UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> There should never be contenders lined up....

11/19/12 5:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GSpenn fan
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I keep reading articles and seeing posts about how stacked the WW and MW divisions are...and this justifies not having the biggest fight in MMA history...If you want a legitimate Title...you make the #1 contender clean out the division...not the champion.

I want to see Weidman vs Bisping and Diaz vs Hendricks....some of the greatest champions like GSP and Chuck Liddell cleaned out all other contenders before they won the belt.
11/19/12 5:51 PM
Johnny Ringo
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP already cleaned out the division once, he's having a second go at it now with all the fresh up and comers. This is why he is amazing, especially considering the WW Division is arguably the deepest and best division in the UFC, it and the LW division or so stacked its silly.

And WW has the best list of wrestlers in MMA on paper and their performance in MMA. The non wrestler GSP out wrestles every single one of them.

Oh this GSP. Phone Post
11/19/12 6:27 PM
RJ MacReady
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can live with GSP and Anderson fighting in their weight classes for the rest of their careers but theres no way I'd miss them fighting eachother. I'd also be way more excited for Silva/Jones as far as superfights go Phone Post
11/19/12 6:33 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry Diaz is coming off a #1 contender fight loss he shouldn't get a 2nd straight one before getting 1 or 2 and maybe even 3 wins
11/19/12 6:44 PM
MMALOGIC

if GSP and Anderson were fighting contenders instead of each other this is how it would likely look:

GSP would fight hendricks and then the winner of Nick Diaz vs Nate Marquart/rory macdonald.

Anderson would fight the winner of Boetsch/weidman and then the winner of Belcher vs vitor/bisping.

with the increase in UFC events the divisions are getting deeper and contenders are popping everywhere... Eventually the "superfight" is gonna be a thing of the past.  We might as well get one in while we can.

11/19/12 6:51 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

if GSP and Anderson were fighting contenders instead of each other this is how it would likely look:

GSP would fight hendricks and then the winner of Nick Diaz vs Nate Marquart/rory macdonald.

Anderson would fight the winner of Boetsch/weidman and then the winner of Belcher vs vitor/bisping.

with the increase in UFC events the divisions are getting deeper and contenders are popping everywhere... Eventually the "superfight" is gonna be a thing of the past.  We might as well get one in while we can.

Why not wait until we have a fighter that is intent on clearing out every weightclass they can make, instead of forcing a superfight onto a fighter who is perfectly content with dominating their division? I think it becomes a dangerous precedent when an organization/promotion are the ones who decide who should be in a superfight, or are the ones acting like it should happen. It is especially weird when it's a smaller champion being pressured to fight a larger champion.

11/19/12 7:12 PM
GSpenn fan
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think it becomes a dangerous precedent when an organization/promotion are the ones who decide who should be in a superfight"

I think GSP works for the UFC. They should be able to persuade him...not like they are asking him to do it for free,
11/19/12 7:18 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSpenn fan - "I think it becomes a dangerous precedent when an organization/promotion are the ones who decide who should be in a superfight"

I think GSP works for the UFC. They should be able to persuade him...not like they are asking him to do it for free,

I think there is a different moral standard when the employee is putting their health on the line for their job.

11/19/12 7:32 PM
Rabadaba
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSpenn fan - I keep reading articles and seeing posts about how stacked the WW and MW divisions are...and this justifies not having the biggest fight in MMA history...If you want a legitimate Title...you make the #1 contender clean out the division...not the champion.

I want to see Weidman vs Bisping and Diaz vs Hendricks....some of the greatest champions like GSP and Chuck Liddell cleaned out all other contenders before they won the belt.

Vote Up for an interesting thought. I do wonder if this method of determining the #1 contender would result in fewer title fights, as each contender would have to clear out the division. I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on this.
11/19/12 7:51 PM
BaraoKix

Pancake Syrup - I'm sorry Diaz is coming off a #1 contender fight loss he shouldn't get a 2nd straight one before getting 1 or 2 and maybe even 3 wins

There is 0 chance that he would need 3 more wins before a title shot, you dont know how Dana works it, its all about the $$$.

Diaz= getting the fans interested= $$$
11/19/12 8:01 PM
chawkins
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thatsjustlikeyouropinionman - 
Johnny Ringo - GSP already cleaned out the division once, he's having a second go at it now with all the fresh up and comers. This is why he is amazing, especially considering the WW Division is arguably the deepest and best division in the UFC, it and the LW division or so stacked its silly.

And WW has the best list of wrestlers in MMA on paper and their performance in MMA. The non wrestler GSP out wrestles every single one of them.

Oh this GSP. Phone Post
Yup. He's on his second generation. Amazing. Phone Post

If he actually pulls it off it'll be some legendary shit.
11/20/12 10:31 AM
GSpenn fan

Rabadaba - 
GSpenn fan - I keep reading articles and seeing posts about how stacked the WW and MW divisions are...and this justifies not having the biggest fight in MMA history...If you want a legitimate Title...you make the #1 contender clean out the division...not the champion.

Vote Up for an interesting thought. I do wonder if this method of determining the #1 contender would result in fewer title fights, as each contender would have to clear out the division. I'm interested in anyone's thoughts on this.

Less title fights might be a consequence, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I think that getting a title shot should belong to a very elite club....leites and Cote...should not even be on andersons record...and Dan Hardy should not be on GSP''s record either....those guys had a string of wins but there were still others they could have fought.

GSP AND Silva should only be fighting in super fights and undisputed #1 contenders at this point in their legendary careers..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.