in my opinion always limits it's customer base to the supporters of that team or individual. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:55 PM
TRITON
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larger stock for the public Phone Post
11/19/12 5:27 PM
JosephConnolly

My last (1 of 2 i own) SYR gi is starting to tear alot (collar and pants) So that's why I passed.
11/19/12 5:40 PM
raleigh

their products suck and the public is catching on.
11/19/12 8:35 PM
shen
630 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, in the last few days I had to rent a U-Haul and spent almost $700 filling it with all the Twinkies I could get my hands on.

I WAS gonna use the profit to load up on SYRs.

... STUPID.

11/19/12 11:10 PM
Mrbrownfolks
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Releasing right before black friday may have also been a factor. Why buy a gi at 185 when you can get one of comparable/better quality for significantly less.
11/19/12 11:33 PM
Akston
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mrbrownfolks - Releasing right before black friday may have also been a factor. Why buy a gi at 185 when you can get one of comparable/better quality for significantly less.
Price is getting too high Phone Post
11/20/12 1:01 PM
joe_mama
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM9nvNOFqKU
11/20/12 1:37 PM
JZilla
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the UK, from the only shoyoroll supplier here, that gi is £145 ie $240
fuck that Phone Post
11/20/12 2:18 PM
Ozzimandias
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H44OJpuHLqM

11/20/12 5:33 PM
dojo stormer

People still buy expensive gis?
11/20/12 6:36 PM
Sir Taps
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larger stock, poor promotion, 3rd black gi in a row, too soon after the Charles Lew models. All of these are contributing factors.

James
11/20/12 7:56 PM
LEMon
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO its a very poor gi to. Phone Post
11/20/12 9:37 PM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is starting to get old with the "limited release." I know probably about 50% of the people who tried to get the last two releases got it in their cart and then it disappeared during checkout. They basically said, screw this. They want to be cared for as customers. SYR didn't much care of they were pissing people off.
Combine that with the third black gi in a row, right before black friday, and MOST IMPORTANT: TONS of equal gis in quality and that are easy to get and cheaper.
11/20/12 11:54 PM
elburrogrande
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the reason is that shoyoroll was addressing the concerns. People were upset that they couldnt get a gi and complaining for days after the sell about how they had it in the shopping cart and then it disappeared. Now people are complaining because it didnt sell out in 3 minutes. can't please everyone.
11/21/12 2:16 AM
McLeod
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

elburrogrande - the reason is that shoyoroll was addressing the concerns. People were upset that they couldnt get a gi and complaining for days after the sell about how they had it in the shopping cart and then it disappeared. Now people are complaining because it didnt sell out in 3 minutes. can't please everyone.

I have yet to hear any complaints. merely questions wondering why. Big difference.
11/21/12 9:21 PM
shiki31

Part of the fun is the chase. If you're gonna train might as well look good doing it. And if anyone says shoyorolls are ugly, you're just hating cause you had a hard time getting one. Phone Post
11/21/12 10:51 PM
The Ghost Of Swayze
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raleigh - their products suck and the public is catching on.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.