UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Not able to record PPV at home!

11/19/12 5:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ticker
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, up here in BC, Canada, if you have Rogers as your cable provider you are no longer able to record the UFC PPV events. How much BS is that?

I don't know all the details as to why, but surly this can't be fair can it? If you pay for the feed into your home, you are allowed to record a show as long as you don't distribute and copy it. This is when recording to the cable box PVR. I have not put in another digital recorder yet, so don't know if that would work.

Many times when we watch the fights, friends will show up late or we are just not ready to watch right away, so we will record it and play it around 30 minutes later. We also liked to rewind and watch some of the more technical moves or knockout a couple of times.

Anyone else in the same boat and think this is a bit shitty to do?

It does make me wanna start downloading the events after so we can watch them when we like.
11/19/12 5:09 PM
hockey fighter
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like your getting screwed pal. I've never met anyone who can't record them on their DVR. Phone Post
11/19/12 5:10 PM
MarcusRenatoBlackBelt
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe you should pay for the event every time you watch it. What you are doing is immoral and amounts to stealing. You are a thief and openly bragging about it.
11/19/12 5:13 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i have rogers and can still record...i did this past event.

interestinng.
11/19/12 5:14 PM
sacredhate
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - I believe you should pay for the event every time you watch it. What you are doing is immoral and amounts to stealing. You are a thief and openly bragging about it.

lol. nice try. you pay $1 every time you listen to a song? or pay each time you play a dvd?

11/19/12 5:15 PM
ticker
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - I believe you should pay for the event every time you watch it. What you are doing is immoral and amounts to stealing. You are a thief and openly bragging about it.

I will march myself to the police office now.

Thank you for helping me.
11/19/12 5:18 PM
twizzle97
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like you didn't buy anything. You were leasing on a second to second basis.

11/19/12 5:19 PM
ticker

sacredhate - i have rogers and can still record...i did this past event.

interestinng.

I am thinking it is only on the newer boxes. Both myself and a buddy have newer PVRs and we both hit the same issue. I have been out to pubs for the last few events so I didn't try on this one.

We even called in and a Rogers guys said that it was the 'new rules'. I should add that my friend is with Shaw. He got a similar response. He did get a refund though as he never got to see it.

11/19/12 5:31 PM
SinCityHustler

No problem buddy, I have a VCR for sale.  It records anything that's on your TV and you can watch it over and over forever.  Doesn't use up your DVR space either.  PM me for payment info.  

11/19/12 5:56 PM
ranier wolfcastle
648 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive never done it, but u can run it into a video capture card on your computer and have a copy of what u paid for

11/19/12 6:32 PM
ticker

Thanks for the help/offers, but I am more pissed about the fact that I have to start messing around with extra equipment if I want to go back and view some of the footage again.

This will for sure reduce the number of PPV I buy.
11/19/12 6:58 PM
IIAces

SinCityHustler -

No problem buddy, I have a VCR for sale.  It records anything that's on your TV and you can watch it over and over forever.  Doesn't use up your DVR space either.  PM me for payment info.  

lmao Phone Post
11/19/12 7:28 PM
Pat Giles
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcusRenatoBlackBelt - I believe you should pay for the event every time you watch it. What you are doing is immoral and amounts to stealing. You are a thief and openly bragging about it.
Obvious troll is obvious. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:48 PM
Choochy
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odd, I was able to PVR it in Toronto and I'm on Rogers. Maybe a provincial law thing? Phone Post
11/19/12 8:06 PM
ticker

Choochy -  Odd, I was able to PVR it in Toronto and I'm on Rogers. Maybe a provincial law thing? Phone Post

Do you have an older PVR?
11/19/12 8:09 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TopGrinder -  Yah Rogers is fucked. I paid for the hustler channel monthly and it wouldn't let me record!!!! Phone Post

BLASPHEMY!

They shall burn in hell for that!

11/19/12 10:00 PM
Peacedog
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should be able to bypass the digital recording flag by adding a grex or similar device inline with the cable box and any other recording device.
11/20/12 12:15 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SinCityHustler -

Lmfao Phone Post
11/20/12 12:41 PM
ticker

Peacedog - You should be able to bypass the digital recording flag by adding a grex or similar device inline with the cable box and any other recording device.

Yeah, that is cool that I can put a device in to record, but it is the principle that I have bought so many before in the past and not had to have this additional hardware in between.
11/20/12 4:34 PM
Choochy
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ticker -
Choochy -  Odd, I was able to PVR it in Toronto and I'm on Rogers. Maybe a provincial law thing? Phone Post

Do you have an older PVR?
Yes. Maybe 2 years or so now I think. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.