UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny Hendricks, more than Koscheck with a beard?

11/19/12 4:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 4:19 PM

Guys, I'm not seeing it. Not trying to bash, as I like Johny as a fighter, but let's be real. I don't see Johny doing any better against GSP than Kos did. He's a solid wrestler with one shot dynamite in his fists. What does he bring to the table that Koscheck didn't?

People are focused on a KO of Martin Kampmann, but forgetting his grinds against Kos and Pierce. I won't bring up Rick Story.

I'd much rather see Johny against Nick Diaz or Rory if he gets past BJ.

What do you say, UG?
11/19/12 4:22 PM
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that the fight would go the same (jab-a-thon to a unanimous decision win for gsp) but I think Hendricks has a little more power then Kos. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:32 PM
ortman166

Also what calo said. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:47 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

superCalo -  He has better fundamental striking than koscheck, despite koschecks years and thousands of hours of practise and coaching he is still one of the worst technical strikers in the uFc, hendricks is rough around the edges but still has some technical skill and doors not telegraph like koscheck is prone to do with his flailing overhand right. Phone Post

Where's the joke. There should be a joke in every post. i re-read this 10 times...
11/20/12 1:15 PM
jamesisgod
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt -
superCalo -  He has better fundamental striking than koscheck, despite koschecks years and thousands of hours of practise and coaching he is still one of the worst technical strikers in the uFc, hendricks is rough around the edges but still has some technical skill and doors not telegraph like koscheck is prone to do with his flailing overhand right. Phone Post

Where's the joke. There should be a joke in every post. i re-read this 10 times...
I don't joke about mMa man. Phone Post
There it is Phone Post
11/20/12 1:19 PM
Pancake Syrup
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think there wrestling is on par. But i think Hendricks has the better striking. With all the KO he has gotten his combos never get enough attention
11/20/12 1:22 PM
UGCTT croy_00
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - 

Holy fuck I was thinking the same thing lol.
11/20/12 1:22 PM
orcus

I iddn't really notice Hendricks getting the better of the exchanges in their fight. Iirc he was just a bit more active and took more initiative and won that way. I agree about Kos being laughably fixated on his overhand right, though; I don't understand how his trainers haven't broken him of that habit in all these years.

11/20/12 1:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck is a better kickboxer then Hendricks, and more athletic...Johnny brings that game changing power, but you can isolate his left hand...the problems with Kampmann and Fitch, they circled to his left to start the fight, and got jumped on with their pants down basically lol...

11/20/12 1:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

I iddn't really notice Hendricks getting the better of the exchanges in their fight. Iirc he was just a bit more active and took more initiative and won that way. I agree about Kos being laughably fixated on his overhand right, though; I don't understand how his trainers haven't broken him of that habit in all these years.

he never really throws those haymakers here at the Gym, he has a real nice straight right...just doesn't throw it enough.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.