UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Real Georges St. Pierre

11/19/12 7:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HawaiianMobster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was It Me Or Did Gsp Put On A Pretty Exciting Fight Without Greg Jackson In His Corner? I remember when he used to throw all that spinning shit.
Not Sure what went wrong, but for a bit I lost interest cause his style changed.
Just my 2 cents Phone Post
11/19/12 7:19 PM
dhughes
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah but after getting clipped by Condit I'm curious if we will see much more of it in the future.

It's a shame but it is also understandable. Why take the risk when you know you can control on the ground?
11/19/12 7:20 PM
Entreri

Yes, it reminded me of the old and hungry GSP. He really went after Condit and never let up.
11/19/12 7:23 PM
voorhees

What Was Up With That First Sentence?
11/19/12 7:25 PM
omlet de fromage

Well I don't think the high kick was caused by his aggression. But by the fact that he couldn't see very well out of his right eye. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:26 PM
HawaiianMobster

dhughes - Yeah but after getting clipped by Condit I'm curious if we will see much more of it in the future.

It's a shame but it is also understandable. Why take the risk when you know you can control on the ground?
Solid point why take any unnecessary damage right? Idk I think it's just that people wanna see exciting fights! Phone Post
11/19/12 7:27 PM
Darth Ryase
1430 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone finally brought the fight to him. Of course it was more exciting. Phone Post
11/19/12 7:28 PM
HawaiianMobster

Entreri - Yes, it reminded me of the old and hungry GSP. He really went after Condit and never let up.
Yeah into the 4th round I was like ohh shit I'm still entertained. haha Phone Post
11/19/12 7:30 PM
HawaiianMobster

omlet de fromage - Well I don't think the high kick was caused by his aggression. But by the fact that he couldn't see very well out of his right eye. Phone Post
Me and my training partner tried the combo out on some teammates today, and I am def surprised by the amount of people that got caught with that!
Straight right, then dip and come high with the headkick! Phone Post
11/19/12 7:37 PM
Narcolepsy
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - What Was Up With That First Sentence?

The First Letter Of Each Word, That's What.
11/19/12 7:43 PM
CrazyPope
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rewatched the fight last night and he actually was far more aggressive on the feet than I expected he would be. His striking looked fantastic last night, besides the kick he clearly beat Condit standing.
11/19/12 9:24 PM
jimbonice

His fights always look good. You can blame his opponents for playing it safe, though. Phone Post
11/19/12 9:33 PM
cdueck
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the head kick it was like GSP was pissed off and started to unload then remembered the game plan and took Condit down.

11/19/12 9:38 PM
MolsonMuscles
340 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He as much as admitted pre-fight that he'd lost some of his drive and motivation over the past couple of years.

Sometimes you don't realize how much you love something until it's taken away from you, and I think this might be the case with GSP -- he's rediscovered his love for fighting and it showed on Saturday.
11/19/12 9:59 PM
omlet de fromage

cdueck -

After the head kick it was like GSP was pissed off and started to unload then remembered the game plan and took Condit down.

Totally agree. That moment after he hot up and put Condit against the cage was brutal. Phone Post
11/19/12 10:04 PM
omlet de fromage

omlet de fromage -
cdueck -

Totally agree. That moment after he hot up and put Condit against the cage was brutal. Phone Post
*got Phone Post
11/19/12 10:25 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was the same gsp we always see, however he was knocked down and recovered this time. thats what made it a good fight

11/19/12 10:31 PM
TheReflectionOfPerfection

omlet de fromage -
cdueck -

Gif? Phone Post
11/19/12 10:35 PM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this fight really reminded me of john fitch's last fight with e silva, where the guy on the bottom was incredibly active and constantly trying to scramble, sweep, and submit but the masters of top control really shined in an aggressive way. 

yes both fitch and gsp have been in some snoozers, but with competition that can actually produce some offense from the bottom the fights were VERY exciting.  gsp vs condit was one of my favorite fights of the year, as was fitch silva.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.