UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Good heavy bag workouts?

11/19/12 5:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't train right now because of money problems but I don't want my striking to get too rusty. Anyone know some good heavy bag workouts? Phone Post
11/19/12 5:55 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tyt Phone Post
11/19/12 6:04 PM
Johnbigfella
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Relevant to my interests :) Phone Post
11/19/12 6:07 PM
Vinnie G
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
11/19/12 6:07 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This won't do much if at all for your form, but it will keep your wind up.

11/19/12 7:38 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

KevinMcAllister -

This won't do much if at all for your form, but it will keep your wind up.

Haha well thanks. Have any pros ever released their heavy bag routine? Phone Post
11/19/12 7:39 PM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

Quoting system messed up. Kevin, do you know if there are any pros that have released their heavy bag routine? Phone Post
11/19/12 8:16 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure about routines, but there is plenty of vids of guys just working out on the bag. I'll post a few different types.

11/19/12 8:16 PM
KevinMcAllister

11/19/12 8:18 PM
KevinMcAllister

11/19/12 8:21 PM
KevinMcAllister

11/19/12 8:29 PM
Joe_Drogan420

holy shit kevin, have you ever trained boxing/with your hands before?
honestly if not, I don't know what you're doing in here.
sure it's cool to watch celebs hit the heavy bag, but he asked for a workout.
Sorry if that was a bit negative, but that 30-30-30 generic heavy bag video bothered me a bit.

here's a good workout:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/heavybag-rounds-101-re-birth-425009/

will keep your fundamentals solid.
other than that work on your combos. work on your movement, staying light on your feet, head movement off center line, feints.
here's some good work for quickening/tightening up your punches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AubY1yFpv5E&feature=plcp

trade off on working your quick combinations inside, to pumping your jab from a distance.
i like to work on the inside then back off and make sure i can aim to land my punch at or right before full extension.
11/19/12 8:43 PM
KevinMcAllister

Joe_Drogan420 - holy shit kevin, have you ever trained boxing/with your hands before?
Sorry if that was a bit negative, but that 30-30-30 generic heavy bag video bothered me a bit.

here's a good workout:

other than that work on your combos. work on your movement, staying light on your feet, head movement off center line, feints.

trade off on working your quick combinations inside, to pumping your jab from a distance.
i like to work on the inside then back off and make sure i can aim to land my punch at or right before full extension.

Yes I have. He asked for a heavy bag workout, so I linked one. I specifically said it won't help your technique.  He then wondered if I knew any pros heavy bag routine, and since I do not, I linked a few vids of pros hitting the bag. What is your problem here?

11/19/12 8:50 PM
Joe_Drogan420

KevinMcAllister - 
Joe_Drogan420 - holy shit kevin, have you ever trained boxing/with your hands before?

here's a good workout:

Yes I have. He asked for a heavy bag workout, so I linked one. I specifically said it won't help your technique.  He then wondered if I knew any pros heavy bag routine, and since I do not, I linked a few vids of pros hitting the bag. What is your problem here?

I'm sorry if that was negative bro. It just bothers me, and i'll explain why.
He asked for routines or workouts, you provide the most generic googled response. Seriously youtube "heavy bag workout" and I wonder what will come up.
Second, then he said haha thanks man, got any pro workouts (probably recognizing the ineptitude of the video you posted).
You then say you don't know any pros routines, or any other heavy bag routines apparently, yet you keep posting random youtube videos.
that's about it bro, if you have something to contribute. that's great, i'd love to implement it myself.
11/19/12 9:05 PM
KevinMcAllister

Joe_Drogan420 - 
KevinMcAllister - 

here's a good workout:

I'm sorry if that was negative bro. It just bothers me, and i'll explain why.
He asked for routines or workouts, you provide the most generic googled response. Seriously youtube "heavy bag workout" and I wonder what will come up.
Second, then he said haha thanks man, got any pro workouts (probably recognizing the ineptitude of the video you posted).
You then say you don't know any pros routines, or any other heavy bag routines apparently, yet you keep posting random youtube videos.
that's about it bro, if you have something to contribute. that's great, i'd love to implement it myself.

Don't come on here being all negative then apologise for it, let it fly. I can deal man lol. I see where you are coming from, but there are barely any pro "routines" to be found, not many of them want that type of stuff out there. The best I can find is pros messing around on the bag. My routine on the heavy bag is basically what the poster above you stated, but I don;t really consider what I do a structured routine. Since I couldn't find any videos proper routines, I linked some pros hitting the bag. If you can't gather anything from how a pro hits the bag, that's on you. Nobody else posted anything so I figured I'd post some vids so people can get some ideas from it. I never claimed to be Freddie Roach, I said here is some vids of pros working out.

11/19/12 9:26 PM
3 strikes
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of the best conditioning drills for the heavybag:

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym24.htm

For your basic technique:

(Kenny Weldon) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxMniaqjyo

(Freddie Roach) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Z_EEzdHp4
11/19/12 11:43 PM
diggity

Thanks for posting guys. Great thread. And thanks Kevin. Phone Post
11/22/12 12:00 AM
UGCTT_Creepy'sMustache

Thanks Kevin! Phone Post
11/22/12 12:07 AM
Robert La Stella
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made up a fun one :)

I add a strike to every punch or dip or block - and I don't stop until I mess up; for example:

1. Jab

2. Jab, hook

3. Jab, hook, dip

4. Jab, hook, dip, straight

4. Jab, hook, dip, straight, block

etc.

This was always a fun game I would play..its been awhile since I get the bags though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.