UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What makes Goldie unbearable for me

11/19/12 4:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sativa G
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vent frat thread on why I can't stand Goldie

It sucks to have an announcer you like, and one you don't, team together because you can't just hit mute. So you're forced to take the good with the bad. Nothing pisses me off more than the following.

1: Goldie will be talking his usual meaningless drivel no one cares about 90% of the time. Joe will have to cut in, to say something fight relevant, regarding something technical/educational and time sensitive that is currently going on so that fans understand. Goldie will NEVER yield to this!! He will just start TALKING LOUDER until every last word he planned to say is said, to keep Joe from saying what he's gotta say. It's so childish. It's like he's worked sooo hard to get a thought of something that nothing will stand in his way of getting it out. Not even an expert trying to explain what the fans are seeing

2: He doesn't understand the difference between color commentator and play and play. He keeps trying to go to color and act like he knows the technical side of mma

3: He treats fights like he's a radio broadcaster, which means he feels dead air = death. He has no concept of the value for just shutting up at times and letting fans enjoy the moment like they were there. He feels it's better to say SOMEthing no matter how meaningless, than nothing at all. WRONG! This isn't radio dummy! STFU for 10 seconds!!

4: The stuff that this guy still doesn't know after all the fights he's covered is amazing. That won't stop him from trying to act like he knows. That won't make him train BJJ since that knowledge is job relevant, or at least watch YT videos showing basic techniques. It wouldn't matter if he stuck to his role as play by play, but he refuses to stop stepping on Joe's toes and keeps going to the color commentary side

He's the annoying guy at the ufc party that will never shut up, loves the sound of his own voice too much, wants to sound like they know way more than they do, will talk over you if you try to chime in, etc etc. Only Gus Johnson is worse for me.

A) yes i'm mad bro
B) yes most "did not read lol" / frat
C) is for cookie
11/19/12 4:29 PM
DevilsAdvocate
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many red bulls can you drink and still do commentary? Phone Post
11/19/12 4:29 PM
maxbrothersinc
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're right ...did not read. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:30 PM
BIGLuke
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd rather stream it in Spanish. I don't know how to say "it's all over" in Spanish, and I don't want to know.
11/19/12 4:34 PM
ComeatMeBro
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"they are speaking portuguese"

"thats japanese"

"oh"

"isnt your wife japanese?"
11/19/12 4:35 PM
crowbar
747 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His repetitiveness is very annoying.

11/19/12 4:35 PM
SonnendbySilva
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:36 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

I don't mind him. I think it would help to bring an ex fighter into the mix. Someone like Couture. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:37 PM
sacredhate
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you are too uptight.

imagine rogan trying to keep all the sponsor info straight...and Goldie actually does a good job on fighter stats.
11/19/12 4:38 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt

I love Goldy and think he carries Rogan greatly. Goldy has a great professional voice and is the class of the announcing team.
11/19/12 4:38 PM
Don_Dada
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP looked so big in his last fight. Phone Post
11/19/12 4:39 PM
supersonic
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know why thy are so against a proper 3rd person.
11/19/12 4:40 PM
Gin Tonic
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The beautiful Arianny"

"The lovely Brittney"
11/19/12 4:41 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Rogan and Goldberg are still the best announcing team in MMA, bar none.
11/19/12 4:41 PM
sockeye
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's his job to remind us of his sponsors and relevant facts
11/19/12 4:48 PM
CAlfar

lol didn't read

but in all honesty, sometimes Goldie is annoying but sometimes Joe is too, like the times when Goldie will actually say something smart and Joe has to correct him or make a smart comment in a know-it-all way, but I'm a big fan of both.

UFC wouldn't be the same without Joe and Goldberg, and the only change i would ever like to see is to add Rener Gracie as a occasional commentator for some PPV's instead of Anik or Florian
11/19/12 5:12 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talking like this, is he. Gets on my nerves, it does.

11/19/12 5:14 PM
JimmersonzGlove
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldie doesn't do PBP. His fact dropping distracts from the fights. You don't have to sell us on everything...we're already watching.

11/19/12 5:21 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel the need to complain about Goldie from time to time, but I don't hate the guy at all.. I guess I have been listening to him for so long it's kind of a like a friend that you always feel a little embarassed for. But for all his little quirks, I think the worse thing about Goldie is the fact that he has not improved over the years. Watching old events it always amazes me because I think Goldberg does a much better job than he does currently.. I just don't understand how anyone can get worse at what they do over time.

11/19/12 5:27 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Don_Dada -  GSP looked so big in his last fight. Phone Post

This.
For some reason during that fight I kept thinking, GSP looks big.
11/19/12 5:33 PM
notsobigmike
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goldberg's main job is a lot tougher than it looks.

He's really there to transition elements of the show (fights, packages, interviews, etc.) and plug sponsors and future events.

Staying on top of all that stuff, along with essentially being the visible engine that keeps the show moving forward, is NOT an easy job.

His fight commentary is weak at best, but I give him a pass because that's not really what he's there for.

They need a third man in the booth to take the pressure off during the actual fights, and keep Goldy's stuff at the margins.
11/19/12 5:35 PM
The Dean of Cuisine
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great, another one of these threads, this certainly was needed. Phone Post
11/19/12 5:35 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

notsobigmike - Goldberg's main job is a lot tougher than it looks.

He's really there to transition elements of the show (fights, packages, interviews, etc.) and plug sponsors and future events.

Staying on top of all that stuff, along with essentially being the visible engine that keeps the show moving forward, is NOT an easy job.

His fight commentary is weak at best, but I give him a pass because that's not really what he's there for.

They need a third man in the booth to take the pressure off during the actual fights, and keep Goldy's stuff at the margins.

This is true.

also... Hi, Goldie!

11/19/12 5:38 PM
whowillbetop5in5years

Bull_in_chinashop - 

Talking like this, is he. Gets on my nerves, it does.

lol funny, that is
11/19/12 5:42 PM
ticker
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love to hate the fact that everything he says is nearly iiiiiiidentical.

... SUPERMAN PUNCH!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.