UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dan's pinky/ear rule...

11/19/12 11:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This pinky rule makes little sense. Are groin shots legal if your pinky touches the anus of your opponent? I think shots to the back of the head, are shots to the back of the head.

Opine, fellow UG'ers. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:28 PM
Santino DeFranco
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those aren't Dan's rules, they are the commissions. Dan, the Ref, is there to enforce the rules in place by the commission.
11/19/12 11:30 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Santino DeFranco - Those aren't Dan's rules, they are the commissions. Dan, the Ref, is there to enforce the rules in place by the commission.
Obvi...

However, Dan brought it up. We're not debating who wrote the rule, we're debating the value of the rule. Phone Post
11/19/12 11:36 PM
Muggler
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If your intent was to debate the validity of the rule, your title and post are incredibly misleading and hard to follow.

You start with your title insinuating that the rule is only the refs. You then go on to ask what I could only imagine is a rhetorical question. You finish by making a vague statement, akin to "I think a cheeseburger is a cheeseburger"

Then ask for our opinions.

Well, I agree "a cheeseburger is a cheeseburger."
11/19/12 11:37 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - 
Santino DeFranco - Those aren't Dan's rules, they are the commissions. Dan, the Ref, is there to enforce the rules in place by the commission.
Obvi...

However, Dan brought it up. We're not debating who wrote the rule, we're debating the value of the rule. Phone Post

Yeah, that makes little to no sense to me.  Why make a fighter safety rule and then basically say "well it doesn't count cuz he's got big hands and his pinky grazed his ear."

Carwin take note of this if you want to be the first person to ever kill someone in the octagon.

11/19/12 11:38 PM
Fedors Jim Jams

so basically this is another problem with the archaic rules??
11/19/12 11:45 PM
I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo

Muggler - If your intent was to debate the validity of the rule, your title and post are incredibly misleading and hard to follow.

You start with your title insinuating that the rule is only the refs. You then go on to ask what I could only imagine is a rhetorical question. You finish by making a vague statement, akin to "I think a cheeseburger is a cheeseburger"

Thanks for the overly literal breakdown of semantics in a paragraph on an MMA website. Your contribution is appreciated. I'll be sure to be wary of how specific I am on posts in the future, so that I'm not forced into distracting conversations with douche bags like yourself. Phone Post
11/21/12 9:26 PM
Muggler
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - 
Muggler - If your intent was to debate the validity of the rule, your title and post are incredibly misleading and hard to follow.

Thanks for the overly literal breakdown of semantics in a paragraph on an MMA website. Your contribution is appreciated. I'll be sure to be wary of how specific I am on posts in the future, so that I'm not forced into distracting conversations with douche bags like yourself. Phone Post

You're right, I apologize. It makes perfect sense to intend to make a thread about something, but in the initial post say something totally different.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.