UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ Penn on his fight with Rory Macdonald

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/19/12 8:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Training is coming along, I couldn’t be happier with how everything is going,” said Penn. “I’m in the gym trying to put in my time and I’ve used the last few months to get into shape. I think it was a blessing that the fight got pushed back (from UFC 152). I’ve had more time to train and I’ve been able to work out more. We’re giving it an honest effort and we’ll see how everything works out.”

“Right now Jay Hieron, Pat Healy and Tarec Saffedine are here in Hawaii. We’ve been doing some sparring and we’ve got a lot more guys coming down. There are some wrestlers who will be helping me out with this camp as well. Over the next four weeks we’re going to keep rolling in more sparring partners.”

“I wanted to have another match against Tri-Star and head coach Firas Zahabi and it’s not being done because of any bad blood,” admitted Penn. “I feel like I have more to show them and without a doubt Rory has a lot of hype surrounding him. I can see why, he’s done great so far. He’s in great condition, he can kick, punch, he can wrestle and he knows how to fight on the ground. Everyone is saying he’s going to be one of the top guys and those are the guys I like to fight. It works out two ways for me; I get to face a really good opponent and I get to compete against Firas again.”

I am not claiming ownership to these quotes - Thank you bjpenn.com for all of these quotes and the exclusive news.

For more.. http://www.bjpenn.com/exclusive-bj-penn-discuss-rory-macdonald-ufc-on-fox-5-matt-hughes-vada-and-his-career/

11/19/12 8:17 PM
Joe_Drogan420
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR PENN

I don't want to speak too soon, but dare say I he sounds motivated?
11/19/12 8:23 PM
UGCTT_rkilla
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/19/12 8:23 PM

Just Scrap UG Top Team, unite! War BJ!

11/19/12 8:25 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Penn's got this Phone Post
11/19/12 8:26 PM
UGCTT croy_00
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to hear. Win or lose, I don't want anyone to Blame BJ for being out of shape. If Rory takes it then he will undoubtedly be as good as we all know he can be. Phone Post
11/19/12 8:34 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like to hear a humble BJ, very different.  I am cheering for Rory but I expect this to be a great fucking fight.

11/19/12 8:35 PM
French Fries Malone
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War bj!! Phone Post
11/19/12 8:36 PM
MMAologist
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skill level wise: BJ is unmatched. I cant remember a 1st round the he has lost. his issue is cardio, it Always has been. That's why 155 suited him so well... We was forced to be in shape. Phone Post
11/19/12 9:10 PM
TEX4N32
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone else read that with bjs voice? Lol

But seriously tho I cant wait for this fight.
War Bj Penn!! Phone Post
11/19/12 9:19 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

I really think BJ Penn is going to win this thing. His striking is better than Rory's and Penn has GREAT TDD- awesome offensive wrestling and a NASTY guard
He has ALL of the tools. Phone Post
11/19/12 9:24 PM
the geek
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe_Drogan420 - WAR PENN

I don't want to speak too soon, but dare say I he sounds motivated?

Let me know when he's broke!
11/19/12 9:28 PM
JediJitsu
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War BJ!

The hipster bully gives me a sketchy vibe. Phone Post
11/19/12 9:32 PM
the geek
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read this if youre stupid - BJ is my fav old school guy (im new) and rory is my fav newbreed. What then do i do bro? Just let them bang?

The only option is to let them bang bro!

11/19/12 9:43 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/20/12 7:24 AM
I hate this match up for him.
11/19/12 9:46 PM
fasthandssam
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/r-Zb0i3Ok3E
11/19/12 9:47 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Read this if youre stupid - Let them bro forth, and let the bro banging commence. God help us all, bro.
GOD: "I DO HELP YOU ALL BRO!"

lol that was good
11/19/12 9:47 PM
SugaFoot
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Read this if youre stupid - BJ is my fav old school guy (im new) and rory is my fav newbreed. What then do i do bro? Just let them bang?

You gotta let them bang bro.

11/19/12 9:53 PM
the geek

Read this if youre stupid - 
the geek - 

I feared as much, bro. I feared as much.

Bros gotta bang!

11/19/12 10:18 PM
the geek

the geek - 
the geek - 

I feared as much, bro. I feared as much.

Bros gotta bang!

That they do. Yessir. That. They. Do.
"bro" spelled backwards is "let them bang". Spooky.

I'd even go as far as to say that even Bangs Gotta Bro!

... and I don't say that with ease.
11/19/12 10:25 PM
CrazyPope
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really excited for this fight tbh, good to see BJ taking this fight seriously. I'm not sure who I have winning yet but I'm hoping for a war!
11/19/12 10:45 PM
Swift1

I like BJ and have always been a fan. But the sad reality is that BJ will be beaten down badly in this fight and this will likely be it for him. Rory is a beast in the making. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:03 PM
Steel Bayou
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can always tell if BJ Penn is gonna win by the look on his face on his walkout....never been wrong Phone Post
11/19/12 11:15 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steel Bayou -  I can always tell if BJ Penn is gonna win by the look on his face on his walkout....never been wrong Phone Post

Yeah, if he's all twitchy and looks like he might cry it's a good sign.
11/19/12 11:36 PM
Iwreastledabearonce
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war baby j Phone Post
11/19/12 11:52 PM
Just_Scrap
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BJ! Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.